Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 101 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet? But  a good NA is half the price of a 400 surly must be taken into consideration is it half the car that’s got to be a firm no.

• Like 2

The only Evora choice is the S or it's natural development the Gt 410/430.

You wouldn't want Lotus' customer development model the N/A, or the interim yoof version, the 400/410 now, would you?

:sofa:

• Haha 1

As everone is thinking their car is the best  for various reasons, and I have no objection to that, then I think I should plug my "new toy" too. Has everything, apart from new bumper style, ... looks, colour, power, nice interior ... need I go on?
😍 😍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

I beg to differ.

20190618_111302sm.jpg.24b9fd3dc2c08e7660ba7e7ad31c6f17.jpg

Hardly a standard "S" though. This is a different conversation and I should think price wise it's knocking on the door of a GT410.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

For what people paid for their Evoras and the time they have owned them - what do you think now is the value (in % terms of what you paid) against what you think it’s worth now?

I’m sure some models will obviously fare better than others here. 
Classics (some) will appreciate in value over a period of time but anything modern doesn’t really until it becomes rare enough. I am convinced saying that, that my Evora is the only modern car I’ve ever owned (not quite 5 years old) that bucks that trend (at this point in time) here and that I’ve had zero depreciation over the admittedly very small amount of time I’ve had it (just under a year)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

No such thing as zero depreciation on a new Lotus.

zero depreciation depends on the age of the car when you buy it.  Evora's are still depreciating but seem to be at the bottom of the curve now for older models.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Bruss said:

No such thing as zero depreciation on a new Lotus.

Really! Didn’t know that 🤣 Lol. - I’ve not mentioned the word new? I said modern.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I got my brand new 410 Sport fully laden with all options for £22k less than a new GT410. I can pay £5k for a new GT410 nose and bingo, £17k in the bank and still a better spec than a GT410.

I love the GT410 front end, I actually prefer the 400 rear end. I don't like the sad face body cut out - the carbon on the GT430 looks tge mutts.

The 410 nose has grown on me. Still like the S1's nose but sometimes it reminds me of a guppy fish or a trout, as in @Bruss picture above.

Personally, I'll take an Evora. Regardless of flavour.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

To step up to a new GT410 Sport from my NA I was quoted my car plus £10k + £800 a month for 4 years. That was far too steep a cost for the step in performance/car for me. 

It sure was pretty though! 

20181214_124417.jpg

Was that @Silverstone? Saw it and loved it....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Why the fook would I want DFS arm chairs in a lightweight, driver focused, weapon?

I was talking about upgrades to the car, not downgrades! :blobfire:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I bought mine second hand... I reckon I'd get c90% of what I paid for it if I put it up for sale now. Which I won't because (a) I really don't think now is the time to be selling anything that could be construed as a luxury and (b) I can't think of anything to replace it that I can actually afford 

• Like 1

Fully loaded minus the additional 18kg of dead weight for the armchairs.

I rest my case, my car had all the upgrades, none of the downgrades.

And, I bloody love my carbon buckets. So back off Bloaty McBloat face!  🤣

The small print.

I think most of us could do with losing 18kg elsewhere to be fair ;)

Now the seats I had in the Alpine would be perfect compromise. 

Do miss my Evora. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I agree, 18kg would be a good start for me!

The irony is people will have spent £5k on a titanium exhaust to save 10kg and then £3.5k on seats to put 18kg back in.

Personally, the carbon buckets are not an issue. I love them.

The used 410 Sports currently on the market are a bargain! Lotus worked enough magic to make it 3 seconds a lap faster around Hethel, which itself was faster than an S. Granted, a chunk of that would have been the switch to Cup 2 tyres.

The small print.

i will add this.. the  Na. with 3rd cat delete and factory sports exhaust just sounds epic inside the cabin at 3.5k onwards its fantastic just going through the sport gears  not in a rapid acceleration way just to get into the sound zone...

its quite intoxicating  you can do this without having to thrash the motor..with just day to day driving..  feathering the  throttle and letting the revs rise..   it really is a nice way to spend time...  is there abetter car out there value for  money than a loved n/a evora ... i doubt it...

• Like 1

100% agree. I added 2bular headers to my NA with the sports pack exhaust. Bloody lovely!

• Like 1

The small print.

5 hours ago, scotty435 said:

I have this fitted to my NA have to say for me it sounds epic.

E128A05D-9CBB-406A-AE82-5FAFA489A7B4.jpeg

Great. Thanks for the info re make etc...

The small print.