Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 34 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

The closest "like for like" I can find would be this SR versus this S  - not too different on spec, good colours, both private sales, £7250 difference (or 20% more). I guess the question is whether that extra feels worth it for 10k less on the clock and 2 years newer, when you're likely to lose most of the difference on depreciation over the couple of years - at least based on the closeness of price between 2009 and 2011 cars now. 

I think the SR is looking a little over priced to be honest as a model in general. In fact, was it not cheaper when it first came out? - just used google to answer my own question (  Introduced in December 2012[26], the Evora Sports Racer was introduced in an attempt to reinvigorate interest in the model by adding new detailing an effective £6,450-£7,150 price drop over an equivalent specification standard model. ).

As many people who like the SR black roof spec, there are many who don't and actually avoid buying the SR as they do not want the black roof etc.  Not all S1 owners have upgraded their pain to the SR scheme and the "plain" one colour cars seem to sell strongly.

So not sure why it is expected to command a huge premium to be honest?  We all know the Hethel 400's were a great deal new on price, will they be expected to sell for more than the more expensive standard cars when on the used market?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Appreciate what you are saying but the sr does have the full list of options and as such will always be the top spec and as such the top price used as it has done since it went on sale compared to s models. The next year will be interesting as the 400's will either find a sticking point or will continue to depreciate and impact other models. 

32 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

As many people who like the SR black roof spec, there are many who don't and actually avoid buying the SR as they do not want the black roof etc. 

What madness is this? :o

• Like 1

I can't say I am that bothered about valuations. I'm just enjoying driving my Evora and owning it. It's only ever going to be worth what someone is willing to pay for it anyway.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

As many people who like the SR black roof spec, there are many who don't and actually avoid buying the SR as they do not want the black roof etc.

Agreed! It's all down to personal preference

When I was looking I was never keen on the black roof combo, then I found an Essex Blue and Empire Green one at Silverstone done as limited editions, full SR spec and a minor bit beyond, and thought how great they looked in comparison. The rest is history B-)

Will it appeal less to some when the time comes to sell, I dunno and don't care, it's what appeals to me that counts (and, IMO, this is the way that everyone should think)

• Like 1

Personally i do consider re-sale when buying cars of significant value as it means the 'next' car will hopefully be more attainable if my current car is easier to sell and doesn't depreciate like a stone.  This is another reason I didn't want the 911. They depreciate 5%-10% every year for carrera s until late 20k.

SR's are so unreliable too when compared to the earlier MY2010 cars, and that's a warranty backed fact! Especially when they are red and +0 too!

• Like 1

The small print.

23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

We all know the Hethel 400's were a great deal new on price, will they be expected to sell for more than the more expensive standard cars when on the used market?

Yes :hrhr:. In reality they are just highly specced standard cars. The only unique part is the stripe, and most of them have been removed. I don't see that there will be a difference to a standard car come resale, but to spec one now would be c£80k and there are already second hand cars of similar spec advertised for more than I paid for mine new. One dealer even has a couple of unregistered ones that they have advertised for sale at over MRP.

17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

SR's are so unreliable too when compared to the earlier MY2010 cars, and that's a warranty backed fact! Especially when they are red and +0 too!

i thought most of you car WAS a SR these days :respect:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I know of a Hethel that could be bought for £70k if you bent the salesmans arm. For a high spec 400 that's a bargain, especially when other dealers are selling same spec cars for £80k

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 10/02/2017 at 11:29, Stuno1 said:

Appreciate what you are saying but the sr does have the full list of options and as such will always be the top spec and as such the top price used as it has done since it went on sale compared to s models. The next year will be interesting as the 400's will either find a sticking point or will continue to depreciate and impact other models. 

Me thinks you are a tad biased and a little focused on the resale value of your car. Just enjoy it.

3 hours ago, CocoPops said:

I know of a Hethel that could be bought for £70k if you bent the salesmans arm. For a high spec 400 that's a bargain, especially when other dealers are selling same spec cars for £80k

What colour @CocoPops?  The Hethel is a great package to be honest and I am surprised there are any left at all to be honest.

• Like 1

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, andycooper said:

Still on the hunt - anyone know anything about this supercharged car. Fairly sparse ad!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lotus-evora-3-5-v6-superchareged-/232245391681?hash=item3612e77141:g:7W4AAOSwTuJYqWdG

I did once hear of an Evora round that neck of the woods that was a development car. I don't know if this is the same car or not but it might explain why it's so cheap?

A MY12 Evora S goes for a lot more than £30K, so if you plan to pursuing this then please do this with caution. You only get what you pay for in this life. There's no such thing as a bargain!

@Bravo73 mentioned it in another thread.

Possibility it's a previous CAT C/D car, but without reg hard to be sure.

Also, the stripes seem dodgy, in one photo all door handles are yellow, but in another photo the door handle is black.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

38 minutes ago, andycooper said:

Still on the hunt - anyone know anything about this supercharged car. Fairly sparse ad!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lotus-evora-3-5-v6-superchareged-/232245391681?hash=item3612e77141:g:7W4AAOSwTuJYqWdG

Yep, here's the other thread:

I'm 99% convinced that they are the same car. So, in essence, the car has got a very dubious past and has been for sale by at least one seller with a dubious reputation. 

Personally, I'd avoid it like the plague. 

19 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Yep, here's the other thread:

I'm 99% convinced that they are the same car. So, in essence, the car has got a very dubious past and has been for sale by at least one seller with a dubious reputation. 

Personally, I'd avoid it like the plague. 

I've been a bit fanatical about market research.  I've attached the 400 development car below as I did indeed enquire about it and that ebay car below.  Different reg's.  From a quick google it looks like the liveried car is owned by an elise cup driver/outfit, so I think its worth a phone call at the very least even just to rule it out.  I'll agree the ad is pretty dire (as are the graphics!)

s-l1600.jpg

dev-evora.jpg

32 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

@Bravo73 mentioned it in another thread.

Possibility it's a previous CAT C/D car, but without reg hard to be sure.

Also, the stripes seem dodgy, in one photo all door handles are yellow, but in another photo the door handle is black.

Ah just seeing this now.  Will check out that old ebay ad

28 minutes ago, andycooper said:

I've been a bit fanatical about market research.  I've attached the 400 development car below as I did indeed enquire about it and that ebay car below.  Different reg's.  From a quick google it looks like the liveried car is owned by an elise cup driver/outfit, so I think its worth a phone call at the very least even just to rule it out.  I'll agree the ad is pretty dire (as are the graphics!)

Exactly. This 'SO Motorsports' car isn't the development mule. It is the (undeclared) CAT car:

I'm pretty sure that uklotuscentre is AKA TVRGlen. Try googling that name!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Exactly. This 'SO Motorsports' car isn't the development mule. It is the (undeclared) CAT car:

I'm pretty sure that uklotuscentre is AKA TVRGlen. Try googling that name!

Image result for im out dragons den

Thanks @Bravo73 - I'll end up with a good one yet!

Going to view this one on Saturday which despite the poor ad seems to have much better provenance.  

Edited by andycooper

Just now, Bravo73 said:

It's 'only' a 2+0 (and no supercharger). Is that an issue for you?

I'd love a S/C car but I think its out of my reach budget wise, or I'd be waiting for super cheap ones like the above and then not touch them with a barge pole!

Around £30k seems to be the price of a decent N/A car, and I think that white one has the CR box (going by CO2 sleuthing) which is attractive as I've only driven a launch edition car to date.  I was actually looking for an M135i, and accidentally came across the blue LE car locally (its been for sale since last June, PM if you want the reason I haven't bought it).  Once I drove it I just had to have one.  

Interesting you mention the 2+0.  Ideally I'd have a 2+2 for sure.  Then you read other posts on the forum here (I've been lurking) and the message is quite simple.  Get a nice one, buy on condition and just enjoy it.  Oh and it took me a minute to work out what the playground was :lol: (and I've still no idea why!)

Help much appreciated TIA