Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 155 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

In terms of Autotrader monitoring (part of my job) Hollybrook Sports cars also have one at a similar price of around £44-45000. However there are still only 2 Early NA's one Man and one IPS. TBH if I was the owner of the manual I would be upping my price a couple of thousand then letting them knock me a little. I think £28k is quite low compared to everything else out there. The IPS is only 1 year newer but a whopping £5000 more and then you are into the £36k and above for sport racers!

Its a lesson really in my trade, always monitor trends and adjust your pricing accordingly! 

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just to add to the NA vs. S discussion, 

I've been fortunate enough to try both.  I chose an S because I'm also fortunate that I have kept my MX5 on the side, and that's got the 'thrash it to get the most out of it' character.  The S is more of a contrast with this and gives a firm shove in the back, something I'd never had in a road car before.  The S still benefits from revs, but there's just less need for it.

Incidentally, the NA I tried was at 'Drift Limits' near Hemel. They'd dressed up an NA in 400 bumpers, much like their Audi R8 v8 with a 'v10' logo dashboard 😂

• Like 1

@Doug Ashley - I’ve got a session in that drift limits Evora at some point (spotted it as a cheap wowcher deal last year for 60 quid I think). Was it a good session? It’s so cheap that I’m not expecting much 

Edited by 62dave

8 hours ago, Messer said:

Oakmere have just listed a silver 400 2+2 at £44k

Does anyone know about this car?

8 hours ago, Messer said:

Oakmere have just listed a silver 400 2+2 at £44k

Cheap!!

Just now, Reindeer said:

Cheap!!

For a dealer sale......Thats what I would have said that car would go for privately!

Looks like a nice 400 2015 39000 miles at Oakmere. That's a very good price from a dealer. Slightly higher in the miles so probably that's why it's cheaper but still a nice car. What's your guys thoughts on these higher miles cars? It's probably been well serviced with those miles you would hope. 

People in the UK are just mileage sensitive, which is funny when you consistently hear about the older unused low mileage cars being generally the more troublesome.

So that's 40k miles in 6 years or 7.5k miles a year and is therefore viewed as "leggy". Nuts. Especially when they were made to run as a daily driver etc.

I guess some people prefer to polish it than use it.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I guess some people prefer to polish it than use it.

Especially true with esprits sadly 

Only here once

13 hours ago, 62dave said:

@Doug Ashley - I’ve got a session in that drift limits Evora at some point (spotted it as a cheap wowcher deal last year for 60 quid I think). Was it a good session? It’s so cheap that I’m not expecting much 

@62dave It was ok there, not the best/longest track at all, but with a couple of decent corners.  The general issue with these things is you don't get many laps, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  The instructor was very good, they want you to go for it and actually gave me some decent advice.

okay own up which bugger beat me to it!  

oakmere have just taken a deposit on it

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Especially true with esprits sadly 

With Esprits its different now. They are more an investment and less a daily driver. Yes they get driven but the values consistently go up well above inflation which adds another dimension and makes them appeal to more than just Lotus enthusiasts!

21 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

okay own up which bugger beat me to it!  

oakmere have just taken a deposit on it

Theres another with lower miles for similar money here, thought it is an IPS. Sure they will do a deal (even though this looks really cheap for a 400). Next cheapest is £53000.

See, this is what I mean about professional Motor Industry people not doing their research. This car could be £47000 and still cheapest out there by £6000!!!! It infuriates me when people just use the Trade Books (CAP) instead of doing proper research. I currently sell Peugeot 3008 and Kia Sportage at over £1000 ahead of where the book says they are because I do my research. Yet people still undersell them using a "Trade" price! 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202003098195327?model=EVORA&postcode=nr93nu&radius=1500&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-asc&make=LOTUS&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

18 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

With Esprits its different now. They are more an investment and less a daily driver. Yes they get driven but the values consistently go up well above inflation which adds another dimension and makes them appeal to more than just Lotus enthusiasts!

Theres another with lower miles for similar money here, thought it is an IPS. Sure they will do a deal (even though this looks really cheap for a 400). Next cheapest is £53000.

See, this is what I mean about professional Motor Industry people not doing their research. This car could be £47000 and still cheapest out there by £6000!!!! It infuriates me when people just use the Trade Books (CAP) instead of doing proper research. I currently sell Peugeot 3008 and Kia Sportage at over £1000 ahead of where the book says they are because I do my research. Yet people still undersell them using a "Trade" price! 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202003098195327?model=EVORA&postcode=nr93nu&radius=1500&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-asc&make=LOTUS&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

well they shouldn't be trying to keep the market artificially high.  There is one at Hendy for 53k.  Manual but is looking very expensive in comparison.  Granted it has on 25k Miles as opposed to 39 but 9K more expensive come on!

That's the problem with capitalism now.  People sell things for what they can get away with rather than a fair price.  Same happened when plastic was discovered.  Normal product became "Premium" and the plastic alternative slotted in at the old "Better product price" really pisses me off!

Rather than people selling for what they can get away with, better worded is people sell things for what they can get for it = it’s true value.

things will only sell if there is a buyer that is happy to pay that amount for it.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Not at all. It’s a free market. 
They are trying it on and will know it. Make a sensible offer and move onto the next if they don’t like it.

That’s exactly how I bought my Evora - if someone wants to cash out then there’s always a deal to be done.

Just now, LotusFella said:

Anyway no takers on my high price S then 🙄

Trouble with the S is the tax bracket - and the appeal of a 400 ..... it’s very tricky 

• Like 2

Only here once

1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

Not at all. It’s a free market. 
They are trying it on and will know it. Make a sensible offer and move onto the next if they don’t like it.

That’s exactly how I bought my Evora - if someone wants to cash out then there’s always a deal to be done.

Trouble with the S is the tax bracket - and the appeal of a 400 ..... it’s very tricky 

SHHHHHHHHHH!

• Haha 1

and nicer interior, arse, front, seats........ come to think of it why am I selling LOL

powwwwwwwwwweeerrr

I must have more power.  more power more power mumble mumble. It's a fine line between being a genius and lunacy

• Like 1