Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The only pewter I’ve seen 

ICIOnrI.jpg

but the one that got away was this one.

metallic white SR NA was less than £50k new and I hesitated and it went less than 24hrs later

xJzxkqV.jpg

My 2014 Sports Racer S.  Only Chrome Orange Evora made for UK in 2014.  Although the V5 says Sports Racer it was a factory special order with all the packs and plain black leather interior.

01E52820-9464-459E-B9AF-DA666B8E9EE1.jpeg

• Like 1

It has silver badges and the alcantara trim.  I have the Lotus certificate confirming the build details and how many of what Evoras from 2014 and 2015 there were.

So really the only distinguishing SR part is the interior trim, plus of course the certificate. I wonder if Lotus designated all 2014 onward Evora's as SR's?

Anyone know? 

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

So really the only distinguishing SR part is the interior trim, plus of course the certificate. 

Nope! The final run out specials had no Alcantara but full leather trim. In fact leather in places where the Alcantara trimmed cars had just plastic.

2014 S IPS in Daytona Blue with the Lotus titanium motorsports exhaust. 

(Apparently the care was originally used by Martin Donelley in his role as a Lotus Ambassador)

f*****g Iphone

7A43C6DD-978E-4C94-8184-2474A0976F32.jpeg

evora 20161226_121229220_iOS.jpg

I can't recall, Aimee did tell me but it didn't sink in as I was too excited at the thought of owing a Daytona Blue one :), it has twin tailpipes if that helps.  It does not have a valve, and is louder than regular ones.

Edit to add, I think its this one but could be wrong.:

LIGHTWEIGHT LEVEL 1 SPORTS EXHAUST STAINLESS STEEL

With Blue Tipped Titanium

4 hours ago, blueg33 said:

I can't recall, Aimee did tell me but it didn't sink in as I was too excited at the thought of owing a Daytona Blue one :), it has twin tailpipes if that helps.  It does not have a valve, and is louder than regular ones.

Edit to add, I think its this one but could be wrong.:

LIGHTWEIGHT LEVEL 1 SPORTS EXHAUST STAINLESS STEEL

With Blue Tipped Titanium

Thanks. That's the same as fitted to the GTE cars :)

I'm glad I have an ultra rare (1 of 1) MY12 Evora S the just pre-dates the SR and has a truly unique paint job :harhar:

Edited by tim_marra

I think Mr Bravo may have the most unique almost a sports racer, 1 of 1 a full year before Lotus released their version. Internally upgraded appearance as well as external paintwork. 

• Love 1

Sport Racer spec, Evora S, looks a nice car and at a good price with low mileage.    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-2-2/8732319

3 hours ago, Bruss said:

I think Mr Bravo may have the most unique almost a sports racer, 1 of 1 a full year before Lotus released their version. Internally upgraded appearance as well as external paintwork. 

So 'just' an S then :rtfm:

:huh:

5 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Sport Racer spec, Evora S, looks a nice car and at a good price with low mileage.    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-2-2/8732319

Hey??? 

That literally has no Sport Racer unique components at all. This thread has become a bit farcical. 

An Evora Sport Sport Racer is defined by the following:

Exterior - "Black Pack" (Roof, sills, mirrors, front lower bumper, rear diffuser and badges painted gloss black) and Gloss Black 19"/20" wheels (18"/19" for Chinese Market) and fog & reverse lamp surrounds with dealer fit Union flag on 'A' Panels 

Interior - Unique black Suedetex & Leather dash and door trims with Sport Premium Leather Seats in Black or Red. Black brightwork used on N/A as well as S plus the metal gear knob (which later became standard). 

All with Tech pack plus N/A came with Sports pack as standard. 

If your Evora didn't have any of these then it isn't a Sports Racer. Even if your V5 somehow states that, it is obviously a clerical error! I'm sure a temp simply copied a pasted a number of them to save time or possibly didn't understand the model. 

If you look back at the history of the spec, it was originally touted as the "Carbon Concept" by Mansory in 2010, then copied for a couple of cars by Alicia Keys and then Paul/Johnny's Evora in 2011 before becoming a special edition - "Sports Racer" in 2012/13.

This thread has indeed drifted...

Can we please keep it back on track as who 'who owns' a Sports Racer... with details/pictures as appropriate!

Bah hum bug lol!

Cheers,

Pete.