Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hoons, Meets and Convoys to Hotels - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hoons, Meets and Convoys to Hotels

Another Topic for your delectation.

Please use this to let people know when and where you will be coming from! Theres nothing like a line of Lotus's to get people staring waving and for that warm fuzzy feeling of the drivers involved!

THIS IS NOT FOR DRIVING TO THE EVENT, this is for the Friday trip down to the hotels and also for when you intend to go back (Sunday especially).

My suggestion is to put down  where you are coming from, intended times and also stop overs where you could meet people coming from other places.

So, for example, I know Bibs will be coming up from Kent and we have our European friends coming over on the tunnel, going past his door.

As they drive up the M11, they could meet people at Stanstead services who have come the other way round the M25 etc etc.

I will start it as I would love a hoon on the Friday and (like at the 60th) will drive down to meet people only to come back again. Just for the sheer driving pleasure! So let me know and I will look at meeting up with people for the drive in from the M11, A11 or A14! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Tony

Be at my house for about 9am and we can drive over.........lol

Cheers

Gareth 

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I shall be coming cross country.......

A619

A617

A17

A47

In that order.......

Plan on getting there about 2~3pm......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

1 hour ago, theelanman said:

I shall be coming cross country.......

A17

A47

In that order.......

Plan on getting there about 2~3pm......

Could do this bit?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I'm probably the furthest West that you can get (there is no one with a Lotus in the 2 houses between me and the sea - next stop, ireland) - my journey will be Pembroke - Carmarthen (A48), on to the M4, all the way to Englandshire, carry on towards M25, clockwise to M11 then up to the venue. It is about 365 miles in 6 hours - so if anyone wants to meet me at suitable places along the way, I'll be happy to stop for a coffee!!!!!

I'll probably be meeing at least one other Elan on the way (Clemo), and possibly others - likely at the first services East of the M5..... times to be arranged much closer to the event.

• Gold FFM

@dapinky. I’m going across on the Dublin - Holyhead ferry and then driving to the event. Will probably be taking roughly the same route as you, so perhaps we could meet somewhere along the way? I can PM you with mobile number/contact details closer to the event.

• Like 1

Hi,

From The Netherlands a convoy organised by Van der Kooi Sportscars will be using the HoH-Harwich connection friday evening. Me and my co-pilot-with-a-rather-big-Elise-heart  😉instead prefer to drive so we plan to arrive in Dover via Antwerp and Calais somewhere around 2-3 pm and from there we'll take the various Mxx's to arrive in Norwich Central Hotel somewhere end of the afternoon of maybe early evening. Sunday morning we'll leave from the hotel direction Stanstead. Suggestions to join a convoy are welcome!!

Edited by Jan Blom

On 17/08/2018 at 10:40, Kimbers said:

and we have our European friends coming over on the tunnel, going past his door.

We are with 4 cars from Belgium and we arrive in Folkstone with the train at 18h55 local time.

Another group from Belgium takes the boat and will also arrive at 19h in Dover with 9 belgium lotus

Edited by Red Baron

On 21/08/2018 at 07:35, Red Baron said:

We are with 4 cars from Belgium and we arrive in Folkstone with the train at 18h55 local time.

Another group from Belgium takes the boat and will also arrive at 19h in Dover with 9 belgium lotus

I still have to fix my crossing via Eurotunnel.

Yet, I schedule my trip somewhat earlier on Friday as

• it”s a planned 3 hour drive to Dunston Hall from Folkestone and don”t want to miss the BBQ (with an upfront splash in the pool to chill first) 😀
  • it’s Friday, so fear heavier congestion around London and thus delay towards Dartford Bridge (don’t forget the toll) and M25, before getting on to either the A12-A140 or M12-A11 towards Norwich. Any advice as to omit worse times is appreciated.

I currently schedule my return on Saturday. Probably leave around 17h, with reservation of the program of course.

4 hours ago, PascalM said:

I still have to fix my crossing via Eurotunnel.

Yet, I schedule my trip somewhat earlier on Friday as

• it”s a planned 3 hour drive to Dunston Hall from Folkestone and don”t want to miss the BBQ (with an upfront splash in the pool to chill first) 😀
  • it’s Friday, so fear heavier congestion around London and thus delay towards Dartford Bridge (don’t forget the toll) and M25, before getting on to either the A12-A140 or M12-A11 towards Norwich. Any advice as to omit worse times is appreciated.

I currently schedule my return on Saturday. Probably leave around 17h, with reservation of the program of course.

I’ll drive from Brussels on Friday evening around 18:00 to Calais, spend the night at Calais near the Eurotunnel terminal and take the shuttle train Saturday early morning to Folkestone then to Hethel. Return on Sunday, Eurotunnel reserved afternoon 16:00-17:00’ish to Calais and then drive straight back to Brussels.

Bit tight schedule on Friday but would be cool to join a convoy if any around that time.

Does anyone from Germany plan to go? I‘m thinking of leaving on the 28th and am happy to join a group of people towards the ferries / the tunnel.

On 22/08/2018 at 20:25, JohanDB said:

I’ll drive from Brussels on Friday evening around 18:00 to Calais, spend the night at Calais near the Eurotunnel terminal and take the shuttle train Saturday early morning to Folkestone then to Hethel. Return on Sunday, Eurotunnel reserved afternoon 16:00-17:00’ish to Calais and then drive straight back to Brussels.

Bit tight schedule on Friday but would be cool to join a convoy if any around that time.

Why don't you join us on the train at 19h20 and drive with 4 other Lotus to our hotel (Holiday Inn Norwich City) ?

Then you will have a busy friday evening but a very chill saturdaymorning with only a 20min drive to the factory.

PM me if you want to join our group 😉

I'll be leaving from Rochester, Kent sometime Friday (don't know what time) going up one of the m/ways (haven't planed a route yet) but arriving at Dunston Hall in time for the "PARTY":wine:

@dapinky I’ll be joining M4 at Newbury (j13) on the Friday afternoon.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I’ve been trying to be very organised and plan a potential convoy route from the South East. We’d be coming from near Rye, up the M20, M25, and EITHER the A11 or A12. It’d be great fun to meet up at various points along the way gathering more Lotuses as we go along. We’ve done something along these lines for other car club meets and it works very well. 

Please have a look if you’d like to join in, and let me know any thoughts. I’m happy to try to organise this and would love to see a big convoy! Everything is provisional ideas so far, we would be leaving some time Friday and are staying at Dunston Hall.

Route 1

M25 - A11

Meeting/fuel stops would be Thurrock services, Birchanger Green services and Thetford services.

1.Thurrock services postcode: RM16 3BG

2.Birchanger Green services postcode: CM23 5QZ

3.Thetford services postcode: IP24 1QN

207C1ADD-F08A-4E85-ACC9-EDFC6FE45ADE.thumb.jpeg.2d7e73e7ddb0144daca971a8f21be70d.jpeg

Route 2

M25 - A12

Meeting/fuel stops would be Thurrock services, Chelmsford services and Colchester services

1.Thurrock services postcode: RM16 3BG

2.Chelmsford services postcode: CM2 5PY

3.Colchester services postcode: CO4 5HH

76CD357D-0BBA-40D2-8454-4EF23CAE3F4C.thumb.jpeg.609aa299ba343fe149a21550efa38c3b.jpeg

On 25/08/2018 at 19:10, Geoffers said:

Me too.

What sort of time are you thinking of? I am as flexible as a bendy thing on a windy day. If you have a suitable time/location I can plan my leaving time (and any other joiners) and start to actually arrange things a bit better.

Say 1 or 2pm at chievely?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, dapinky said:

What sort of time are you thinking of? I am as flexible as a bendy thing on a windy day. If you have a suitable time/location I can plan my leaving time (and any other joiners) and start to actually arrange things a bit better.

I’m coming up Friday afternoon too. I was thinking of going cross- country, but I’m happy to join you guys if the timing is right. I’m working til 12, and was hoping to grab some lunch before leaving though. I’d be joining M4 J15, happy to meet at Chievely.