Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 20 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Due to my new work contract I'll probably rarely get any use out of mine now, so may sell it as I'll only be home one weekend a month (zero point bringing it to London!). I would be fairly disappointed to only take £58k back out of it though, especially since it's now a rare non-creaky seat model! :lol:

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Colin G said:

Due to my new work contract I'll probably rarely get any use out of mine now, so may sell it as I'll only be home one weekend a month (zero point bringing it to London!). I would be fairly disappointed to only take £58k back out of it though, especially since it's now a rare non-creaky seat model! :lol:

I should prepare yourself for that less the dealer margin already discussed a few pages back in this thread.  So maybe £53k?

On 16/09/2016 at 18:33, Stuno1 said:

Also have to consider mileage, condition and manual or IPS. I think the colour of the silversrone one, dirty pics in the advert and fact it's an IPS all result in it hanging around. Ordinarily I would think it should sell easily for 43k.

I test-drove that one a couple of weeks back. Lovely car, I would have made them an offer if it was in one of the brighter colours.

Oh I'd be hopeful for low prices too if I was in the market for one bud, no worries there!

What you always need to remember though, is one car going to the market for £58k doesn't instantly see every other car being slashed to £58k. Not to offend anyone here that has one, but for me I find the silver my least favourite colour the 400 has been made in, so I wouldn't have bitten on a cheaper one when I bought mine regardless.

It will be interesting to see where the market settles on the 400 and as such the older models. Prices have been falling steadily but that can't last and as we all know the big hit in depreciation is always the first 2-3 years. 

4 hours ago, Colin G said:

2 hours ago, RudeDog said:

I should prepare yourself for that less the dealer margin already discussed a few pages back in this thread.  So maybe £53k?

It has now been confirmed in the other thread that the price IS £58+VAT, so just shy of £70k.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

It has now been confirmed in the other thread that the price IS £58+VAT, so just shy of £70k.

Which is probably too expensive by the same amount £58k was too cheap :D

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Colin G said:

for me I find the silver my least favourite colour the 400 has been made in

My first proper drive of a 400 was in B&C's demonstrator.... sig silver with the red alcantara... vile colour combo if you ask me. But weirdly the grey and red leather is extremely nice.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Oh, that "McLaren look-alike" ad... another lazy ad. Here are some highlights:

TAXED = They might pay for it, but technically no car can be sold with tax anymore 

Leather Trimmed Seat with Technical Fabric Inserts = No it's not, full leather by the pictures

Oval Exhaust Finisher = I know I'm OCD but that's a funny looking oval

19in/20in Alloy Wheels - 10 Spoke Silver = Darkest silver I've ever seen

Lightweight Rear Sport Diffuser = They make it sound like it's any option... it isn't

Height adjustable drivers seat = Err, no.

Body Coloured Bampers = Only in London do cars have Bampers

Black Leather Gear Lever Gaiter and Handbrake with Black Stitching = White stiching

Leather Timmed Seering Weel with Rcing line Idicator = Racing line indicator? God that could go very wrong

Lotus Tuned Hydraulically Assisted Steering = If this was a Japanese car that would be a thing, only they'd call it L-THAS or something like that

Oh and don't get me started on the fact they got all their numbers wrong.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, Inkyfingers said:

Personally, I wouldn't go near any dealer that would run that kind of advert with somebody else's barge pole.

If you look at the rest of their stock, they have an odd affinity for the word "Mega"

James Martin (JayEmm)

Yep, at £20k it's clearly a scam.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Yep, definitely looked like a scam to me; there was significant lack of detail in the advert and the selling price was too good to be true at £20k for a 23k miles motor with no mention of it being a repaired write-off. I reported it to Pistonheads on Friday night. Glad the ad has been removed.

Edited by EuropaSman
  • Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Well Silverstone dealership appeared to being doing well with the 400,  having sold 3 of them last week  :). Words obviously getting out how great the cars are !

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

That is good going then.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-3-5-v6-2-yellow-with-black-alcantara-trim/5164677

First Evora 400 under £60k? Admittedly it's the Snows demo 65 reg, so an early car which has had (imo) a hard life but interesting none the less.