Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit factory active suspension development car - Page 5 - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit factory active suspension development car

Stuart Monument

Gordon,

Love your last photo, there is some long service there! Going left to right after Mike, Peter White - Cars machine shop, Gary Slattery - Aftersales, Adrian Howell - Cars machine shop, Brian Angus, and George Sharpe who worked for Brian, and also looked after the car I later bought while there was some budget.  

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Mikes retirement. There must have been some better pictures but that was the only one that I managed to get a hold of.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow !   This car just keeps getting better and better,  Not that owning an esprit is about an investment, but hell if that does not add a few sheckles to the price of this car nothing will.  Amazing car and amazing history.   This car has to be up there with the lotus S1 proto type of dream cars to own, :)

A

Thanks gents, I am very proud to own it, and preserve a important bit of Lotus history.

I just hope I am not getting ahead of myself with the dream of getting the suspension working correctly. With all the leads and contacts (a lot it them generated from this thread) then I am sure it will be possible. 

@Buddsy Brian has been kind enough to send me info about when he saved the car from the crusher but don't think he worked on it. Not sure about Colin.

I am currently working with @G_Reaper with the possibility of putting some info together for his book. 

• Like 2

It's the software that's going to be difficult, I think. Personally, I'd not bother with the old computer hardware...something like an Arduino ought to be well capable and easier to access and write code for....once you have the mechanics sorted. A magnificent project....once you have it working, perhaps you could sell aftermarket modification kits?(!)

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Thanks @Nifty that's nice to have. Didn't receive the PM. Any more info is always greatfully received.

@molemot will let the experts take care of the computer side of things as I have not a clue. If Lotus didn't get it into production then I think a simple Norfolk boy like me struggle to produce a kit ?

We're a long way down the technical tracks since then....the project is quite likely viable, these days.

• Like 2

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

I had the pleasure and the experience of viewing this car the other week and it is simply stunning. What a car, and knowing the current owner's, I have no doubt it will be done, and to the highest of standards if anything like the other cars in their possession.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Thanks @Nifty that's nice to have. Didn't receive the PM. Any more info is always greatfully received.

Oh .. what happened to that then :ermm:

I'll recompose and send again later this evening :thumbup:

• Like 1

Keep off the straight and narrow

I have now sent it again Stuart. It's quite long and I don't appear to have a sent items box so hope its got to you this time !

• Like 1

Keep off the straight and narrow