Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 98 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 02/09/2019 at 12:49, 62dave said:

Gutted to see this for sale at 60k... that car is my dream spec Evora but I discounted it at 71k!.. too late now as I’ve bought a 2016 in white. I think 2 weeks into ownership might be a little too soon to talk about part ex’ing it in 😅

Probably cheaper to do that than modify your current one... 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:15, MadMick said:

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for that great info. Will contact Ian and see what he can shed light on for me.

Yes splitter was a nice addition, shame it's not there now.

M.

That car was for sale at Oakmere earlier this year for about £63k IIRC. It then pops up at Centurion a few months later at £71k with the ad saying 'be quick, won't be around for long at this price'. Now they have it down at £60k - hilarious - you gotta love used car dealers 🙂 Great colour but that rear wing isn't to my taste and the boot lid has been drilled so not simple to remove it. Hangar 111 and Komotec have a good reputation of course, but I do wonder about a heavily modified car which has been moved on by its second owner after only a few months. Hopefully just a change of plans rather than car trouble.

Edited by freefall_junkie

Hey don't try too hard to put me off ... unless of course you wanted it 😮

M.

edit: Still awaiting test drive ... they need to get a code to restart it after installing new battery!

Edited by MadMick

13 hours ago, MadMick said:

M.

edit: Still awaiting test drive ... they need to get a code to restart it after installing new battery!

Make sure you check the data print out and warranty status ......

I know someone who looked at this car and was put off by it having a harder life than he would have liked based on the data dump. Borderline over revs apparently.

Also I understand there is no warranty on the gearbox and drivetrain from Lotus and their AA warranty won’t cover a modded car engine

13 hours ago, MadMick said:

M.

And further to that last post new battery and code?

Hmmm code for what exactly ..... I haven’t heard of that had both and Evora and Exige and never had that after changing a battery. I wonder what code they are getting from whom?

Hi Raf,

Thanks for that. sounds like v useful info.

Make sure you check the data print out and warranty status ......

Apologies for lack of knowledge but how would I get a data printout?

Hmmm code for what exactly .

Not really sure ... said was completely dead after new battery. Maybe security setting or something. Said they cannot do it themselves and need authorised Lotus dealer to do it.??

M.

I would be concerned about any dealer that says you need a new code to start the car after a battery change. You don't.

The Radio may need a code, but the car will start and drive without a radio. 😑

If the car had been komotecced then a Lotus dealer is the last place you should take it for any engine related work. A komotec dealer is what you need.

Just been browsing on Pistonheads and there seem to be a lot of nearly new or low mileage GT410s which have sitting around at dealers for a long time. This rather lovely Daytona Blue one has been for sale for well over a year https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-gt410-exclusive-daytona-blue/8609311 Must be rather painful for the dealers and Lotus to have such a slow market. Perhaps a reflection of the £95k+ list price of a GT410 being pretty punchy to start with?

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

I would be concerned about any dealer that says you need a new code to start the car after a battery change. You don't.

The Radio may need a code, but the car will start and drive without a radio. 😑

If the car had been komotecced then a Lotus dealer is the last place you should take it for any engine related work. A komotec dealer is what you need.

Thanks Paul. Rapidly beginning to lose interest but let's see what transpires over next couple of days. There are others out there that may be worth consideration and with winter approaching I would expect potentially lower pricing.

M.

4 hours ago, MadMick said:

Hi Raf,

Thanks for that. sounds like v useful info.

Apologies for lack of knowledge but how would I get a data printout?

Not really sure ... said was completely dead after new battery. Maybe security setting or something. Said they cannot do it themselves and need authorised Lotus dealer to do it.??

M.

If you have the right kit / take to a dealer you can get a print out from the ecu that shows engine ours, max speed, fastest 0-60 times, max engine revs etc etc.

Similar to what you get from Porsche’s etc and really useful to assure yourself about the cars use.

The code thing still puzzles me as can only think it may be immobiliser. But had battery out of my Exige for 1 week whilst doing and ICE install and it started fine afterwards.

Quite tempted by the Hoffmans purple GT410 and might head over there this weekend.

Seems heavily discounted but a decent spec and only just over 1,000 miles so should be fairly fresh.

Anyone suggest otherwise or reasons to avoid?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Silverback said:

Quite tempted by the Hoffmans purple GT410 and might head over there this weekend.

Seems heavily discounted but a decent spec and only just over 1,000 miles so should be fairly fresh.

Thanks!

Great car in a stunning colour,  for me it’s a shame it’s sitting on 400 wheels 

5 hours ago, Silverback said:

Thanks!

Seen this car in the flesh. You won’t be disappointed as the colour combo works well (I believe it’s the Audi purple). It’s been with them for a while so I’d expect a further deal if buying. But imo it’s missing the GT430 alloys to complete the look. 

Edited by london_v

1 hour ago, Silverback said:

I did wonder about those...

Down to it being a 2 x2 and lotus saying at the time the light weight wheels could not support the additional weight of 2 extra passengers, but there where better options of wheels at the time but sadly this car missed out on them and now it looks like you can order a 2x2 with the wheels that the car should be fitted with the light weight wheels. Should it put you of the car 🤷‍♂️ It would me when spending that amount of money.

It’s on the 400 wheels because it’s a 2+2 no?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I guess the Evora 400 wheels were a no (or low) cost option vs a higher cost option for the GT430 wheels. To be fair I am not a big fan of the diamond cut look (especially on a dark colour car) and can probably live without a 2kg saving per corner. I *think* tyre sizes remain the same (although GT430 wheel seems slightly wider on the spec sheet)...more importantly it is on the Cup2 tyres that I want, so pretty happy in that respect.

Will go see it in the flesh and see how 'purple' it is! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CocoPops said:

It’s on the 400 wheels because it’s a 2+2 no?

Yes Lee you are correct. You cannot have the superlight wheels from factory with the +2.

The purple and yellow looks stunning and I see that a deposit has now been taken on it.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!