Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 131 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

54 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

I suspect that's right @C8RKHbut I've had this itch for years and I won't be able to move on until it's scratched. 

I think you'll be fine with it as long as you don't drive it as looking on Pistonheads, gosh, the prices are mileage sensitive :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm pretty sure @LF1 told me that his GT4 was even trailered for servicing before he bought it. I think initially they were being bought to flip hence the sensitivity but I'm sure Tom would have used his as intended. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Hopefully I'm allowed to post this...

I have decided to attempt to sell my 400 (advert is posted on the lotsucarsforsale site in fact😲). I've loved owning it and there will be tears if/when it departs as it is the car I would've bought new from the factory in 2016 if I could have but... as may be apparent from some historic posts of mine in other threads, I have wanted a Cayman GT4 for a long, long time and the man maths calculations put me in a spot where I can just about afford to buy one. I have many more pictures of the 400 and will likely be asking anyone who buys it for first refusal if they move it on! 

I would be interested to know how it goes if you get the GT4. I’m looking at either a 400 or a GT4 (toying with the idea of a new GTS as well) but I can’t decide between them!

GLWTS

Edited by Wake

I'm not (thinking of) buying one for investment purposes. It's a car. At 68kish it's just about affordable for me now (they've come down a lot from the ridiculous prices of 3 years ago) and I would fully intend to use it at least as much as the 400. Which, considering that I've only done 7,000 miles in the best part of three years, isn't a great deal!! I am not expecting the Evora to sell quickly actually, that doesn't bother me as I haven't found a cayman I want either - I may well change my mind in a week or so! Even if it does go I'm sure I'll be back to Lotus at some point in the future. 

(I actually bought a 20 year old Caterham a few months ago. @Gm77and @andyj007get the blame on that one)

@WakeI wouldn't put you off the 400. It's magic in so many ways, sounds great, steers amazingly, rides great, goes like shit off a shovel, looks great. I took mine to Snetterton earlier in the year, and it was superb. I've also driven a different 400 at Spa and, again, it was tremendous. Honestly, the amount of comments - all positive by the way - I've had is unreal. I do love mine. If I end up keeping it, that won't be a chore. It even fits my kids in the back! 

• Like 1

@Gashead1105 yeah I have driven a few cars in the last couple of months while searching for the next one, tried a 981 GTS, Alpine A110, the new Supra. The Alpine was by far my favourite until I drove a 400 which just ticked every box the Alpine did but also had the noise as well! 

I haven’t tried the GT4 yet, hoping to at some point in January!

Edited by Wake

From your list @Wake, I'd take the 400 every time. Just be aware, if you take it on track, the standard silencer is too loud for the UK noise limits. Although, in the case of my car it's also just too lovely to do the amount of trackdays I want to do next year, which explains the 20 Yr old Caterham. 

(Plus the passenger ride that Tom@LF1gave me round Spa in his racer has lived long in the memory!!) 

On 17/12/2020 at 11:28, Gashead1105 said:

Hopefully I'm allowed to post this...

I have decided to attempt to sell my 400 (advert is posted on the lotsucarsforsale site in fact😲). I've loved owning it and there will be tears if/when it departs as it is the car I would've bought new from the factory in 2016 if I could have but... as may be apparent from some historic posts of mine in other threads, I have wanted a Cayman GT4 for a long, long time and the man maths calculations put me in a spot where I can just about afford to buy one. I have many more pictures of the 400 and will likely be asking anyone who buys it for first refusal if they move it on! 

Just curious - have you actually driven a GT4?

Hi, new to the forum and hopefully soon a new Evora driver... does anyone know much about this car:

https://www.pjslotus.co.uk/lotus-evora

Ive had a test drive, really liked it, new clutch is great, the car seems in great condition, just a few minor niggles like the satnav doesn't work, which doesn't bother me too much... its being sold by pjs on behalf of a customer so doesn't come with any warranties but they vouched for it in terms of its condition.   We've agreed a price but I'm just a bit curious as to why it hasn't been bought yet as they've had it since the summer I think? Any info greatly appreciated...

Thanks, 

32 minutes ago, AdeMorton said:

Not much really... maybe I'm being paranoid!

Hi Ade, I'm just sending you a message, I viewed (and drove) the car last week and picked up on a few things, it might help you with your decision.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Even though sor can they refuse their statutory warranty

If you pay the dealer then you have bought the car from them have you not?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

IIRC, when I sold my Evora through Silverstone on SOR basis the fee they took included for them to provide the necessary warranty.

However, as I understand it, a car dealer is under no obligation to offer a warranty although a purchasers rights under consumer laws still prevail. The buyer’s contract of purchase is with the dealer if bought from them.

This is worth a read

https://www.unicominsurance.com/insurance-news/cars-sold-on-sale-or-return/

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So in theory - any evoras bought on this type of sale would have no cover for clutch, leaking boot or failed window motors and as such they couldn’t return within 30 days. As you should anticipate these failures 🤭28EA8419-6509-4CC2-97BB-4BAFBDF398FD.thumb.jpeg.f586e4ea34d4838c818684e5dfa3a10c.jpeg

Only here once

10 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

So in theory - any evoras bought on this type of sale would have no cover for clutch, leaking boot or failed window motors and as such they couldn’t return within 30 days. As you should anticipate these failures 🤭28EA8419-6509-4CC2-97BB-4BAFBDF398FD.thumb.jpeg.f586e4ea34d4838c818684e5dfa3a10c.jpeg

Think the following paragraph covers that

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

In cold hard reality cash - what does it really all boil down to.

dealer - you pay £3-6k more for a car. You may or may not get a decent warranty. This will NOT include a clutch - it just won’t. These cars really are not expensive to maintain and fix if anything does go wrong - more often than not they don’t.

• Like 1

Only here once

Bought mine from Bell and Colvill. 1 year warranty on everything inc clutch. At the time (2018), 8 year old car with 50,000 miles. 

I probably paid £2k more than you would privately. 

I have to say, I was very surprised to be offered such a comprehensive warranty on an 8 year old car. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Yes it’s a gamble on warranty. In my earlier years, you got a new car manufacturer’s warranty and that was it. The dealer would laugh in your face if you asked for a proper warranty on an 8 year old car. Nowadays it seems that customers want guarantees on even the oldest of cars and are prepared to pay for them. I can understand that too.