Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I’m hooked ! LDA - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I’m hooked ! LDA

Stuart Monument

Good to hear some very positive feedback.   I'm booked in this Friday for the bronze Level training day.  

I've never done a track day before so looking forward to driving a car fast for the first time.  Also looking forward to learning LOTs of things about how to correctly drive a car round a track.  Just hope I'm not the slowest person that day! :)

• Like 2

My kids bought me a gift voucher for the same. I am really looking forward to it. Looks like it will be a long wait till August!!

• Like 1

Sound very wimpish this but I’m really pleased to do it in a 220 sport. I felt that I could actually get a feel for the balance while (very occasionally) get on the edge of balance / grip. In a Exige or Evora I doubt I would have got anywhere near that edge as I would have ran out of talent at those speeds. 

• Like 1

Hey Stuart!

I'm glad you enjoyed the day - sorry about the weather.

I shall be taking care of the factory tour and the Classic Team Lotus tour on Friday, Jairaj, so I hope to give you an enjoyable experience away from the track.

We aim to make the LDA the best driving experience possible and I genuinely think we do!

Guy

• Like 1

I'm booked on the 3-day Lotus license in June - really looking forward to it though did hesitate before booking as I couldn't find all that many testimonials - great to hear you had a good time.

@snowrx no prep needed ! Looking at the layout of the track could be helpful, but they put some cone chicanes out, so the layout was ever so slightly different. Probably best going without to much planning so you have a complete open mind. The instructors won’t need to teach you out of any bad habits that way. 

On 12/04/2018 at 15:42, Mister_Tad said:

I'm booked on the 3-day Lotus license in June - really looking forward to it though did hesitate before booking as I couldn't find all that many testimonials - great to hear you had a good time.

Snap.....I’m doing the June one.see you there!

• 2 months later...
On 16/04/2018 at 17:39, Ali tuck said:

Snap.....I’m doing the June one.see you there!

Well that didn't entirely go to plan, did it...

Just back from the first half of the three day lotus license, on account of a double-strike of instructors being taken ill. Things were called to a halt when I was a few laps in to the first of my afternoon track sessions.

More than a bit disappointing, but I'm booked back on the Gold day in November (being the only availability left this year). I had thought that it may have been better to have mixed weather over the course of the three days as opposed to the perfect weekend we had, so seems I'll be getting my wish. I just hope I don't forget everything between now and then.

As yet unsure what's happening about the half-missing Silver day.

1 hour ago, Mister_Tad said:

I think there's three more still - at least we have that option. Imagine the other guys having come from Austria, Swizerland, Sweden, Australia... gutted.

That's what I thought......I think we were the only 2 English guys on the final day!

Hi both,

We can only apologise publicly, it's never happened to us before, in the 20 odd years that the LDA has been going we've only abandoned, in my memory, twice, both for weather reasons. Our rationale was if we can't deliver to the high standard we've always aspired to then we would rather get you guys back on another day.

Hopefully the fact you want to come back is a sign that we have done something well!

We will do our best to open up some more Licence weekends, that's the tough bit as we are running on most already to meet demand!

See you soon!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LDA_Hethel said:

Hi both,

We can only apologise publicly, it's never happened to us before, in the 20 odd years that the LDA has been going we've only abandoned, in my memory, twice, both for weather reasons. Our rationale was if we can't deliver to the high standard we've always aspired to then we would rather get you guys back on another day.

Hopefully the fact you want to come back is a sign that we have done something well!

We will do our best to open up some more Licence weekends, that's the tough bit as we are running on most already to meet demand!

See you soon!

No way to predict or control these things unfortunately! The fact that what we did get through was of such a high quality made it all the more disappointing to be cut short.

Hope the instructors (and that poor, black Elise, for that matter!) are feeling better.