Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hoons, Meets and Convoys to Hotels - Page 5 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hoons, Meets and Convoys to Hotels

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have spoken to Dan and as stated before, will be at Red Lodge, just outside the "Fast Tracks" event centre there, waiting for you all........Even though it just rained on my clean car......grrrrr 😡

There's a really big layby there. If you pull in then that's great, if you drive past I ill have to catch up! By my estimate I reckon you will be there no later than 2:30 so will wait from 2.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Now that was a blast!  

Stop me and buy one!!

Our convoy lasted for as long as it took to exit Birchanger Services and get back onto the M11, about 300 yards.

Ironically, we spent half the remaining journey in partnership with a blue V8, who wasn’t part of the original line up.

Margate Exotics.

I caught up with the front part, Sparky and Kim etc. And we kept mostly together the rest of the way! Most impressive was I think the Belgian club or French. they went past me at Thetford absolutely nose to tail. No one was getting in the middle of that hoon!

Stop me and buy one!!

Thanks to the m25 I missed the birchanger convoy, but stopped off there for a ped and went cross country to the a11 which was pretty empty, much nicer route than the m11 which looked pretty sticky! Off to the BBQ now 😎

49 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Most impressive was I think the Belgian club or French. they went past me at Thetford absolutely nose to tail. No one was getting in the middle of that hoon!

That’s how they drive over there. 😁

As planned I went to the bridge, I think some of you saw me😁, hoped the flag help although the wind didn't as it got in some of the filming.

I was getting a few hoots and waves from other drivers, must have been Lotus fans. I've uploaded them on YouTube under "Lotus 70th M11 northbound to Hethel".

Apologies though for some dodgy camera work, David Bailey I'm not... 

Hope some of you spot yours cars... 

I certainly enjoyed it...😉

Cheers

Edited by Steve1
  • Like 1

We‘ve just arrived in Maidstone for the night break before we head super early tomorrow morning towards Hethel.

1,5hrs traffic jam in Belgium... Friday afternoon driving fun!

Any meet ups or convoys towards the festival site that we can join? We plan to arrive at around 8am in Hethel (so we can get to the club stand before the festival opens) which means we will leave Maidstone at around 6am 😵

Looking forward to finally meet you guys in person!

(Photo attached - GT430 Sport on the tunnel. I was slightly worried about getting my first scratch in the rims!)

A91A1A8A-8502-43FB-89A2-1418F8915423.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve1 said:

As planned I went to the bridge, I think some of you saw me😁, hoped the flag help although the wind didn't as it got in some of the filming.

I was getting a few hoots and waves from other drivers, must have been Lotus fans. I've uploaded them on YouTube under "Lotus 70th M11 northbound to Hethel".

Apologies though for some dodgy camera work, David Bailey I'm not... 

Hope some of you spot yours cars... 

I certainly enjoyed it...😉

Cheers

Just saw you at the last moment!

Checked the car for traces of yellow liquid, guess you weren’t quick enough.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.