Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 31 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Had a neighbor approaching me recently: „you realize that the neighbor kids are „breaking“ into your garage to take pictures of your car?!?!? One even has a picture of your car as his WhatsApp Profile Photo“ ...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Evoras must be like esprits then - mine seems to be a magnet for twats in Citroen’s and pugeots with 1l engines....

I have the same, but mostly Bimmers.

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

Had a neighbor approaching me recently: „you realize that the neighbor kids are „breaking“ into your garage to take pictures of your car?!?!? One even has a picture of your car as his WhatsApp Profile Photo“ ...

That definitely needs more explanation   :o

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, howardm4 said:

I've seen you guys mention this before but what is the story w/ the 'white vans' in the UK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_man

It's kind of generic term for a commercial van-driver who is out to prove that he can get everywhere faster than the laws of relativity and physics would suggest...

Funny that. I espec ially liked Clarkson being able to do the zip up by going vertically. These days there would be some downward and horizontal action first.

Shame that road now has speed bumps all over it and is covered in graffiti from the cyclists.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On 11/30/2017 at 20:45, franjipane said:

Do people find others want to race you at lights or on slip roads? Ive had it a few times.  This week a Mercedes driver thought they'd have a go and drove so close behind me on a 50 mph road that I couldn't see his lights. Then on the ramp to the m25 he went for a bit of a race, I don't think his was a sub 5 second Merc but there's no way I'm gonna floor it from the lights when it's 1 degree outside and icy. He wasn't particularly fast anyway, just annoying.

What tickles me is pulling off as slowly and gently as possible when there's someone at the lights wanting to have a go, has floored it, left 2mm of tread behind and shortened the life of their drivetrain by 5000 miles.

Edited by Mister_Tad

• 4 months later...

Related story, but slight thread drift. Just after my son got his Cooper S (at 19 yo) we were coming home late one evening and he had a girl right up his chuff for a few miles so he sat there at the speed limit. We came to a set of lights near home with 2 lanes. He went to the inside, she went to the outside. I suggested that boot it in first and second to deliver the message then let her go, which he duly did, leaving her standing, but then taking foot off the gas. 

A mile down the road we passed her, pulled up and getting a bollocking from a policeman. Oh how we laughed.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

As ever - yesterday on the motorway - Audi Q5 penis mobile - right up my arse like a nurse on a prostate exam.

dickheads - why’s it always an audi

• Like 1

Only here once

Driving through town a white van coming the opposite way flashed his lights and flashed his lights.  A thick hairy forearm then poked out of the window followed by a hand signal - a big thumbs up!

5 hours ago, Beetleything said:

It's a German thing......they never got over it.....

But the owners are British. You mean somehow they feel inferior because they won the war and avoided the dreaded penalty shoot out in 1966?  :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

As ever - yesterday on the motorway - Audi Q5 penis mobile - right up my arse like a nurse on a prostate exam.

dickheads - why’s it always an audi

I just laughed my co.. off reading that!!! funny as foooooooook

andy

Sun was shining yesterday evening so I popped out for a little drive round the country roads.  I had a Lambo Aventador flash their lights at me!  :o  and also a guy in an Audi A5 estate flash and stick his had out and give me thumbs up!  :)

I was outside Bristol over Easter weekend, I rocked up to some traffic lights where a Porsche Cayman GTS was waiting in the lane next to me, just before I was stopped the lights changed and we moved off.   I was driving normally not fast at all but had the jump on the Cayman as I was still rolling when the lights changed.  The guy in the Cayman took this to mean that I was racing him and saw red and looked incredibly angry that I was in front of him.  He spun up his wheels and floored it, I let him disappear off into the distance  ...  

• Like 2

Currently in Oban for a few days, having travelled up from Worcestershire on Sunday.  Have to say any reaction we've had to the car has been positive. 

We bumped into a convoy of Porsche owners at the Abington services, on the M74 south of Glasgow.  Lots of complementary comments on the Evora.  Some tips on good roads too.  Around Oban we've had a few thumbs up and the odd photo from the local Barry Boys.  Even one of the local schoolboys commented that the car was 'alright' to his friends!

• 2 weeks later...

Recently driving home south of Sydney I found myself approaching a Tesla X 85 behemoth and as my cruise speed was 1 K faster than his I meandered on past and with that it started to follow me. and this continued for some time and as I turned off the free way there is a big left had sweeping turn, Interesting watching the body roll of a Tesla in the rear view as tired to keep up with out tumbling into the scenery. Next set of traffic lights with me next to him I thought this will be interesting and he did one of the only Tesla tricks they are capable of and accelerated very briskly of the lights into the distance, This is about the only thing they can do to try and impress people, only other thing is the rear gulling doors OK their clever .

I have only had the car 2 months and the positive comments I get from people never ceases to amaze me and a number have commented they much prefer this to my the Ferrari I had ( so does my pocket)

I took my 90 year old very sprightly dad for a drive and when he got home he said that the first time he felt nauseated in a car from the acceleration, the last time he felt like that was doing spins when he was learning to fly..

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 2

Nice story @au-yt. You should have stayed with the Tesla driver. Let him do that 3 times from the lights, each time pushing him a bit harder. Then see the look of sheer horror on his face when re realises he now only has only 5 miles of range left to get home!

On a serious note, this is part of the problem these days. So many people think that because they have a super fast acceleration they have a "real driving" experience. But those car on a track or a windy road and the owners are literally hanging on for their life as their cars rock, roll and understeer from corner to corner as they try to cope with the weight.

Had it the other day. A guy in an C/E63 AMG estate pulled out in front of me when I was in the 410.  He then booted it on a straight to get away (and I mean booted it up to well over 3 figures). I just laughed at him and ignored the invite and then laughed a little later as his car leaned, and rolled over very heavy braking as he tried to navigate to the twisties...

German car. Large over powered engine. Lots of computer intelligence to do it all for you. 

UK owner. Small underpowered brain that likes shiny bling things. Little intelligence that means the car has to do it all for them. 

Darwin would have called it evolution, if only we would let the thick bastards get on with it and kill themselves through their stupid driving,

Probably a bit harsh.  Nah.......

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Actually a Tesla can only do it a few times before the system overheats and goes into limp mode some thing that isn’t mentioned.

One of the main reason for me buying the 400 besides the way the car goes and makes you  feel is its simplicity,  passive suspension, minimal computers, basic A/C I bet the majority of people cannot use the tach in most new cars.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, au-yt said:

One of the main reason for me buying the 400 besides the way the car goes and makes you  feel is its simplicity,  passive suspension, minimal computers, basic A/C I bet the majority of people cannot use the tack in most new cars.

FTFY.

The small print.

So you all drive with traction control and engine management switched off (no computer aids)!

Air con is a joke in the Evora, it needs to be on the list of things to improve. Full climate control isn't that heavy or complicated these days.

I get your point about traction control, but compared to the other “hero” marques it is very simple and clever.

I come from an era where traction control was the responsibility of the driver, and my 85 Caterham is a great reminder.

The 400 A/C works quite well in Australia no complaints, as it “may” be revised version.