Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones spotted at Gatwick... - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones spotted at Gatwick...

Bibs

The re-opening of the runway came after the last sighting of the drone at 10pm last night, which had buzzed over the airport more than 50 times since 9pm on Wednesday night.

50 times?! They didn't follow it to its landing point once? :huh:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sorry thats me. Drank too much last night and not had a shower.

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I agree with Sparky,

There is more to this one... let's not shoot it down, ask an eagle to kill it, not get a bigger drone to wrap it in a net... and let's just disrupt the world.

To me, this shouts lies, maybe terrorism or even the Ruskies having a laugh.

My understanding is that most domestic drones cannot stay in the air due to battery limitations as much as these have. Which would suggest professionals?

Is there anything this government can get right??

The reports say more than one drone so they could be operates in shifts. They were also on site then leaving. Presumably to recharge. Not sure why they didn't put up a drone of their own to try to follow it back to base.

2 hours ago, Dan.G said:

Well they’ve kept Corbin out, so yes.

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

7 hours ago, Dan.G said:

Bloody hell, why is this the governments fault for christ's sake?  Really?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

because only in this country do we pussy foot and dick around on all agendas that self serve the current political party or politician, but when something as obvious as drone flying over an airfield  or town or market or concert were pathetic at doing anything about...does our govnt and army honestly not think that a terrorist with at least half a brain cell  would not use a drone for a attack of some sorts, and yet nothing has been in place to deal with this..  come on seriously?

unbelievable.. incompetence ... if nothing in pace..

i was expecting this to be shut down stright away not still happening two days later..

• Like 1

And open again! 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gatwick-airport-delays-live-updates-flight-information-drones-latest-police-compensation-runway-a8693876.html

To be fair, the govt can take some blame as can the Police. As far as I'm aware there have been 3 prosecutions under the ANO against hobby drone fliers. The dude who flew into a nuclear power station, a guy who repeated flew over Wembley during matches and more recently a guy in Peterborough who endangered a Police helicopter (which incidentally was more than capable of following the drone to his house). When they catch these people, that'll be number 4 and there are over 1,000,000 drones in the UK and about 4,500 CAA PfCO Pilots.

People upload illegal drone videos every day to fb and youtube - overflying residential areas, range tests (the law is 500m from the op and line of sight) yet nothing has been done. It's as illegal as posting a video of someone driving at 150mph. Both are risky, more often than not no-one is harmed but at the end of the day the law is the law. The CAA are not responsible for prosecutions, the Police are and in the past when illegal operations have been reported, they've given zero shits in the main and I appreciate that there are more serious crimes to chase up, but the same can be said for someone speeding at 4am on an empty road. 

There's been lots of calls to legislate this not happening again on talk shows but that's not the answer. I'd welcome legislation, it helps my business for example limiting the size of drones sold to non-licence holders to 500g for example, maxing their range to 50m however the people doing this clearly have no regard for any current laws, and more than likely any future ones. My drones both sold openly have a range of 7km, 14 times the legal max distance. Barmy isn't it! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I was thinking about the stray bullets comment from the police?

Use a shotgun. Will bring the drone down and the shot velocity dies off pretty quick. The shot wouldn't even leave the boundary of the airfield.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

My drones both sold openly have a range of 7km, 14 times the legal max distance. Barmy isn't it! 

7km OMG  thats totally mad.. these guys could be geo flying these things from 5km away.. no chance of finding those pilots!    

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

My drones both sold openly have a range of 7km, 14 times the legal max distance. Barmy isn't it! 

You forgot to put "honest officer" at the end of all that. If I were you i'd expect a knock on the door from Regan and Carter :P

• Haha 1