Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 28 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

• Gold FFM

After 6 years of Evora ownership I'm maybe too used to all the reactions it gets and take it for granted, including people letting you out of side roads and into merging traffic.  I had to smile earlier today as I watched a Porsche Cayenne try to filter into a slow-moving line of traffic, while no one opened up a gap to let him in ... not even the fellow Cayenne owner who actually closed up the gap to the car in front to prevent his twin from merging in!

Not even Porsche owners like Porsche owners. No surprise there.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to put the Evora back in the garage after returning from work yesterday and a random woman walks up and says - How do you decide which vehicle to take in the morning?

me: It depends on the weather.

she: So if the sun shines you have to decide between your motorbike and your lovely Ferrari.

me: It's a Lotus.....

she: Oh, it looks like a Ferrari.

Well, at least she didn't mistake it for a Porsche!!

• Like 1

I like to tell people it's not as common as a Ferrari. I doubt any of us bought just for the rarity value, and I still wish for the sake of Lotus that the Evora had sold better, but the rarity value is nice too. For every person who has recognised it as a Lotus I've had at least one assume it's a Lambo or Ferrari and at least one just ask "what is it?".

I wonder though if anybody with a Porsche has ever had it mistaken for anything else other than perhaps a vw? They've no idea what they're missing out on.

1 hour ago, Neal H said:

I was just about to put the Evora back in the garage after returning from work yesterday and a random woman walks up and says - How do you decide which vehicle to take in the morning?

me: It depends on the weather.

she: So if the sun shines you have to decide between your motorbike and your lovely Ferrari.

me: It's a Lotus.....

she: Oh, it looks like a Ferrari.

Well, at least she didn't mistake it for a Porsche!!

Good job you're not renovating the house. As she might have confused the skip outside for a Porsche and thought you were just a posh poseur with a fast bike, a Ferrari and a Porsche Convertible. Then she'd have just walked on by and tutted.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have had lots of people think the Evora is a Ferrari, its a mixed feeling in a way :)

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

I take it as a huge compliment. Sad they don't recognise the LOTUS name as much as the Fezza. But still, they recognise a great car when they see one.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I find kids that spot it from the rear tend to think it's a Ferrari (round headlights I guess) and from the front they think it's a Lamborghini (sharp/angular nose on the 400).

Had it a year next week and it still makes me smile, let alone everyone else

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Filling up with fuel on the weekend and a fellow drivers wanders over admiring the car.  He asks what Lotus it is, as he thought it wasn't an Elise. Upon explaining the model, he stated he had built a s3 Elan with his dad when young.  

Shows how little awareness there is around the Lotus range ☹️

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Try driving one in France - mouths dropping open, applause, thumbs up - really quite incredible.

I even had my picture taken 3 times when I was broken down with a self destructing Varta Blue last month.

I had an old chap in Morton-in-Marsh say 'I like your Ferrari' to which I replied 'Ferrari - it's a Lotus - it's British you know', 'Even better' he said

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:24, rallyesax said:

but also quite many jealous or misjudging you :blush:

You must be very perceptive to pick that up as you drive by ?

At least as it is a 400 you have Michelin tyres on so you can say you are helping the local economy!

My blue Elise s1 has always been well received particularly by kids, when I drive the z1 people look and when I drop the doors, so do the jaws! With a grey evora , I expect it will be more muted!

In general for any rare car, there are people who enjoy seeing them and it makes their day. I know I am when I get the chance to watch something special!

On 19/05/2017 at 15:03, PAR said:

At least as it is a 400 you have Michelin tyres on so you can say you are helping the local economy!

My blue Elise s1 has always been well received particularly by kids, when I drive the z1 people look and when I drop the doors, so do the jaws! With a grey evora , I expect it will be more muted!

In general for any rare car, there are people who enjoy seeing them and it makes their day. I know I am when I get the chance to watch something special!

Yes. Especialy as my job is: Test driver for Michelin :P.

But today was cool because it was my first trackday with the evora and people were just in love with the car :wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rallyesax said:

Yes. Especialy as my job is: Test driver for Michelin :P.

But today was cool because it was my first trackday with the evora and people were just in love with the car :wub:

I For real or kidding? :ermm:

i dropped this at the local Michelin dealership today - it's going back for analysis. I call it Michelin Calzone. :)

Ok - need to figure out why photobucket image links aren't working on here... <_<

Edited by mik

For real, this is my job.

How did that happen ??? While driving ???

I already saw that but only on mounting machines.

If it was during driving, you must have been running less than 0.5 bars (puncture ?) and have a massive load transfer affecting the sidewall.

I'll use your pictures for internal analysis and your feedback on how it happened is more than welcome.

58 minutes ago, rallyesax said:

For real, this is my job.

How did that happen ??? While driving ???

I already saw that but only on mounting machines.

If it was during driving, you must have been running less than 0.5 bars (puncture ?) and have a massive load transfer affecting the sidewall.

I'll use your pictures for internal analysis and your feedback on how it happened is more than welcome.

Awesome job :)

I was on a driver training day - details (including in-car video) are easiest provided by sending you to this thread .

Wheel might have been refurbishable, but I was nervous about internal cracks, so it will become a table or something.  New wheel (and MPSS) bought. Expensive day....

Cheers Rallye sax :)

Scotttish Elise's is login only @mik

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel