Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 hours ago, astirling said:

I’m part of the club. 2015 S, carbon grey/venom red. Just took my union flags off as they were faded and no longer looking the part! 

Drop dead gorgeous .... and exactly the car I'm looking for 😉

• Like 1

I’d have loved a carbon grey Evora, and I missed out on a 2015 MSG by one day :(

So when I saw my alpine white come up for sale at Central Lotus (the last S to be registered?) I was pretty keen to say the least.

Scotty, saw your photo and dashed out to check mine was still in my garage -- relief!  Marvellous photo and I'm thinking it may look so good because of the strict rectangularity of the Scottish architecture standing squarely behind it. (Yes, I'm sticking with rectangularity and squarely....)

Re prices mentioned above, I was recently speaking to an expert very well placed to know and he believes that for desirable S SR's (e.g. carbon grey, hurrah!) prices have about bottomed and the demand is such they could be on the turn.  (We were talking manuals, which seems historically to be the "Lotus norm" for the majority - I do notice a couple of ISPs on PH)  Certainly mine never hit a forecourt as I had a standing order in place.   A letter from the Lotus archivist tells me that a total of only 8 Evora S Sports Racer models in Carbon Grey were made. Perhaps some of the other 6 owners will put their hands up here. 

Edited by mdavies

I wanted a manual 'charged SR in either carbon or white : took 5months before an appropriate car appeared.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mdavies said:

Scotty, saw your photo and dashed out to check mine was still in my garage -- relief!  Marvellous photo and I'm thinking it may look so good because of the strict rectangularity of the Scottish architecture standing squarely behind it. (Yes, I'm sticking with rectangularity and squarely....)

Re prices mentioned above, I was recently speaking to an expert very well placed to know and he believes that for desirable S SR's (e.g. carbon grey, hurrah!) prices have about bottomed and the demand is such they could be on the turn.  (We were talking manuals, which seems historically to be the "Lotus norm" for the majority - I do notice a couple of ISPs on PH)  Certainly mine never hit a forecourt as I had a standing order in place.   A letter from the Lotus archivist tells me that a total of only 8 Evora S Sports Racer models in Carbon Grey were made. Perhaps some of the other 6 owners will put their hands up here. 

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it right now.

Indiana: Who?

Maj. Eaton: Top... men.

Paul, I might have misunderstood your comment, but in case it means what I think, I've doubled the landmines, and a plain S is being sprayed up now to leave as a decoy outside......

• Like 1

Thank you! Nope - suspension is standard. 

I’ve made a few small changes - black and silver badges all round, Alcantara trimmed steering wheel, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto head unit - but mechanically standard. 

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate. Definitely sits better on its rims than mine. Mine does have the 18/19 forged rims though, so the tyres are a bit smaller. Hoping to upgrade in the coming months. Def the best looking grey evora I have seen 👍🏼

Edited by DBG

4 hours ago, trcm said:

That seems strong money for an NA with average miles on it.

Actually, I reckon that is spot on. Pretty unique Evora. And £20k under the price of the 'replacement' 400!

The SR has it covered, Lotus 'ran out' the S1 in style! 😎