Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 48 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

That's something I intend to do, the black sills but that's as far as I will go with the black look.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

9 hours ago, Evo400 said:

No one interested in the low mileage silver NA on Autotrader for £28.9k? Negotiate a bit more and it looks like a good buy for someone. As for colour I wouldn't go black because of the inability to black pack it to make it look more like a Ferrari rather than a lardy Porsche.  Also I wouldn't go the wrapping route.  Doesn't look great close up on the edges and can also lead to future problems.  Had my NA black packed recently and that cost £600.  Whilst I went to a reputable place there are bits that are not perfect (maybe my expectations are too high). I therefore wouldn't want to wrap the the whole car.  I would suggest waiting for a colour that you would at least be ok with. 

I wonder if I black pack my Audi it would look more like a ferarri , why buy a car and want it to look like something else , surely just buy a kit car . The Evora is beautiful either with or without black pack , I'm surprised Evo400 you bought an s1 as they are sooo overpriced, and Lardy 

• Like 1

Ahh you bought an Elise shop 410 bootlid? Good fit? GRP or CF?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

So others do think it looks Lardy?  The black sills are a must.  Photoshop off the rear spoiler and the Evora has the same rear half curves (side profile) from the roof line as the Porsche.  

Had the sill not been designed the way it has to make a black pack work I would not be in an Evora.  I today would pay  £2k for a black pack wrap/paint job but will not spend £500 to fix my air con. Regarding price, I think any heavily depreciating product that has not depreciated the last 4 years is expensive.  Lucky for me I managed to buy at a level where 4 yrs of depreciation has indeed occured. 

In anycase, Im loving the NA and how mine looks currently.  Next step will be the 400/410 and then the performante/675lt/speciale equivalent. 

Edited by Evo400

No Evora looks lardy imo, just with the black sills it can look even more lithe and nimble than normal. Consider the black sills a kind of TARDIS effect, hiding how much space they have inside.  Seeing one in the 'flesh' without a black pack is still stunning, just awesome.  Without the black pack it doesn't look any wider than a Lamborghini or Ferrari. Modern Porsches are just not on my radar at all even the most exotic models look bland as they are all so similar and there are absolutely loads of them about. For me Porsches are no more special looking than BMW's or Audi's, there's just that many of them and they're all so similar these days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Evo400 said:

So others do think it looks Lardy?  The black sills are a must.  Photoshop off the rear spoiler and the Evora has the same rear half curves (side profile) from the roof line as the Porsche.  

Had the sill not been designed the way it has to make a black pack work I would not be in an Evora.  I today would pay  £2k for a black pack wrap/paint job but will not spend £500 to fix my air con. Regarding price, I think any heavily depreciating product that has not depreciated the last 4 years is expensive.  Lucky for me I managed to buy at a level where 4 yrs of depreciation has indeed occured. 

In anycase, Im loving the NA and how mine looks currently.  Next step will be the 400/410 and then the performante/675lt/speciale equivalent. 

I think your in the minority re the lardy stakes

I don't think they look lardy. Park it close to your mates Exige, and it may look a bit chubby - mainly cos the Exige is comparatively tiny. Inside and out.

Like many, I liked the looks when I first saw mag shots, but was "wow" when I first saw one in the flesh/metal/composite. You need to view to appreciate the curves imho. And considering it is a mid-mounted 2+2 I think the design does a rather good job of hiding the cabin length.

CFC0D3BB-2B65-4489-A300-3265CA507959_zps

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

They do look good in black and white.  In colour photo's too :ermm:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

11 hours ago, Evo400 said:

I think any heavily depreciating product that has not depreciated the last 4 years is expensive.

Isn't that a classic example of an oxymoron?

I actually can't work out if you're trying to wind us up or wind yourself up.

Glad you're enjoying your car but just because to my eyes the Evora does not look lardy it does not make me a prejudiced grandad fanboy!

We're all entitled to our opinion and we all look at things differently. Some might say Nigella Lawson was lardy whereas I'd just say curaceous and lovely.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

ah, so that's where you put me ;)

The small print.

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Isn't that a classic example of an oxymoron?

I actually can't work out if you're trying to wind us up or wind yourself up.

Glad you're enjoying your car but just because to my eyes the Evora does not look lardy it does not make me a prejudiced grandad fanboy!

We're all entitled to our opinion and we all look at things differently. Some might say Nigella Lawson was lardy whereas I'd just say curaceous and lovely.

Nope. Lovely in every way.  Never met anyone who disagreed.  (says he with a genuine signed photo of Nigella)

Spoke with Aimee (Silverstone) to assess demand for  Evoras at the momen and was told they are selling within a week and often within 24hours of being advertised!!!!! Madness.

• Like 1

Well done Neil :thumbsup:

only took a year and a bit? :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks Lee!  It was about this time last year I looked at your old car.  Wasn't that sure last year if it was the right thing to do, but a change of job and company car made it much more possible.  Pleased to say I have been able to keep the Esprit too which may had to have gone last year.

10 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Spoke with Aimee (Silverstone) to assess demand for  Evoras at the momen and was told they are selling within a week and often within 24hours of being advertised!!!!! Madness.

Yep, I had the same response from Amiee with regards to them selling for asking price within days. I'm happy to have sold mine to a forum member above ?. Very sad to see it go but I'm looking to get into an Elise now to hone my racing skills to do the Lotus Cup ?

• Like 2

Ahhh Taylor > Nelly.

Makes sense, I knows Neil said he preferred a white one like his Esprit.