Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 20 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

11 minutes ago, Colin G said:

My dog is ten years old now, in the first six months I had him he racked up £3.5k in vets bills, if he'd have been a car I'd have taken him back or scrapped him. He's one of the family though!

Thats what I told my wife... we have invested in the meantime probably 5 times the "purchase price" in maintenance of the dog... economically not the best deal... but... she is part of the family ;-) ... and by the way sometimes the only one that is excited when I get home ;-) ... 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Our horses are more expensive than I care to admit.  They certainly lack for nothing.

It does help in justifying bits and pieces, but I've not managed to persuade the 5'1" of terror that is my other half that it justifies a 410, despite my best efforts...

... I know, MTFU.

It's times like this that I like the fact that my wife is allergic to anything larger than a hamster. £15 for a vet visit*, £15 I ask you :sofa:

*After which they always die, without exception.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

8 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

same goes for children... 1x child = 2 x Lotus!!

This means 2 x child = 4 x Lotus?!? ... wow... I should have learned that maths before... 

• Like 1

Grass and leaves is food for animals and animals is food for us. End of. Pets are just a fresh meal ready to be prepared and savoured.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

We've certainly drifted a bit off topic here, but while we're comparing senseless expenses I might ad a sailing boat. Better known as tearing up 100 Dollar bills in a cold shower.

Glad we sold ours last year.

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

2 days a horse makes you happy, the say you buy it and the day you sell it, I'm told!

As Thomas says's its the same with a boat...

they do say if it floats, flies or f***s its usually cheaper to hire!!

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Like 2

same goes for children... 1x child = 2 x Lotus!!

Read some time ago that some statistics institute had calculated that the cost of a child from pampers to college is, on average, 178.000€ (The title was "a son costs like a Ferrari"). I don't have children and I guess I've spent almost that amount of money on my two Evoras (including services, insurance, taxes and gas) so... I fit that stat!

Did a lot of country lane driving today. Several times when catching up to slower vehicles, yet still a safe distance behind I had the old 'indicate left, practically pull over, arm out window waving me on' routine. It's only ever seemed to happen to me when I've owned Evora's. When I had my 911 it often felt more like people would do whatever they could rather than let me pass. I think the sight of the 400 appearing in the rear view must just make people go "what the **** is that? I need to let it pass so I can get a look at it!".

Yes, I have the same "problem", maybe is the red colour!? They usually get out of the way so fast that I guess they get scared.

The 400 has also another nice feature: its back isn't a magnet for Minis (the new BMW not the real one) like the Carbon Gray S1 used to be (I was considering to replace the internal review mirror with a pic of the front of a Mini when I was owning it). Maybe it looks so more aggressive that they don't even pretend they can race it.

Edited by NeedForSpeed

• Gold FFM

Out and about filming today, putting some miles on the car ahead of its running in service. A few highlights

Pulled up to make some camera adjustments, guy comes out of the house to go to his car (parked behind me) and says "what a fantastic car, that is the nicest car I have EVER seen". Amazing compliment, considering he lives in a reasonably affluent Suffolk village that I know is regularly full of Ferraris, Astons etc..

Stopped off in my local town for a bite to eat, putting cameras away in boot. Notice group of about five or six young boys with father in tow, they walked past car. As I shut the boot lid, I saw three of them with mobile phones taking pictures. Not sure if I was more shocked at them taking photos or them having mobile phones at what looked like seven or eight years old.

Finally, after food came back to it to find a guy just staring at it, apparently his brother helps out with the Lotus European cup so I got a free life story on that one. Always nice to talk to people passionate about it though.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Why were you embarrassed! :)

I'd have wound down the window and got her to get in the jump seat!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Pics or it didn't happen :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

30 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Well, that's a first :o

Slow moving traffic and a car full of young ladies went past.  One decided to "flash her assets".  

this%20thread%20worthless%20without%20pi

• Like 2

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

6 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

I only have enough blood to run a single thinking organ at any one time.  Photo's were the last thing on my mind.

Sorry!

Time to invest in a dash cam for such situations then I think ?

• Like 2

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I was just outside Christchurch this morning and I had stopped at a light. Guy next to me in an R8 lowered his window and said he'd followed me and thought it was a Ferrari. He was disappointed when I told him it was a Lotus and he then challenged me to a race down the bypass!  I declined his kind offer as he clearly knew so little about cars and I have to avoid any more points to keep my licence. Shame as I'd have loved to see he face as I left him in my wake.

Hope everyone's enjoying the bank holiday weekend in England!

• Like 1