Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 74 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I'd say that was cheap too.  Someone should look to snap that up.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Very sad day indeed, I’ve now had to face reality and finally succumb to a medical problem and very reluctantly put my beloved Evora up for sale .:(

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-S-U136/

All due to the DVLA‘s inflexible approach on cancelling driving licences on medical grounds. An approach which has not changed for many years and certainly has not kept up with advances in modern targeted therapy. Looking as though it could be over a year before I get any joy from them :angry:

• Sad 3

Thanks Paul.

It’s going to be a long battle (12 months+) with a totally out of date and inflexible organisation, hence the decision to sell.

Looks like no more Ledenon days for me:(

Thanks Bibs, DVLA are no more than an outdated computer system. They blame the medical profession but, as my consultant said to me “the DVLA, to learn anything, first of all need to learn to listen and adapt”

An organisation of intrenched burocrats :wallbash:

• Gold FFM

I’m actually in the market for an Evora right now and I’m slightly gutted it’s just out of reach re my budget. Yours is a beauty.

I saw it for sale looking at the ads this week. Really sorry to hear why you are selling Paul. Is there no way you can sorn it, stick it on charge and just put a cover over it? 12 months will fly by.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Every possibility has crossed my mind, including putting it in professional storage for a while so I don’t have to keep tearing at the heart strings by knowing that it’s just in the garage outside.

Unfortunately, there becomes a time when facing up to the realities of some of the challenges that life can suddenly drop on you is probably a less frustrating and practical way forward.

2 hours ago, mayesprit said:

I’m actually in the market for an Evora right now and I’m slightly gutted it’s just out of reach re my budget. Yours is a beauty.

My Evora is also sadly heading up to Lotus Silverstone as well. Various reasons - not to do with the car, mean it will not get used for two years, so rather than leaving it holed up somewhere it is up for sale. It isn't advertised yet, but if a Black MY12 Evora S IPS tickles your fancy it will be at Lotus Silverstone from Saturday. More than happy to answer any questions about it if you want.

Edited by gregs24

• Gold FFM

Thanks for details. I guess it’s a personal taist thing but I’m looking for bright Color Evora that shows up the black pack. There seems to be 5-6 black or dark Evoras out there at the mo - so it is a popular choice.

Good luck selling 👍

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

@mayesprit Leven have a beautiful Ardent Red SR for sale right now.  It's a cracking car and a wonderful colour..  

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I totally agree. Stunning and low mileage Sports Racer. It’s slightly over my budget. I’m at 41/42k max really. Sounds petty but I’ve set my budget. 

@mayesprit make them an offer, not sure when any other SR with 3.5k miles will ever come back on the market. It's dead time nor for sports cars, must be a deal to be done lol....

• Like 1

The small print.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@mayesprit make them an offer, not sure when any other SR with 3.5k miles will ever come back on the market. It's dead time nor for sports cars, must be a deal to be done lol....

Hmmm. I wanted to buy their Ardent Red GT410 when they first got it in, but they said no.  Then it was £96k list, now they are trying to sell it for £84k. i just don't get "dealers" sometimes.  Oh well, at least you tried, good luck with the search.

• Like 1

The small print.

58 minutes ago, mik said:

This car is also shortly available for private sale up here.... 2015 car with 31k miles. Still just outside your budget at £45k. Not yet advertised properly.

Fantastic colour.... 😎

44096086320_1a0807a2a3_b.jpg

As mentioned I was about to advertise properly this week at around £45k but open to offers.  More details here:

https://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44167

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Can you negotiate on the finance option instead, and own the car outright in a couple of years?

I could easily but I hate finance even if its only for a couple of grand. Im also not struck on not actually owning it.

Easyest way is buy the best I can afford.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Ledlights said:

Have you seen the white one in Peterborough or the yellow one in Northampton (you probably have)? Both look doable for your budget and v nice...

Yes. Both are within budget. The white one I prefer the look of colour wise but more expensive on the running costs - an S with the higher HP. The Yellow one is perfect but slightly undecided on the ‘marmite’ solar yellow colour - (waiting to hear back from an email from them)