Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

Well this is an interesting price. I’m sure this car was for sale at JCT late last year for under 50K. I went to look at it but didn’t really like the red bits. When 380’s are up for similar or less and 410’s not much more someone is going to get stung if they pay the asking price.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107134957009?include-delivery-option=on&radius=1501&model=EXIGE&make=LOTUS&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&postcode=wn24ub&page=1

Its all shifting a bit but it won't last IMO.

Castle Lotus told me last week that they had a 380 sport coming in for 58k, then sent me pics and said it was 58500 and then put it on PH for 60500.

Also a Black 410 coming into Silverstone for 65k if anyone is interested.

Edited by GT Two

Looks like people who recently bought Exige’s are getting rid sharpish, Emira effect? The black one at Silverstone only sold a couple of months ago. The red 430 Cup at Oakmere just put up for sale only sold around Xmas.  I know they are totally different cars,  but who is going to pay 60 to 90K for old tech when they can have a new shiny thing for the same money.

Not sure the Emira is really a replacement for the Exige ?

I have a deposit down but I think it’s a different type of car and not really comparable to the Exige ?  But appreciate there will be some peoplE who do switch. 

This is a tough one and think there are multiple factors at play....For all types of performance cars dealers are asking a lot. Im in the market for one of the following, 410/430 cup, GTR or 911 turbo s....All appear at least in my opinion to be over priced and im not convinced that cars are shifting for their original asking prices. For me anyway, it doesn't feel like the right time to buy so Im happy to wait for the right car at the right price even if that means waiting another 6 months

Im not sure its an Emira effect either because at least on paper the Emira seems a completely different car to the Exige and wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade at all - yes new tech and it looks stunning but its not an exige and definitely not an upgrade to an exige. No doubt they will sell but I cant see many 410/430 owners dumping their cars to get into the Emira - I think it will attract a different type of buyer if it is being compared to things like a cayman and at a starting price of 60k thats very different money to a second hand 410 or 430 that in general seem to be more expensive when they appear on the market

• Like 1

Exige and Emira will be fundamentally different driving experiences. Intentionally so. 'Old tech' is precisely the appeal of the Exige. It's pure, simple, raw, physical and thrilling at all speeds. Emira has been designed from day 1 to be easy and daily useable. So I for one would rather have a competent daily car and a more focused sports car rather than the one Emira or Cayman and use it every day. Happy to pay more for an Exige 430 too it's power/weight is dramatically higher than the Emira being both massively lighter and more powerful. Near 360bhp per ton vs somewhere around 270bhp per ton for the Emira V6 (same as Elise 250).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrBru said:

This is a tough one and think there are multiple factors at play....For all types of performance cars dealers are asking a lot. Im in the market for one of the following, 410/430 cup, GTR or 911 turbo s....All appear at least in my opinion to be over priced and im not convinced that cars are shifting for their original asking prices. For me anyway, it doesn't feel like the right time to buy so Im happy to wait for the right car at the right price even if that means waiting another 6 months

Im not sure its an Emira effect either because at least on paper the Emira seems a completely different car to the Exige and wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade at all - yes new tech and it looks stunning but its not an exige and definitely not an upgrade to an exige. No doubt they will sell but I cant see many 410/430 owners dumping their cars to get into the Emira - I think it will attract a different type of buyer if it is being compared to things like a cayman and at a starting price of 60k thats very different money to a second hand 410 or 430 that in general seem to be more expensive when they appear on the market

It should be interesting to see if a lot of used Exige’s suddenly hit the market. Maybe dealers are giving former customers a ‘too good to turn down offer’ as no new stock is arriving until next year. I held off buying a 410 earlier this year as I wanted to see what the Emira was going to be, I wouldn’t have wanted to spend 80K on the wrong car.  As the roof doesn’t come off the Emira it’s not for me.

• 1 month later...

My car has been sold through a non Lotus dealership network. It will surface on the market soon, next week. If anyone has any questions or wants any answers about the car please contact me as I’ve owned it for 3 years and 12k miles. It is a corker, well loved with all warranty jobs completed.  I can fill you in with any questions you may have. 2008 Pewter Grey with GFWilliams stalks, GRP V3 rear lights, see my profile picture. 

cheers. 
Andy. 

On 02/09/2021 at 08:58, Bibs said:

Hi Andy - Sorry for your loss! Might be worth popping the reg in so that this post can be picked up nicely by Google for any future owners :)

SN18 BSY

Oooh, rare. I keep an eye out for these, or the Final Edition.

However, it would mean not getting an Emira i4 along with the V6 but I am currently thinking I will likely swap the AMG i4 for an Exige down the road as I see an Emira and 4XX Exige being the most perfect UK garage. 

The 410 Sports are more in my current range but, damn, why not go for the big boy 😁

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Down south now? I think it was being transported end of last week as was out with the exotica at Edinburgh Lamborghini lock up when I collected my last few things from inside it. Can’t remember where they said it was off to. Warwick or somewhere rings a bell.

It’ll be mine. 

2 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Sytner in warwick indeed, around the corner for me, I could be wrong by the way, but it caught my eye as it is vaguely similar to my car visually, I could confirm tonight as I will drive around the shop again !! 

No it’s ok mate. It will be my old car though. I’ve been paid in full two weeks ago so I’m not really that interested as it’s not sale or return or anything. I’m just here to provide info for the new owner if needed. 

• 10 months later...

Looking to fill an Exige sized hole in my life and wondering if any members know this car or have any experience of buying through Sytner Select? Would welcome any words of wisdom

https://www.sytner.co.uk/car-search/14743452-1767678-lotus-exige-3.5-v6-s-2dr/?supersearch=1&ictd[master]=vid~7ddf1620-d6f6-4eeb-85c2-af41b1c716a4&ictd[il2558]=rlt~1658352488~land~2_16146_seo_60892bcd31d46921fc9443fb794c7139&ictd[siteId]=617

Sounds like OP on FB has been to see it and this was his post comments

‘Still looking for a v6. Viewed this one yesterday. Anyone with any knowledge ? LJ65EFT. Good looking car, paint damage front n/s wing above splitter and discrepancy in service book for a c service (parts ordered but no stamp or fitting invoice). Last owner less than 12 months. Any knowledge appreciated.’

• 3 weeks later...

Bond exige is for sale at Hendy Exeter, went into the show room today and they had just taken some photos. Don't know the price. See it has its own instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cesk5m2Im42/?hl=en  

• Like 1

I’d have your Kawasaki green before I had that one above. 

And a vivid green one is available for £9k less with similar v low miles. I do love vivid green. 

• Like 1

Long time no see Joe, did you get over to Lotus in the Peak? We have a run ending at Hassop Station on Sunday, the run is 'full' but would be great if you could join us for some breakfast 👍