Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 41 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I have a Lotus Evora NA, manual C/R in white 2010 with 20k miles on and I'd be interested in selling that as I'm trying to get into an exige.

Wasn't sure whether to go the Sale or Return route with silverstone or not as its recently just had its big service their.

If anyones reading this looking for an evora who has an exige preferably IPS I'd be interested in a deal and cash your way for a decent example ??

IMG_9816.JPG

35 minutes ago, Alastair said:

So what's the opinion on colour regards popularity and value.

Any colours that stand head and shoulders above the others as ones to have or avoid?

I would say Red and Daytona Blue are the best colours (with black pack) then white.   Black, silver, grey, green are generally the least attractive and thus usually the ones that remain on sale for a long time (unless they are priced accordingly).  I had to settle for one of these colours but the price made up for it. 

Colour shouldn't be as big a deal in these days of car wrapping, but as ever colour is a personal preference and for me I like the sparkle of a good metallic finish and don't really go for the black-pack that some rave about.

Wrapping is £4k+ so colour is still definitely a big deal. 

Black pack hides the chunky side profile the car has and is a must for me.  It is why I would never buy black or grey as I would not be able to hide it.   Look how slim the white one above looks.  Transforms the car massively. 

• Like 1

FWIW, I was quoted £1500 to wrap an Evora. 

Regarding colour choice, it is purely subjective. Some buyers like bright, primary colours. Some prefer more subdued blacks and greys. Neither is right or wrong and neither choice seems to stop an Evora selling. 

Is the £1500 from an established wrapping company that are not likely to leave cut marks in the paint that will essentially mean a required respray when you come to remove it?  The established players are all quoting £4k+

46 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I have a Lotus Evora NA, manual C/R in white 2010 with 20k miles on and I'd be interested in selling that as I'm trying to get into an exige.

Wasn't sure whether to go the Sale or Return route with silverstone or not as its recently just had its big service their.

If anyones reading this looking for an evora who has an exige preferably IPS I'd be interested in a deal and cash your way for a decent example ??

IMG_9816.JPG

@Taylor, rather nice that. I'd cope with that I think ;)

Unfortunately I have neither the Exige (assuming you're after a V6), nor probably the basic ££ given the probable ticket price you've got in mind.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

19 minutes ago, Evo400 said:

Is the £1500 from an established wrapping company that are not likely to leave cut marks in the paint that will essentially mean a required respray when you come to remove it?  The established players are all quoting £4k+

http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/centres/norfolk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrRick said:

@Taylor, rather nice that. I'd cope with that I think ;)

Unfortunately I have neither the Exige (assuming you're after a V6), nor probably the basic ££ given the probable ticket price you've got in mind.

Yes I'm after a V6 Exige. I don't use the Evora for a daily drive as I have another vehicle for that. I purely only use it as a Sunday early morning pleasure drive!

I think the price range for Evora's like mine, in this condition with low mileage are exceeding the 30k mark. I'd be tempted over that figure as it'd give me cash to be hot on the market for a decent Exige.

1 hour ago, Evo400 said:

I would say Red and Daytona Blue are the best colours (with black pack) then white.   Black, silver, grey, green are generally the least attractive and thus usually the ones that remain on sale for a long time (unless they are priced accordingly).  I had to settle for one of these colours but the price made up for it. 

I can't say that I have ever seen an Evora hang around because of colour. Usually it is something else. As has been said, it is a very personal thing, and if we were all the same only one colour would be available.

There are also many people who don't like the black pack - it hides the lovely junction of the roof/wing/tailgate glass for a start and on the more grown up colours/metalics doesn't look right, IMHO. (BTW, our 3 other cars all have black roofs over either red or green, so I'm not adverse to it - just prefer the Evora without) This does seem to be a 50/50 thing. Also IMHO, with the possible exception of primer grey Pewter, Daytona Blue is the colour I like least, but that is just my opinion and I know others like it.

FYI, The most frequent comment I get on my car is what a stunning colour it is.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

colours is very personal choice, , i went and looked at a lovely grey evora with paprika @ B&C , and walked away, it was parked next to a silver 400  (out of my budget)  and i instantly liked this colour  more... so i decided to look for one... i took a lesser specced car for the colour that did it for me..

i dont really think about selling and or about what i think others will buy if i did decided to .. i have previously for sure, but spent more time thinking about this than actually enjoying the car at the time.. so i always choose exactly what i like myself... and what is desirable to me..

i may be a little different/odd thou as im argento nurburgring ferrari man rather than rosso corsa :)

which probably explains why volcanic orange / yellow and / toxic greens would be my least favourable choices...  that doesnt mean i dont think they are stunning, just that to me they are not my cup of tea...

re prices, i looked at a lovely condition 2010 elise r 25k miles  

http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/?p=1170

the price was 28k firm... it sold about 3 day after me looking too..

whilst a different type of cars, after looking at i  couldnt help but think think that the evora offered  more car/ performance & prestige for not a lot more money.. so i guess in my case the seriously  high prices asked & achieved of used elises and exiges kinda make the evoras terrific value... so perhaps are in some way helping to keep the prices up..?

Still looking for the right car...

From previous posts I understand a S maybe worth £5k premium over a NA of similar age and mileage. Do Sports Racers command a premium over "S" cars and if so how much?

Also what's average mileage for the need to do a clutch change?

Thanks for your help.

Sport Racers do command a premium but it's hard to say how much. Most of it is age related. (SRs were only available from MY12 but the S was introduced in 2010). 

Clutch life is dependent obviously on how it is treated. Aside from a rash of warranty replacements (due to a manufacturing oversight), some owners have seen their clutches last over 60k miles. Is there an 'average life'? Who knows, it's hard to say. However, try doing a search on here because it's a topic that has come up before. 

Sport Racers are the most desirable. They have the black pack as standard, all the trim options included, the best interior, the best looking Evora alloy wheels available and all the improvements of a MY12 car. 

A SR is worth £5k more than a non SR. 

As for S vs NA the premium should be £2k/£3k not £5k. 

the 99k milage evora that was up for sale a couple of months back had a clutch change at 75k... according to the service history file..

32 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

Not for me

Nor me. I don't like the newer seats with the fussy detailing and red piping. 

I was lucky enough to find an MY11 car with all the packs and the various mechanical MY12 improvements. Essentially, the same as an SR but with the original seats with suedetex inserts. 

Also, don't presume that all SRs have a supercharger. It was possible to spec an SR with an NA engine. 

• Like 1

Everyone is different... just like the cars.

I'm also a nonBlack pack person :lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

30 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Also, don't presume that all SRs have a supercharger. It was possible to spec an SR with an NA engine. 

Roughly 1/3 NA and 2/3 charged afaik

Dont tell me you folks that do not like the black pack or improved interior like black brake calipers and the ugly forged wheels?

All red Evoras in my opinion should have come with red brake calipers as standard whilst all other colours should have come with yellow brake calipers to match the Lotus badge.  Its like the early NAs got it all wrong and the SR /400/410 fixed everything.

Despite buying my car 1 week ago, I still do not have it because it is at the wrappers getting a black pack, black wheels and brake calipers painted.  I could not stand to look at it without these.

However as mentioned everyone has different taste. 

On 12/05/2017 at 16:42, Alastair said:

So what's the opinion on colour regards popularity and value.

Any colours that stand head and shoulders above the others as ones to have or avoid?

Like everyone else I'm biased but I got the impression that there are two groups of popular colours

- quiet ones that suit the car (white, darker greys, persian blue)

- noisy ones (red or laser blue for the slightly classier eye catching  option, oranges and yellows for as loud as possible)

Although everything has its fans, the pale blues, black and silvers seem a lot less popular and don't do much for the shape. Liquid/aquamarine blue in particular can hang around for longer. Green is divisive - my first choice was motorsport green but none were around, others wouldn't touch it. 

As others have said though, colour isn't as big a factor as spec and condition. Even on the cosmetic side, a non-black interior could be more of a differentiator than the exterior colour. On balance, I think I'd have been more willing to be flexible on the exterior of mine than the oyster leather.  

I have a red one. Found out Lotus made an Evora on the Wednesday. Test drove and bought it on the Saturday. Did no real research, did not even realise they did a 2+2 version or a SC version. Didn't think about the "packs" - it had leather seats, leather dash etc, central locking, air con. Anything else was just well, extra weight that could be added later.  I wanted cruise control (a lot of avg. speed camera's) and that was included in the deal at £250.  It was red. Looked like a million dollars. Drove like, well, just wow.  Just perfect.  The wishes and needs of the next owner did not even enter my tiny little mind. Resale value? Pah. Not a concern as I ain't probably gonna sell it (but it's still worth what I paid for it 2 years later! :) ).

Added double din satnav. Reversing camera. Changed to the MY12+ Sports Premium Interior. Added a 2bular manifold (wow!). Got the sides and front painted black (half SR look).

Have owned it and enjoyed it for over 2 years now. Smile every time the garage door opens.

I would love a Motorsport Green one with a venom red interior. I would hate to have a grey or a silver one.

The white really pops (especially Ice White).

Persian Blue, Essex Blue and Laser blue are just wow.

Black is a bit meh, to me.

Orange ones, kawasaki green ones, yellow ones, all look good to me.

I prefer a non black interior. Just sick and tired of the same old same old black/charcoal interiors. Just so bland and meh.

Good job we are all different as then the cars would be all black interiors and greys on the outside. Might as well buy an Audi in that case then have a lobotomy so the pain of shame will not be felt as bad.... :)

Just go and buy one if you don't have one and enjoy. Don't worry too much about the spec. You can make it what you want it to be. Life's too short to worry about the next owner. They're amazing. Just do it.

If you want same old same old. If residuals matter more than the ownership experience. Go buy a Cayman or a TT. Live life with no soul. Stay hidden with the masses. 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

45 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

. If residuals matter more than the ownership experience. Go buy a Cayman or a TT.  

Really - I don't think the residuals on those two cars are anywhere near the Evora. The only cars I have ever owned that have not lost money or even appreciated are Lotus's. Yes a few exotic Caymans will appreciate but not many. There are just too many of them about.