Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 23 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Where else do you get that level of performance and driving pleasure for that price?

To answer your question, there is quite a lot.

I'm going to end up buying another Porsche at this rate.

17 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I guess that's what the previous owner wanted people to think. He missed the MY12 gear knob though. 

You have still much to learn my friend, the gear knob didn't change for MY12. You're thinking of the SR change to the Exige/Elise knob which subsequently went across the board for MY13/14?

Looks like a enthusiast owned car, which I see as a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Sad isn't it, when porsches are that common that you have to settle for one. :lol:

Yes it is a bit.  My other option is to go for a Maserati GranTurismo S.  It offers a different type of performance and some exclusivity (other than in Surrey) but I already have a big engined heavy car for hammering down the motorways.  Not sure I really need a second car like that, hence why the Evora appeals so much.

2 hours ago, RudeDog said:

To answer your question, there is quite a lot.

I'm going to end up buying another Porsche at this rate.

I'll just end up ignoring you as drive past in it. They're so common it even makes seeing a Mondeo a special event these days. Enjoy!  :lol:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've been doing some digging around and there used to be a Wiki article on here with an Evora Buyer's Guide. I'm sort of in the market for one and am a bit flummoxed as to what exactly happened in 2012 - I've heard quality took a huge step up, but it would be nice if we had a place (sort of like Lotus Esprit World or Esprit Factfile) that provides yearly update info in a short and concise manner. Will I regret buying a Launch Edition or 2010 Evora (I'm quite keen on a particular 2010 which isn't for sale just yet)? 

Would be cool to have as a sticky... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I'd take a guess at a C63 AMG  :yes:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

@JAWS and @C8RKH

Thanks for the advice! 

I will be keeping an eye out. In Sweden Evora prices are plummeting (nobody buys them) - there's a brand new 2012 Evora NA with IPS that's been unsold for years going for 35 000 gbp (and I'm pretty sure they'll go lower.) , and an S Sport Racer IPS for 50 000 gbp with very low miles.

I've become a sucker for +2's though (cozy factor) and manual transmission so I'll be hunting those first and foremost (also heard the IPS takes like 1.5 seconds to change gear!!!! That's a small eternity!). Hoping to nab something at sub 30 000 GBP. 

My current attitude is: I own 2 Esprits. An Evora can't possibly throw me any curveballs after that experience? So Launch Edition, 2010, 2012 whatever - my impression is generally they're sorta the same. And fit and finish has GOT TO be a league above the Esprits, which I'm more than happy with to begin with. 

If the 2012 got updated shift cables I ought to be able to install them myself? As long as it's not like the linkage on the 400 which would necessitate drilling into the chassis on S1 Evoras to retrofit, I'm all good. 

Fair point, actually. 

Yeah that Wiki was surprisingly comprehensive. Maybe it should be a sticky? 

18 hours ago, JAWS said:

You have still much to learn my friend, the gear knob didn't change for MY12. You're thinking of the SR change to the Exige/Elise knob which subsequently went across the board for MY13/14

Hmmm, where's the smilie that I'm looking for? Ah, here it is: :geek:

But now that I've been educated properly, it would appear that he has missed the SR gear knob. :P

• Like 2

I'm all for supporting values, but £43,500!? For a 2+0 preMY12 car? Late registered 2013.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-s-4------------------2013/6470326

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I agree Lee, that's super strong money and about £7k over what I would expect to pay. Looks like the yellow one someone had advertised wrongly as an SR earlier this year was it? It's the stickers I think....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

A little steep perhaps, but at mid-30s I think it would be cheap for a very low mileage S.

These cars are rare as rocking horse poo and here we all know how good they are so I'm not sure why we're so keen to talk the prices down. If the series 1 cars are in demand then prices will rise and you won't find many that have done so few miles. I don't dispute the asking price is on the high side, just saying perhaps not as OTT as others here think.

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

I'm all for supporting values, but £43,500!? For a 2+0 preMY12 car? Late registered 2013.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-s-4------------------2013/6470326

Keep up, Lee. We were discussing this car last week:

;)

Ahh it's only appeared on ph tonight.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

30 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

A little steep perhaps, but at mid-30s I think it would be cheap for a very low mileage S.

These cars are rare as rocking horse poo and here we all know how good they are so I'm not sure why we're so keen to talk the prices down. If the series 1 cars are in demand then prices will rise and you won't find many that have done so few miles. I don't dispute the asking price is on the high side, just saying perhaps not as OTT as others here think.

There is an 'actual' SR currently on the market at £47k: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-S-Sports-Racer-4-V6-2-2-/112201204759

Therefore, the misrepresented MY11 car is wildly overpriced at £43.5/44k. I suspect that at that price it will do what it did last time it was on the market: hang around unsold for months. It's not a question of 'talking down prices'. It's more about being realistic of their actual values. If the yellow car was listed at £35-37k, it would probably sell within hours or days.

I think that SR is likely a bit steep too, but it'll depend if somebody wants an SR and is prepared to pay a little extra for one. If there's somebody out there who wants a yellow S without the plus 2 then they'll make an offer and it'll sell - there simply aren't many to choose from.

12 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Ah, missed that Lee - it was one of the Uber rare +0's hence the price premium. They're more rare than rocking horse shit were as the +2's are as common as dog shit on the street corner :rofl:

The small print.

Wow, you're slipping Andy, I started a timing watch from post to comment.... you're slow! :lol:

• Like 1