Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 51 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

@C8RKH 

1) By Friday, I sincerely hope you mean tomorrow..... :o

2) Can you rally get fuel for £1.12 a Gallon, down here it costs that a litre :P 

3) I generally used 2 tanks per IOM trip (whilst on the Island), but it's a bit more expensive out there, probably +10p a litre.

4) Don't worry about the cost of the wine, but it is nice when you get an unexpected extra glass out of the bottle :)

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

You bloody had me there with (1) - my pants needed changing!  

A gallon. A litre. Who cares. It's just food for the engine and when the engine needs feeding it gets fed.  I honestly can say never once in my ownership of the Evora have I realy given MPG any thought. But then i do just pick up the key and get in it really with nowhere I have to go, by anytime. It's just roll down the drive and then go where the roads take me.

Have I mentioned how much i love my Evora?  :wub:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, plenty said:

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

Must be worth more than that? It is the very rare Turbo version after all :lol:

Not a bad price for a 'higher than average mileage' NA. Good spec and good colour. Can't see it hanging around for long. 

Oh, and it's got a CR 'box. 

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Mine is going to Silverstone next Friday for  SOR. If any one would like info on it just let me know. 

What are you going for next Stu?

22 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

What are you going for next Stu?

A house ?

Sadly i need some of the cash in the car to get is on the ladder. If my wife had been more patient I would not be selling it! I will be without a toy car for a year I think. It's tough moving from an Evora as everything that is the 'next step' is so expensive!

ill probably end up in a a45 amg or something like that for a year or two as it can take my daughter and do long weekends than maybe back to another Evora? Not sure. Will be 2 seats after the next car. 

To be honest it's a stretch doing trips 3 up now with my 4 year old as my wife is 5,7" so it's getting less use as well.

ill be listing my lotus car cover on better next week or so once the car is gone.

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I reckon that you shouldn't have much trouble at all selling that one at that price.

That would be super - and sad at the same time as I'm having a whole heart/head struggle ?

The dealers all seem a little nervous about taking on a matt black car, even the lush famous Dexter ?

16 minutes ago, snoboardr said:

The dealers all seem a little nervous about taking on a matt black car, even the lush famous Dexter ?

I think it was Bell & Colvill who had a matt black car listed for a couple of years. It's no longer listed so I guess that they have sold it at last. 

Good luck with your sale. Are you replacing it with anything?

51 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Are you replacing it with anything?

Well I've just bought a lovely little Seat Mii called Deb ? She's a lot of fun to drive, particularly when trying to overtake anything at all. Or wanting to go uphill on a motorway.

10 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Will be 2 seats after the next car. 

To be honest it's a stretch doing trips 3 up now with my 4 year old as my wife is 5,7" so it's getting less use as well.

Should have just gone for the +0 from the start instead of pretending you were buying something practical.

Good luck with the next car matey. Willing to put a fiver on either a Gayman or a 4C.

2 hours ago, snoboardr said:

Fairwell, sexy Dex. :(

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/unique-matt-black-evora-s-3-5-v6-22/

PS: Yeah of course I'll accept offers a quid or two less, so long as you look like the sort who will love and care for my Dexter in his new life.

IMG_6639.JPG

Hi Jason. Long time no hear from you. Hope you are well mate.

Saw Dexter up on the ramps at Craigs when my Scarlett was in before her epic IoM trip. Dexter looked fantastic.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Saw Dexter up on the ramps at Craigs when my Scarlett was in before her epic IoM trip. Dexter looked fantastic.

Thanks, yep he's really awesome still, paintwork doing well and kept up to standard with a 5-6 monthly visit to Paul Wilkins in Glenrothes then cleaned regularly in-between. He's in great condition!

He was at Craig's while I was down in London for a week - having his 54,000 miles service (tho actual mileage is 47,300 right now; he's always been a few thousand ahead as had his 9k one done when I got him at 3k on the clock) and new front brake discs and pads.

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Sorry to see you leave the fold Jason. It's a great spec and you've got it keenly priced so I reckon that won't hang about, good luck:thumbup:

I do hope to be back after not too long - assuming Dex sells and I do actually leave! Whatever I get next in the sports/supercar world will be Lotus and will be matt black again if at all possible ?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Just watch out for the repair bills on endfloat in them engines.

far nicer car imho than a 911 - but still sh@t

• Like 2

Only here once

58 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You'll get the Gayman. Be underwhelmed by the dull dynamics. Be pissed that you are now invisible in your shiny sports car. 

This ^^^^^^ 100 times over.

I test drove the Cayman & F Type before realising that only the Evora gave me the driving satisfaction that I required.

FWIW, the Cayman came 3rd out of the 3 by a long way. If I didn't have the Evora it would be an F Type

I already have reservations about the Cayman. Mainly those mentioned.l above in terms of it not feeling or looking special. I know the exige will be a no go but will test one when the time comes. I'll then jump back in an Evora and probably buy another! 

I have loved mine and I still don't think any other car offers the total experience of the Evora in terms of driving experience, looks,  practicality, comfort and just making you feel good. 

I just need to test the Cayman to be sure it's the wrong car really. 

As always depends what you want from a car.  Being invisible behind the wheel not an issue personally (and is an advantage in some situations) as I don't drive to attract attention.  F Type is a lovely object but too lardy and too GT, not enough sports.  The beauty of the Evora is that it does sports and GT equally well, as does the Cayman.  Cayman definitely lacks the X factor of the Evora but overall a very competent package.  The Gen 2 DFI cars don’t suffer from the IMS issues.   And on the plus side, you can actually obtain parts for them.

Edited by plenty

Wouldn't touch a Porsche without an OPC warranty. Friends new 981 Gayman had new engine within 1k miles.  Do a search for bore scoring too. 

I actually prefer the Coxster  to the  Gayman. Both great cars to drive, but still bought an Evora the 2 times I changed cars. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501