Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tyre writing. - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tyre writing.

Opinion on outlining the Michelin writing in white on the Exige tyre sidewalls. I quite liked the idea of doing it and have just spend 30 mins looking at pens on amazon.

Will it look more motorsport or do I just need to put the idea down to post New Year head fuzz.

Anyone good at photoshopping the picture below?

FFBD80FB-DEAF-4FC4-9308-7261D96690F4.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you must :D ..........  https://www.tirestickers.com/

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I used a tyre pen bought off ebay.

clean the area with IPA.

Took 3 coats per tyre to look reasonable though - could possibly have done 4.

Even I change my mind fairly regularly over whether I think it is nice or naff :)

Edited by mik

Looks horrible, cheap, tacky, chavvy!

Oh wait, I put it on my car and love it !

£1.50 pens from ebay worked a charm, 3 or 4 coats, done. still white as hell on the drivers side - passenger side is brown. Presumably because of the dirt on UK roads?

Clean the tyres well with white spirit or something and you're good to go.

I used these, buy 4 just in case. one per tyre is more than enough, I did all 4 of mine with one pen, but the 2nd pen was shit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-CAR-TYRE-MARKER-PAINT-PEN-TIRE-METAL-PERMANENT-UK-SELLER-BRAND-NEW/161648699732?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Opinion on outlining the Michelin writing in white on the Exige tyre sidewalls. I quite liked the idea of doing it and have just spend 30 mins looking at pens on amazon.

Will it look more motorsport or do I just need to put the idea down to post New Year head fuzz.

I reckon yellow writing would suit that Andy

Thats how mine ended up, I'd advise you to take the wheels off to do it, much easier.

Also keep a razor blade or Stanley knife handy. Take your time - much easier to slowly touch up than it is to scrape off. Not 100% but from 2 foot away it's great haha

20180814_164458.jpg

17 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

Those rims though!

Like hens teeth Dan - if you want more detail about those wheels and more, go on and read Fabian’s (LotusFab) FYEO replica build in the Esprit Restoration section on here - he is nearing completion😎

Turbo Esprit Compomotives are a thing of beauty. I’m just glad I only ever wanted a red Turbo Esprit with black decals and BBS wheels as per the Fast Lane magazine article in the early 80’s......no white lettering at that time either😉

On 02/01/2019 at 20:59, Andy Norman said:

I would say to really not do it

Looks ok only on factory competition tyres

If you really want to try put just one small sticker on each tyre that you can remove but probably you will not listen and will but a tyre pen and use it lol

BTW I don t know if it s your car in the picture but I mainly replied to say tht it s problably one of the best looking colours and 430 cup I saw on picture even if they are all nice

1 hour ago, Maxi_z said:

If you really want to try put just one small sticker on each tyre that you can remove but probably you will not listen and will but a tyre pen and use it lol

BTW I don t know if it s your car in the picture but I mainly replied to say tht it s problably one of the best looking colours and 430 cup I saw on picture even if they are all nice

It is my car. Thanks 👍

14 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Chav as f***.

Now that your big wing has gone, you've changed!  :rofl:

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

fully agree ... do NOT do ... !

On 02/01/2019 at 19:59, Andy Norman said:

Sod the tyres, I think that car is stunning