Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 10 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

7 minutes ago, Akajak said:

I think I saw Hangar 111 could do it

Anyone UK based with recommendations is what I’m after. I’m based in Edinburgh so it’s going to be a ball ache wherever I have to go to get it done. 

Just feel needs a bit of a kick in the mid range really and I’ve most likely just got used to the speed/power. I think it’s a pretty good upgrade for the cost pushing high 400’s bhp and within the limits of the transmission I hope. 

It is way overpowered in anything less than dry weather but in the dry and on track I would just like a bit more punch tbh. 

1 hour ago, Andy Norman said:

Looking into the KT upgrade for the 430 pretty seriously atm. I feel the car needs a bit more oomf and want it to stand out a bit with this and some other subtle mods.  Also think there is little point in waiting another 12 months in warranty. 

Does anyone know of anyone who has done this yet. 

Where do I get it completed, in Germany or will B&C do the conversion for KT?

Thanks in advance. 

H111 are the people you need to be speaking to. Dave is a terrific guy and really knows his stuff. They supply and fit the KT kit, which is the best way to upgrade the 410/430 cars since they are already charge cooled and so no benefit in the TVS1900 kit.

13 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Anyone UK based with recommendations is what I’m after. I’m based in Edinburgh so it’s going to be a ball ache wherever I have to go to get it done. 

Craig Moncrieff has done an Evora S to KT430 upgrade for @saj, i think it was around 18 months ago, but they have done it. Given his knowledge of all things Lotus I would be confident he could do the Exige upgrade for you and they are on your doorstep for the installation but also in case of any issues etc.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

23 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Just feel needs a bit of a kick in the mid range really and I’ve most likely just got used to the speed/power. I think it’s a pretty good upgrade for the cost pushing high 400’s bhp and within the limits of the transmission I hope. 

It is way overpowered in anything less than dry weather but in the dry and on track I would just like a bit more punch tbh. 

Would be interesting to see the results if you get it done because as you say the mid range is a little lacking. Not sure it’s great value as it’s the same price to upgrade the 410 but arguments either way I guess. 

The torque improvements are better than the Bhp increase and are the key to giving the cup more oomph.

Komotec seem convinced the gearbox can handle it and that seems conducive with the  majority of 460’s which run without a cooler and with the Cup 430 you have all the bells and whistles as standard 

Good Luck 

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Craig Moncrieff has done an Evora S to KT430 upgrade for @saj, i think it was around 18 months ago, but they have done it. Given his knowledge of all things Lotus I would be confident he could do the Exige upgrade for you and they are on your doorstep for the installation but also in case of any issues etc.

Craig Moncrieff?

• 2 weeks later...

What are the Knockhill lap times like with the 430?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ross Easson said:

Has anyone had problems with their alloy wheel centre caps falling off after being on track? I can only think the heat has done it...

No, I haven’t. Strange. 

• 1 month later...

I am aware of a couple of folks who have upgraded their Evoras to the Komotec 475 but has anyone had the EX475 done to their Exige or potentially thinking of doing so

Would be interested in some input 

19 hours ago, Tex said:

I am aware of a couple of folks who have upgraded their Evoras to the Komotec 475 but has anyone had the EX475 done to their Exige or potentially thinking of doing so

Would be interested in some input 

Some of the UK 3-11 guys have had it done.

I had a passenger ride in one at Bilster Berg and the owner was saying that the KT475 (from H111) along with geo had transformed the car to ‘what it should have been from the factory’.

They were very complementary about the revised power delivery.

Edited by Five50

On 14/09/2019 at 11:35, Five50 said:

Some of the UK 3-11 guys have had it done.

I had a passenger ride in one at Bilster Berg and the owner was saying that the KT475 (from H111) along with geo had transformed the car to ‘what it should have been from the factory’.

They were very complementary about the revised power delivery.

Yes , heard from someone who has had their Evora done and he was impressed with the extra torque the conversion gives and the ability to hold a higher gear . Not heard about the 3-11

Its the Exige conversion that I would like info on :

Is the car any noisier, is it much quicker against the clock and is it more driveable/smoother 

10 hours ago, Sebastian Ritter said:

Can tell you that the 460 Kit is already making a big difference in comparison to the standard car. Having a look on their facebook page, there will be a 490 kit soon. 

Yes seen a few 460 conversions based on the V6s and they are very rapid but the Cup 430 is also very fast as standard . The 475 is the Komotec option on the Cup 430 and Sport 410’s

Would be good to get information from someone who has either had a 430 Cup or the 410 Sport Done to gauge how different they are from standard 

12 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

I think at 490 your looking at engine internals..... 

What specifically engine internals would you look at, Mark? Crankshaft, bearings, Conrods, pistons, valves, springs, camshafts, anything else?