Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 264 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, TrevS said:

2010 Lotus Evora NA for sale on Autotrader. This car was at CCA Everyman auctions last year where it sold for £24k. I bid on the car but didn’t win. The bodywork was very good but car needed a service (which it appears it has now had) and new tyres. Also front bumper looks like it’s sagged and needs adjusting. They do look good in yellow.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402096407771

I was wondering if it was that one, the bumper gap looks improved from what I remember(although not perfect) I think the Auction was Oct/Nov I wonder why they are moving it on so quickly? Maybe some underlying issues?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Here is the auction listing from last year.
https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/2010-lotus-evora-recc31624-1-warwick-0923

The bumper was a slightly different shade of yellow when I viewed it at the auction. Thinking about it, it was also missing some of the lower meshes on the front bumper so definitely needed a few grand spending on it to bring it up to scratch.  

On 16/12/2023 at 11:34, TrevS said:

Another nice looking white Evora for sale. This one’s a 2014 sports racer NA manual. 45k miles, £35,500

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15997881?utm_campaign=contact%20seller%20program&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email

IMG_5093.webp

This one now sold  https://www.instagram.com/p/C3F5pJcIpdc/?igsh=cnYwa2l5bGpmbzF3

It does appear that the odd car is selling then.

Edited by TrevS

Not surprised that one has gone, lovely looking car and great price for a SR.  I was even considering changing my white NA for this one but just couldn't justify it.

The yellow one discussed above would really benefit from the black pack IMO as well as the obvious bumper work.

Think that it's the same as the car market on the whole, buyers are being so much more careful with every purchase and there are less casual sports car buyers now as finance and money become tighter. 

Therefore the special cars, low mileage and ridiculously cheap cars will always move on but you've got to wait a long time for the right buyer if you are hanging on for the right price. 

Looking at the classic Lotus car market it's pretty much ground to a halt. Early original Elite's (type 14) were going near 100k a couple of years ago and now se to be about 30-50k less than that. 

So many Emira on the market now too I think buyers with a bit more cash have a tough decision between high spec late Evora or a Emira so must be slowing down the market of both cars? 

It'll be interesting to see if prices stay lower when it gets warmer and interest rates start falling. 

• Like 1

I think Elan+2 and M100 Elan are two under priced and under rated cars just now. On the one hand I hope that changes, on the other, as I'd like to own both, I hope not, lol.

The Elan+2 is a design masterpiece in my eyes. Just lovely to look at.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 hours ago, jep said:

Not sure Elite type 14 market is a fair comparison to the market generally. I don't think any type 14 made £100k as a standard road car (no race history). Prices hovered towards £90k but soon softened to 70k or less. 

Type 14 suffers from not being competitive in any historic racing classes. They are tricky cars to own and long journeys are interesting. A 1960s Lotus is a much easier proposition, hence Elan 26 have hardened, as have Europa. 

I find that amazing. The Type 14 is an absolute iconic design and a match for anything produced elsewhere. Coupled with the Coventry Climax engine, racing pedigree and rarity, to me it should be a 6 figure car all day long. I would put them a full step above any road going Elan 26 or Europa. As for historic racing classes, they have been a farce for years, thanks to paid hot shoes in Touring Car team prepared A35s, A40s and Austin Westminsters. What’s tricky about ownership? Please note that this question comes from someone who’s first car was a Hillman Imp.

Agreed. I was just stating a reason for soft values on Type 14. 

They are hard work to own as I understand - and terribly noisy for a long trip. With the odd exception, folk don't drive them much. 

XK120 is much more usable (with a few mods), as are many other '50s cars. 

There's a reason why the Elan 26 is so good. 

Back on topic, Evora prices holding well all things considered. I'd love another. 

Justin 

• Like 2

Lotus have a pedigree in producing low weight per performance, high maintenance, edgy design and therefore reliability issues compared to their contemporaries. Owning an old one is always going to be challenging, they don't improve with age.

Modern Lotus are not much better unfortunately, even though they should be by now.

Disagree. Elise is very reliable, right out the box. S3 supremely so. S1 head gasket issue was a Rover mess up not Lotus, long since cured. 

Evora reliable especially 400 onwards. 

My Excel was superb, 11 years, 30,000+ miles. Not cheap to maintain but acceptable given age and never left me stranded.

Justin 

• Like 2

10 hours left on collecting cars for the grey sports racer and at £22k. I’m going to guess this one doesn’t hit reserve. https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2012-lotus-evora-s-1

Also there is a chap on Facebook group that has just bought a yellow gt410 sport, so that’s another Evora sold. I think it must be this car, looks stunning. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235403426396?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8c9C7k6mTIe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SNNSlO5pTTK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, TrevS said:

10 hours left on collecting cars for the grey sports racer and at £22k. I’m going to guess this one doesn’t hit reserve. https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2012-lotus-evora-s-1

Also there is a chap on Facebook group that has just bought a yellow gt410 sport, so that’s another Evora sold. I think it must be this car, looks stunning. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235403426396?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8c9C7k6mTIe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SNNSlO5pTTK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That yellow one is a lovely spec. Is that Gareth Jarvis you're talking about? I know he wanted to make the move from yellow s to 410.

That IPS car would be a bargain at that price. I'd not use an auction for an Evora, they never seem to get good prices as there isn't enough demand. 7.5% fee always makes the price seem a bit more realistic but where it is now that's a lot of car. 

22 hours ago, jep said:

Disagree. Elise is very reliable, right out the box. S3 supremely so. S1 head gasket issue was a Rover mess up not Lotus, long since cured. 

Evora reliable especially 400 onwards. 

My Excel was superb, 11 years, 30,000+ miles. Not cheap to maintain but acceptable given age and never left me stranded.

Justin 

Evora is at least top 2 most reliable sports cars I've owned and cars for that matter. It has its foibles linked to the low volume hand built nature but to date it's never broken down on me and all parts have been perishables apart from the window regulator that went a week after I bought it. 

• Like 2

On 14/02/2024 at 10:03, Bruss said:

Owning an old one is always going to be challenging, they don't improve with age.

I have to disagree with that as it seems, many, for example, the Esprits that are on the road now have been fettled with, and improved (such as electronic ignition), over the years to produce something that is probably far more reliable than it was from new.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Ashcroft said:

That yellow one is a lovely spec. Is that Gareth Jarvis you're talking about? I know he wanted to make the move from yellow s to gt410

Yes Gareth. He hasn’t said it’s that car but that it’s yellow gt410 so I’m assuming it must be that car.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, TrevS said:

Yeah, it didn't get to reserve, bidding was around 27k +BP. One of the comments in the Auction said it still had finance outstanding on it, so that might have affected it.

Unsold at 

Just now, Benny90210 said:

Yeah, it didn't get to reserve, bidding was around 27k +BP. One of the comments in the Auction said it still had finance outstanding on it, so that might have affected it.

Yeah I just watched it finish. £29587 including fees and unsold. 

Congrats to Gareth on purchasing his GT410. His yellow sports racer is now for sale for just under £44k at the same dealer. Looks lovely.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235434168891?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8c9C7k6mTIe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SNNSlO5pTTK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Love 1

On 15/02/2024 at 12:07, C8RKH said:

I have to disagree with that as it seems, many, for example, the Esprits that are on the road now have been fettled with, and improved (such as electronic ignition), over the years to produce something that is probably far more reliable than it was from new.

Thus making them non original.