Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants Meets - Page 26 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants Meets

Kevin Wheeler

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ADF said:

Anyone doing castle combe this Saturday ? 

Yes, I’ll be there! Happy to convoy up if you’re going?

@TechydAll being well I shall be there most, likely with the old man in tow. Not sure when I'll be leaving (dog to walk probably) so I'll see you there. Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to with the elise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone fancy a bit of VR racing at the Chandlers ford race centre on Tuesday 13th June?

We can go for a pint at a local pub afterwards.

• Like 1

I would have loved that paul but unfortunately this morning my leon decided that after having an intermittent turbo problem it got fed up and decided to completely fail (it creates an awesome screeching metallic squeal).  Every dog within a mile can hear it.  I am only guessing it's the turbo at this point but I'm being quoted a grand, which is probably about what the cars worth.  The elise is running well but wouldn't fancy leaving that parked there.

Unlikely the leon will be sorted by then, unless Kenny can suggest a good place to park it in Clatford.

Old cars eh, who'd have them ?

• Haha 1

@ADF It was legally parked in Anna Valley...before getting shunted 10m down the road 🤣

Good luck with getting the Leon fixed at a reasonable cost.

• Like 1

Well, don't know if it will prove to be the right decision but the Leon's booked in for a new turbo (assuming that's what it is) It's gonna cost what the cars worth but other than the turbo issues and Airton it's essentially still a good car still after 18 yrs (although I maybe proved wrong come next MOT). 

May be I should do what the environmentalists think, scrap the car then buy a shiny 2.5ton milk float from an enormous factory half way round the world.  To my mind just changing a 3kg lump of metal to keep a 50mpg+ car going seems far greener, but what do I know.

It may be ready by Tuesday but I'm not counting on it, So enjoy the Vracing.  Hopefully catch up with you lot soon as it's been far too long.

@Techyd and @Kevin Wheeler hope you got back from castlecombe OK, nice to get the car on the track parade it's astonishing how good it felt on smooth tarmac. Hit a few pot holes, by the time I got home the front had developed a clonk turned out to be nothing major at all just the steering yoke clamp had come a bit loose. Easy fix, once found, I just had to do the upside down under the dash thing again.

It was a good laugh, I think everyone was upside down at least once...Sometimes assisted and sometimes self-inflicted 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So gutted to miss it but as suspected leon wasn't ready. Turned out VW sent the wrong oil feed pipe so they had all the bits in ready to do the job, just the wrong bits. 

If any one fancies another pint this month I'd be up for it (unless something else turns up/goes wrong, almost at the point of expecting it).

I assume being upside down was during racing and not in the pub afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about going for a couple of hours in the morning.  It seems rude not to given that it's so nearby.

• Like 1

Nice to see Kev and club Lotus at the Middle Wallop show yesterday.

Really good turnout of Lotuseses but no front engine wedges or baby elans.....must get the elite going again 😁

• 1 month later...

Good to see a few of you last night, good little pub. Hope all got home safely.

Google Satisfied my curiosity about the sticker on the side of Jim Clarks car

Border Reivers Racing team

image.png.33d8bf93927a1a2c13bb2de25e429720.png

• Like 1