Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spark plug tubes source - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spark plug tubes source

tomcattom

• Gold FFM

Noticed today that three of my spark plug leads have a metal tube around them where they connect to the plugs, however number 4 cylinder doesn't have this tube.

I've searched the parts list and can't seem to find any mention of these tubes. Presuming they are a factory part, does anyone know the part number or where I might find a single replacement?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

If they're brass looking the three I have don't look like it but they may just be epicly grubby. They look like they're sandwiched between the leads and the spark plug although I've not tried taking the leads off yet to know if I'm right about that.

I can post a picture later to illustrate what I mean but it sounds like we're talking about the same part.

• Gold FFM

If it’s the ht spark plug cap ends - just buy a new set of magnacores. The ends weren’t available on any of the simple sources when I looked a while ago

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Here is a picture of the tubes I'm on about, number four apears to be missing its tube.

PIyt9M97mEzuoxCs1cHNX2qlUUq6IXbuh8ibFKHK

@Barrykearley are those the endcaps you're referring to that come on the Magnecor leads?

I don't think the standard tubes are metal. At least on mine they were some sort of plastic, got all brittle and cracked when I last changed the plugs. Not sure of their purpose to be honest, they can make it a bit difficult to determine if the leads are on correctly.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

You know what, if I'm honest I never really considered that they might not be metal @Escape. I was just making an assumption based on their colour and what I could see; I've not actually handled them yet. If they are plastic - and likely as not have gone brittle - it might explain why one of mine is AWOL.

Eitherway, I'm currently shopping around for the best price for a set of Magnecor KV85 leads to replace the set that are there. For all I know they're the almost 25 year old originals and probably need replacement as a matter of course anyway. The sketchy history I have with the car doens't suggest they've ever been touched.