Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 tyres for road, year round use - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 tyres for road, year round use

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S get my vote. Very good tyre all round

Used to suggest MPSS but they don't make em anymore.

I'd avoid Pirellis, as the Michelin is a better tyre in both wet and dry which is usually quite rare to have both perform well! 

• Confused 1

Top 5 ultra high performance tyres from quick google - 

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Continental Sport Contact 6

Falken Azenis FK510

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Uniroyal Rainsport 3  - Personally I don't trust these, but reviews seem okay, just not for me.

4 minutes ago, RedViper said:

Not available in 17 or 18 inch.

PS4 only option if you want latest Michelin and not Cup 2's

My apologies. I forget how "small" the Lotus wheels are, I've been looking for new rears on my Nismo - running 285/35/19s. Forgot to check they come in smaller diameter sizes

Try a few sites, Oponeo was a lot cheaper for me, or camskills too.

For reference ( my sizes ) below

285/35/19  Blackcricles £290 Oponeo £225

295/35/19 Blackcircles £283 Oponeo £253

305/30/19 Blackcircles £262 Oponeo £231

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip. For PS4 works out exactly the same as Oponeo at £560 (once you have factored in the Black Circles discount offer of an extra £40).

Very good shout though, thanks.

Until the ps4s comes in Exige dimensions, I recommend the PS4 for road usage (from a guy who lives between jura and alps). Even on track the ps4 are efficient with the good pressure.

Response from Michelin... when I enquiries about 18” PS4S...

Michelin make some PS4S in smaller sizes in our factories in the USA, but for numerous commercial reasons we don’t bring them into the UK

The Pilot Sport 4 is available in 18” and is the same as the PS4S (in the fact that it is derived from the Pilot Super Sport)

It’s won 5 magazine tests on the bounce, and is by no means a poor relation to the PS4S.

Unless your Golf will do constant track work, go with the Pilot Sport 4, you won’t be remotely disappointed

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Your golf ? I am sure they have received hundreds of those emails, and that's he only response they have as they made the choice to not produce the ps4s below 19", now if they are the same why do they sell them both .. PS4s is superior but we ca not have it, that's it .. 

Yes I was dealing with UK Technical Manager about my Evora 400 when it chewed a MPSS and then asked him about GTI fitment (225/45/18)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 1 year later...

Have the MPS4 (not 4s) since a week now to replace the Corsa's.  Car doesn't see track (as exhaust is a *bit* loud) so purely street driving.

A lot more comfort (yes) compared to the Corsa's.  Does like to oversteer a bit more at the rear, which might also be because the front gripping better than with the Corsa's thus carrying more speed in the corner.

Car seems a bit more bouncy, but will be testing various tyre pressures.  As Lotus has the MPS4 now as standard on the 350, they recommend 2.0 bar front - 2.2 bar rear.  Corsa was 2.2 - 2.6.

Got a cracking deal at 600 EURs (except a rim damaged when tyres were put on 😖)

For street driving: very very good tyre.  Does also sits "nicer" in the wheel wells.

Edited by Kristof Thys

A set of brand new Michelin PS4 was the best tyres I have driven on an (very) wet circuit so far, only about 10% slower than my best dry lap on Pirelli Tropheos. Also very good on dry roads.

Here's a video from Zandvoort in 2017. Car is a 2016 Exige Sport 350, absolutely stock in regards of performance parts.

https://youtu.be/6f51NQZw_0Y

Edited by Ulli

20 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Michelin being the tyre developed on the car, I would go Michelin ... Hard to tell if the other tyre will be uncomfortable or bouncy as our cars are lighter than a normal car .. 

Actually, this tire is not a Taylor made project. Only a take or leave 😉. I hope more development project will come in the future.