Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sat Nav Apps and Phone Holder's - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sat Nav Apps and Phone Holder's

My current TomTom (which is a inbuilt cradle system which I bought with the car) is now telling me that I need to buy a Memory Card so the latest updates can be installed in it.

Its now 8 years old - so I'm considering whether or not it would just be better to get a Navigation App and have a phone holder in the car.

Does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations for App and Holder (I have an iPhone X).

Thanks

For the app use Waze, it's free and excellent. 

For the holder, I had a little magnet that goes in my phone case and the other side on the air vent, works a treat for me and I have a holder in all 3 cars so easy to use in each. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

What @Bibs said - Waze for me too with a phone cradle. I have a cheap £3 eBay phone mount in my every day vehicles 

eBay clicky

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I've been using Co-pilot for the last 5 years. Has a green/yellow/red visual representation of the next 100 miles (similar to TomTom?) which I find is the main reason to use it.

Phone holder, been through a fair few varieties, and have settled on a TaoTronics window mount, and for a vent when renting cars, a gravity mount. The phone I use for sat nav is a older 6" phone, so both these mounts work with large format phones.

• Like 1

Apologies to the op for a slight thread drift but does anybody know if I can use Waze in the USA please? I’m off there later in the month and it would be good if I can use it there. 

Thanks and back to the main topic.

Yes you can use Waze in the USA, used it there several times but be aware of your data charges! It’s free for me in my network but some networks charge a huge amount for data roaming! 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250