Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit factory active suspension development car - Page 6 - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit factory active suspension development car

Stuart Monument

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, that electrical thing under the bonnet looks something that resembles the gubbins of an Enigma machine :P  So hope that  the suspension system on this car is sorted out and made to function again :)

• Like 2

A

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Gulp https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/1980-lotus-esprit-essex-turbo-car-no-1--the-factory-active-car/8718590

Says it needs recommissioning so perhaps not?! Someone called Andrew selling unless its a dealer?

I wish the seller well but at that money I would expect the work to have been done - even with the cars history.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

Didn’t even try. Got a email from Brian Angus sayin he just changed the fuel, fuel lines and battery and fired straight up before the factory out it on display. I wanted to get the belt done and then do it. 

With two young children and a business everything is just being wasted on me I’m affraid. My Elise was used once last year , Europa three times and the other not at all.   So it was time for the active and the electric Evora to go. 

HI Stuart .Hope it goes to a good home  Yes I agree you can have too many cars .lots to maintain .Best wishes ....Mike.Also not enough hours in. The day .......

I really hope they sell and go to a good home.  Would be great to see the active car running again.   Just fabulous history.

I would have thought that Gaydon is probably the best and only place for this.   A bit of history but of limited appeal to most I would  have thought.

• 1 month later...

(thanks to the moderator who did the merge and sorry I missed the topic in the first place, actually I was almost sure I had seen a reference about this active suspension Esprit in the signature of someone here!)

@phil flash > this thread might be of some interest to you ;)