Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 106 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 03/01/2020 at 21:48, fillpoke said:

Hi Folks,

I've been looking for an Evora for what seems like ages and this one has cropped up not too far away from me. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the car and could perhaps advise me. Also it's done quite a lot of miles. What do you think?

Thanks,

Dave

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-sports-racer-4-2013/10032381

Advert is a bit misleading, as Aspen White is definitely NOT pearlescent :detective:

• Confused 1

I was going to write a really snotty reply saying it bloody well IS pearlescent, but luckily a five minute search for “proof” showed I was wrong and it’s a metallic.

What can I say, it looks pearlescent to me!

• Like 1

On 03/01/2020 at 22:21, scotty435 said:

Sorry I don’t know anything about this particular car, but looks a great price for a sports racer and yes high on mileage but wouldn’t worry me seeing it’s had a clutch change, it’s a NA so cheaper on tax and insurance and in some people minds a better car than a S. Is 65k high mileage not in this day and age? People buy other high performance cars with similar mileage and they are not probably as reliable as a Lotus and cost a lot more to repair.

Mines on identical mileage and a 2012MY so an ever age of 8k a year, not high at all and it drives like new frankly! I also think the used examples will prove to be as robust as opposed to garage queens that don’t get the use. Think I saw one advertised the other day with only 4K on the clock (2014my I think) which is just nuts!!

There are 2 great looking Evora 400s out there that I am interested in/can afford. In particular I like the red one LJ16 AWZ. I understand from the dealer that it is an ex B&C car then 1 owner. Now on 26k miles with a full Lotus service history. Apart from a little lacquer problem on the lights it looks great.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for please?

Does anyone know the car?

TIA C

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I've had to sell my pride and joy - thought I'd post on here so that anyone looking that sees this come up, then I'm happy to take a questions on it.  It was and remains an epic car 🙂

It's an MY12 S IPS with the premium tech pack, reversing camera and parking sensors.  When sold it had carbon-fibre wraps to the roof, mirror, front splitter and access panel.  It also has a non-valved Tubular exhaust!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

My lovely silver/ grey 2016  evora 400 IPS for sale for £49,995 at Hollybrook Cars N.I.   03330066452. On Pistonheads/Autotrader. Probably the cheapest around. Good spec, brilliant car, had always been a fan of manual but found the IPS superb and great for real world driving. 

• Like 1

Hello all,

I am currently looking at the following Evora S Sports Racer for sale: https://paulmattysportscars.co.uk/lotus-evora-s-sports-racer-4-v6/

I had a chat with the dealer and went into lengths about the vehicle's history, previous owners and general ownership observations. There is only one problem that I can see with otherwise an immaculate well presented vehicle and that is the engine.

It has had an engine change 2000 miles ago, a brand new crate unit supplied and fitted by Lotus. The story goes something like this, at around 11k miles an EML light came on so the previous owner drove around for another day or two and then decided to take it to Lotus to diagnose. On the test drive the car decided to throw a rod and so a new engine was ordered and fitted. So in the grand scheme of things the car has only done 2k miles on this new unit and the dealer ensures me he has all the paperwork and invoicing to prove this.

Having never owned a Lotus before but done enough research on the Evora, I thought the Toyota power plant used in this model is very reliable in the grand scheme of things? If so how come it went pop so quickly?
As for previous owners, the car was owned by Lotus for almost 2 years and then sold to the owner that had the above done. The dealer took it as PX against an Elise, back in August 2019 and it has not sold since then. As for price there is definitely wiggle room but before I put my sales hat on I need to know I am not getting into a lemon... (yes yes it's yellow..)

Any info on the car, feedback on the above or tips in general would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Stoycho

I strongly suggest it is not a sports racer (it would have a black roof and sills etc) and it has a non standard S exhaust (twin pipes as opposed to pig snout) but I guess it could be a special order.

The interior is the Sports Premium interior which was standard on a SR, an extra cost option on the S.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just now, C8RKH said:

I strongly suggest it is not a sports racer (it would have a black roof and sills etc) and it has a non standard S exhaust (twin pipes as opposed to pig snout) but I guess it could be a special order.

The interior is the Sports Premium interior which was standard on a SR, an extra cost option on the S.

I was advised the black roof and sills were specifically ordered to be painted in body colour. Not sure about the exhaust piece, I will ask to get more clarification.

Interior is a very nice place indeed. Thank you for the information!

Yes, very nice interiors and some great touches and really are a nice place to be. As I said, could have been a special order.  Reliability wise they are usually top notch with serious engine problems definitely being a "rare" thing as opposed to normal.  Even in "S" form the engine is relatively unstressed and should be 

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just to add my 2p. It looks like an SR to me because...

Some SR's were spec'd without elements of the black pack eg roof, sills as above

It has the black badges on the rear

the premium sport interior has the alcantara inserts

SR's came 'fully loaded' at a price below a similarly spec'd regular car. Far cheaper to down spec an SR than up spec'ing a standard car :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tim_marra said:

Just to add my 2p. It looks like an SR to me because...

Some SR's were spec'd without elements of the black pack eg roof, sills as above

It has the black badges on the rear

the premium sport interior has the alcantara inserts

SR's came 'fully loaded' at a price below a similarly spec'd regular car. Far cheaper to down spec an SR than up spec'ing a standard car :)

Yeah I have no reason to believe it is not genuine but I will inspect closer when I go to see it. What do you think about the engine thing, is it something to run away from or is it a "positive" that it basically has a brand new engine?

You could delete the black pack on a sports racer not many ticked this box at the time of purchase this is the only the second SR with black pack delete the exhaust could be a sport exhaust some owners did spec there cars with one and yet again not many. The none SR Premium interior at the time came with leather instead of Alcanterra on all surfaces, so it definitely looks likes a sports racer to me and as for knowing anything about car the answer is sorry I do not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruss said:

If only you could send the chassis number to Lotus and get a report on its build?

Is this possible?
If so I can grab the chassis number today off the dealer.

1 hour ago, iiNNeX said:

Is this possible?
If so I can grab the chassis number today off the dealer.

If you have a photo of the car's VIN and the registration number you can apply to Lotus for a certificate of provenance and it will tell you exactly what model, options etc the car left the factory as.  Think it is about £60, or free if you signup here as a gold forum member (£100)

The small print.