Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 104 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Anyone else noticed that the prices dealers are asking for GT410s seem to have taken a bit of a tumble recently? Several delivery mileage cars being advertised for £80k and a few very low mileage 2019 ones for the low £70s. I wonder if this is stock being cleared to make way for a new or refreshed model, or perhaps it is just the time of the year. A new GT410 at near £100k list looked very pricey; a nearly new one at nearer 70 is much more attractive 🙂 .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
25 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

I think £100k was JMG’s aspiration & reality is now kicking in.

However @ £75k I reckon they are a very good buy

I agree.

A little bit of me does wonder if some stock clearance is indeed going on - clear the stock, boost sales numbers under Geely and then pow new model....

Who knows but at £70-80k loaded they are a great buy.

Exige next to be shifted?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I saw one advertised with 50:50 in yhe last couple of weeks.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/approved-used/lotus-evora-400_yo65-chd

This has been around for a long time, wonder why it hasn't  sold? 

https://www.snows.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/10135192-lotus-evora-v6-sports-racer-4

The S1SR N/A is also  still for sale at snows for £37k 

9 hours ago, marcfair said:

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/approved-used/lotus-evora-400_yo65-chd

This has been around for a long time, wonder why it hasn't  sold? 

https://www.snows.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/10135192-lotus-evora-v6-sports-racer-4

The S1SR N/A is also  still for sale at snows for £37k 

The silver 400 at B&C does seem to have been on the market forever - surely a good deal to be done there for someone. Silver is not in these days and the red interior is perhaps a bit marmite which may explain it. Personally I like it - used to have an Exige in that combo.

On 25/10/2018 at 12:03, MattyB said:

The Ex-Top Gear, JayEmm featured and Swindon 420bhp Evora is for sale:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810241805055

discovered right now that this actual car was here in Italy for the design/production of the GT3 parts. it was with a blown engine, that's why it has been equipped with a new one

Looks a bit rough around the edges, front end is peppered (if you google the plate it looks like its done some european road tripping), airbag cover is lifted. That being said, MOT is nice and clean, so if the SH adds up, could be a good buy! I reckon you could grab that for £20k.

THANKS

zoomed in on pics also rear mesh on diffuser is away on both sides , dont know how long its been on sale but exhast tips are rusty .

also it has a cloth back seat so no lux pack i take it ,will it have sport pack etc  thank you in advance

2 hours ago, jps-1985 said:

THANKS

zoomed in on pics also rear mesh on diffuser is away on both sides , dont know how long its been on sale but exhast tips are rusty .

also it has a cloth back seat so no lux pack i take it ,will it have sport pack etc  thank you in advance

No centre armrest or extra leather on the 'transmission tunnel' and sill area so definitely no premium pack.

Drilled brakes and black callipers so it could have the sports pack, it's difficult to see if the button has the 'sport' text on it.

BCA , YOUR JOKING ARNT YOU , CHEAP !!!   IT WILL PROB FETCH 600-1000 OVER BOOK RETAIL . KNOWING BCA 

PSsorry for caps my keyboard is fubar .

mate of mine told me about a trade aston vantage today ....got me thinking , but ive allready got a quick (ish) cruiser lexus gs450H  SO WILL PROB STAY LOOKING FOR THE EVORA  .9goddamn keyboard) 

15 hours ago, MadMick said:

Feeling brave? Want a bargain ?? 2015 400

Take a look at this  May go cheap!

If I had not bought mine then I may well have had a go ... this time of year could be potential bargain to be had???

M.

Need a login - anyone got a screenshot?

@MattyB  Details from site .... easy enough to register

Registration number

Grade A1

SN65 BHX

First registered date 24/09/2015
Mileage 14,107 (Not warranted)
Fuel type Petrol
Transmission Manual Transmission
Colour GREY
MOT expiry date 23/09/2020
Grade 1
Number of doors 2
Equipment Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, CO2 Emissions - 225 g/km, DVSA Mileage - 12k 13k, Key(s) - 2, Last Srvc - 07/18 9k main dlr, Leather Trim, MOT Expiry - 23/09/2020, Navigation System, Parking Sensor(s), S Inf - 2k 5k 9k, Spare Key(s), Srvc Bk - 3 srvc 3 main dlr, V5 - 2 owners
Service history Yes
Service history date 02/07/2018

@jps-1985  Love your keyboard 😂  nearly as good as mine.

Sorry not been to an auction in years but thought would be a good option. Maybe worth a look if nearby and time on your hands just for the experience.

M.

a1.jpg

I've bought 3 cars from BCA auctions over the last 20 years and it is hit and miss as to whether you get a bargain if you don't know what you are looking at, you need to do your research. The three cars were bargains. Vauxhall Carlton in 1990 £2500. Ford Focus in 2006 £4600. Volvo V70 in 2014 £5800 (not my current V70).

Hi All,

Looking at used Evora 400's in the new year (present to myself). It would be great to get any views from the experts on this forum. These three seem to be the best bets so far.

1. Hendy - https://www.hendy.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/lotus-evora-evora-400-aetv37745108/

2. Bell & Colvill - https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/approved-used/lotus-evora-400_yo65-chd

3. Williams in Bristol - https://www.williamsautomobiles.com/current-stock/9976810-lotus-evora-400-2-2/

They are all around the same age (Sep 2015 to march 2016), mileage (13,000 to 16,000) and specification (leather, black pack, etc). Looks like they have the forged wheels. So the spec is near identical other than external and internal colors (and yes, red interior is a personal taste). 

Clearly they have been sitting on the forecourt a while. The Bell and Colvill & Williams ones have no increase in mileage since MOT's 10+ months ago). The Hendy one has 1500 miles in a year! 

So would love to hear your views on these three. Feel free to private message me if there is anything helpful you would prefer not to post on a public forum

Cheers

Simon

Personally, I would stick to a main Lotus franchise if buying from a retailer. I have not dealt with Hendy Lotus but the Hendy family have been around for years (1970s with Ford) and I assume are a good outfit.

Bell and Colvill should need no introduction. Oldest surviving Lotus franchise and they care. Free MOT for life on a car you buy from them. You will most likely get a comprehensive one year warranty but check this when you enquire. I got a full 1 year on my 2010 Evora in 2018, which had done 49,000 miles.

Unless the deal is irresistible elsewhere, I would stick with B&C if they have a car you like. They are expanding their service centre (new premises in Guildford) and now also service McLaren (official).

Good luck

Justin

Thanks Justin,

Good to hear about Bell and Colvill being well regarded. How were they on negotiations?  I did see their name mentioned a fair amount - always in a positive way. Also, they are the closest to me of the three.

I guess I'll have to go and have a look, see if the red interior works for me - before anything else. 

Simon

Big fan of the red leather interior in mine. It doesn't photo well but it's lovely in reality. 

• Like 1

Hendy bought Westover (Poole Lotus as it now seems to be known) earlier in the year. 

I only have experience of them pre- buyout but they are just a. n. other dealer chain. Nothing like B&C or Silverstone who go the extra mile. Interestingly Silverstone seemed to rate Howard's in Weston Super Mare as a good dealer. Same can't be said for Williams who I had my Evora serviced at and was pretty unimpressed - they are really Morgan dealers.

1 hour ago, gregs24 said:

Hendy bought Westover (Poole Lotus as it now seems to be known) earlier in the year. 

I only have experience of them pre- buyout but they are just a. n. other dealer chain. Nothing like B&C or Silverstone who go the extra mile. Interestingly Silverstone seemed to rate Howard's in Weston Super Mare as a good dealer. Same can't be said for Williams who I had my Evora serviced at and was pretty unimpressed - they are really Morgan dealers.

The dealer network does appear  a bit poor at the moment from my experience. If lotus are to sell more volume if cars in the near future surely they are looking into this. Big thumbs up to Silverstone and B &C 

3 hours ago, Ezzer said:

Hi All,

Looking at used Evora 400's in the new year (present to myself). It would be great to get any views from the experts on this forum. These three seem to be the best bets so far.

1. Hendy - https://www.hendy.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/lotus-evora-evora-400-aetv37745108/

2. Bell & Colvill - https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/approved-used/lotus-evora-400_yo65-chd

3. Williams in Bristol - https://www.williamsautomobiles.com/current-stock/9976810-lotus-evora-400-2-2/

They are all around the same age (Sep 2015 to march 2016), mileage (13,000 to 16,000) and specification (leather, black pack, etc). Looks like they have the forged wheels. So the spec is near identical other than external and internal colors (and yes, red interior is a personal taste). 

Clearly they have been sitting on the forecourt a while. The Bell and Colvill & Williams ones have no increase in mileage since MOT's 10+ months ago). The Hendy one has 1500 miles in a year! 

So would love to hear your views on these three. Feel free to private message me if there is anything helpful you would prefer not to post on a public forum

Cheers

Simon

Keep us posted on how you get on, I've been watching those cars as well but not in the  market at the moment. Must be a deal to be done at B & C  👍🏾

Edited by marcfair