Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Central Lotus still have the last unregistered White S SR @£59,950.

Being touted as "The Last" but it already looks expensive compared to nearly 400s for 10% more.

will it sit there for a long time or will some rich person come along and buy it for his wife as it looks pretty without knowing it's now "old hat" :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The 50/50 is a powerful selling tool for Lotus for sure, we're seeing more and more new 400's bought (I'm assuming many on the deal) while people are bypassing the cheaper ex demo cars. In two years I'll be happy enough if mine is still worth £40k, which I think it probably will be plus more. I don't let it concern me, I'm just enjoying owning the best car I've ever bought.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Evo400 said:

It is pretty much a certainty that Evoras will have low depreciation given the low numbers.   All models (pre 400)  will drop a little more before then starting their upward trajectory. 

I have seen it with the S2 Exige and S1 Elise. 

The 400 however has alot more depreciation to go and maybe the S SRs aswell. 

It will be interesting to keep an eye on. The 400 prices will ultimately impact all other model prices. If they get within 5-8k of the sr that will be where other prices start to take a hit. I thought the SR would be at low 40's by now or even late 30's by is has stuck at 45+ for over a year and seems to have taken any hit it would have with the introduction of the 400.... For now!

I predict the early model, Series 1 cars, will not just hold their price but they will rise. Especially the very rare +0 models that are now seen to be the best models in the range due to their more focused interior, the ability to easily decline giving lifts to people who "want a go" in your car, and their more supercaresque layout (no back seats and mid engine mounting).

I further predict 2010 ardent red +0's with around 20k miles, barge boards and pink leather seats will be selling for £40k by the end of the year, about £8k ahead of similar +2's. The resurgence of interest, and corresponding fast rising prices in the earlier, superb, Esprit models - which we should note were all +0 cars - will further fuel the price inflation in the Evora +0 as older wealthy gentlemen buy a red or yellow Evora for their younger second or sometimes even third wife, (their +2 - the only +2 a man needs), to sit alongside and co-ordinate with their classic red or yellow Esprit in the new oak timber framed garage.

The futures bright, the future is a red or yellow +0 Evora...

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ermmmmm, step away from the crack pipe Andy :lol:

Nice thinking though. The future is bright, I think we can all agree, definitely not grey!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Lee, no need to be so jealous. I'm sure the +2 will have its day.... ;) But pah, they're just so common....

Seriousy, there are enough people on here talking down prices and Evora's in general (strange for an enthusiast site i know), this is my way of redressing the balance. Mark my words, the only is way is up!  

Give it 20 years, and the next generation of little "Barry's" will be hunting down Series 1 Evora's to restore - all those niggly problems will consume their lives and give them something to talk about on the next generation of forums or down the virtual pub with their mates.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

lol....I think the people talking them down are the people looking to get one......:ph34r:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Not on here they don't, people who've bought talk the prices down of the model they've not bought. Thoroughly strange behaviour in my humble point of view.

Anyway, I've reviewed the market and I am pleased to say the going rate for 2010 NA Ardent Red Evora's +0 with pink seats and barge boards is looking healthy at £42k now! ;) 

The small print.

oh good.....mines a 2011 and +2 so must be worth at least another £10k on yours......:lol:

Sorry Gareth, as around 90% of Evora's sold where +2's it's just not that special enough and so you'll be lucky to get £40k for it! 

The +0's are really special, just like their owners :ermm:

The small print.

Bibs.....

you sat in mine.......and drove it.....and took pictures of it....

its ded ded speshul

:lol:

• Gold FFM

The only single negative thing about Evora prices holding strong at £30k is that there isn't really a cheaper point of entry for people wanting a modern Lotus but who don't want an Elise/Exige. I'm not counting the Esprit because values of those ones have gone already.

The good news is that the prices staying firm means the cars will be looked after, low numbers mean cars with poor histories usually can't hide, and for those dipping their toe into the water the depreciation hit will be minimal.

The 400 will of course depreciate, it's a new car, but the level of depreciation is very slow, as an early Evora seems to be worth at least 50% of its new price after five years. The rarity of the model too means that people, for example, wanting an ardent red +0 will have to pay extra if they want to pry it away from Andy. But I'm sure a few extra 00s on the price would convince him.

In terms of a brand new, not-limited edition, not wait-for-two-year-sir car, I can't think of a safer place for the money. I thought Astons held their money well until I realised they cost about £40k more than I thought they did.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

My plus zero is going nowhere Jay, it's so rare and much nicer than the common +2's, oh, did i say that before?  Hmmm. Did I tell you it was the only Ardent Red NA +0 with barge boards and kissing pink seats, wait for it, in a Jezzer Clarkson voice..... "in, the world!........" - Oh dear, starting to sound like Jason with Dexter!  Hang on, where has Jason been these past few weeks? Did you know Jay he has the only matt black....................

The small print.

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Anyway, I've reviewed the market and I am pleased to say the going rate for 2010 NA Ardent Red Evora's +0 with pink seats and barge boards is looking healthy at £42k now! ;) 

That was 4 hours ago so it's probably worth £42.1k now :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Colin G said:

A super rare +0 though admittedly higher than most mileages you see, possibly a good chance of haggling a nice deal for someone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-60-Reg-Lotus-Evora-3-5-VVT-i-V6-2-0-2dr-TECH-SPORT-PACK-/322098066473?hash=item4afe8a7429:g:SZIAAOSwSclXK4PH

This was the first Evora I ever drove and THE Evora that made me decide to upgrade from my Europa S. It had about 67800 miles on it in March 2013 when it was for sale at JCT 600 (advertised on the net back then as a 10 plate). It drove very well. Screen price then was £25995. I see that it's not ventured far from Leeds.

First Evora Drive.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Sorry not got the link but a lovely looking S available at what seems a great price with JCT600 in Leeds.  Interior looks a bit rough but could just need a clean up perhaps (32,990)

Edited by ephancock77

Erm. Methinks some cash. As opposed to sheep, promises or drugs.

It's only Monday and a school night but that 2nd bottle of vino collapso is going down, er, rather well.....

• Like 1

The small print.