Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stratton Evora GTs - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stratton Evora GTs

C8RKH

First pictures now out on Facebook, more info to come, but looks like all 5 have the Cosworth tuned 430bhp GT derived engines so they will be quite some motors....  

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fstrattonmotorcompany%2Fposts%2F2520911634588015

53365814_2520899707922541_262680560600612864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=282fe97a9f1407091e78a459d3d4191e&oe=5CE4E104

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Fixed your link for you :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks @Kimbers, the kids were at work so we had no one technically literate in the house to do it!   You wouldn't know I've worked in IT for 34 years!  Now, where's me valves and tape rings!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

No. That was all the mules Lotus had left.

The small print.

Ok, Donkeys then... ;):blobfire:

The small print.

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

You're all over this internet business Andy :lol:

Anything more complicated than swipe right or left and I'm like a headless chicken in an alligator farm. Dead meat.

To keep on track there is a good thread on the engines on TLF

Seems like on stock Lotus ECU they were around 385bhp but new ECU and Swindon where quoting 420-440bhp 

I can use Google and Search functions unlike many!

The small print.

On 05/03/2019 at 15:33, Bravo73 said:

Fixed the title for you as well. They aren’t GTEs, just GTs;)

I'm not really agree with that.

This 5 cars are more GTE than the 20 GT350 on the market.

From what I know the 5 cars are:

- Grey in picture

- Mat white

- black with Grey strippe

- Motorsport green

- chrome Swizz beatz

I don't know if they've change thé wishbone with the one of the GT350

Why be classic when you can be unique

I believe they have, retaining one set to use as  a pattern to make any future ones. Although as most are on standard Evora wheels, spacers ave been used on the rear to make up the difference in offset.

Gav

This is correct - at my time of talking to them they come with a 1 year warranty and must be maintained by Stratton so I guess it depends how much faith you have in the person that built them......some have lots of carbon, others less so. They changed to manual as the Italian firm couldn't map the software so they were happy with the auto box. 

000b4650-783f-46c1-93cf-5838d04f8c56.jpg

755feb69-1959-417b-8577-720d899aa445.jpg

0e2516ed-b519-4ee1-aeb7-38a291f4a481.jpg

3d9e179e-9ec1-462b-a463-2d321f4754d1.jpg

24a9727c-e670-428d-8d19-2939d4a7f356.jpg

26cbfac0-b9f4-4606-b2cb-674640669f36.jpg

a919e58e-d86c-44b6-b33b-d9f6ecef3fe2.jpg

52 minutes ago, 21gg said:

I believe they have, retaining one set to use as  a pattern to make any future ones. Although as most are on standard Evora wheels, spacers ave been used on the rear to make up the difference in offset.

Gav

They are all going to be fitted with a new wheel design they are just waiting for the delivery of them from the supplier.

3 hours ago, Babas89 said:

I'm not really agree with that.

Yes, but SMC have decided to brand them as Stratton GTs. Hence the thread title. 

2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

...and must be maintained by Stratton 

Out of interest, was that your sticking point? I seem to remember that you were quite keen at one point. 

@Bravo73 incredibly keen but a car from lotus with a one year warranty means it is put together well and if anything really bad happens lotus would no doubt rectify it; provided you hadn’t done anything stupid with the car. 

a car put together by a guy in his 20s is not the same thing to then drop £80k on.

i want a gte and will add one but it will have to be one of the originals. We are all different and no doubt they will sell but for me it was just too much risk. Plus they are a long way away and a normal lotus sees a lot of a dealership.....

Wow. Well positive mate!

My NA 2010 Evora only needed service items in 3 years ownership. My new 410 Sport now 1 year old the same.

Have some faith matey...😁

You could have bought a Porsche with suspension struts that launch themselves through the bonnet or engines that eat themselves, an R8 with similar strut issues or a Lambo/Fezza that spontaneously combusts lol ...

The small print.

@C8RKH fair enough, it is dealer dependent and my first experience wasn’t amazing though bell & Covill are superb so I doubt it would have been so bad had they been my contact from the start!

i guess the point I am trying to make is a normal car (not necessarily a lotus) can be problematic - not in a big way but with little things - so a single site dealership building them....

• Like 1

Understood @BatMobile but Stratton are also a well respected motorsport outfit with probably, possibly, the most extensive experience of building and racing Evora GT cars so unlikely to be just built by a 20 year old.😂🤣

The small print.

I can only go by what the sales guy told me so I had to take that at face value; not 20 but in his 20s.

I have never worked with Stratton, I am sure they are superb and whoever buys one will have an excellent evora. I was asked why I stopped and I can only speak from my perspective. For me personally, I just felt the risk was too high. To somebody else who knows the business well or who views £80k as a small amount of money, the risk might be seen as low, we are all different.

Cant deny they look fantastic though....

Stratton’s were part of the reason I sold my GTE. When I approached them about spares availability they just didn’t know or want to help. I know others that contacted them too and had similar response.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Ok fair feedback. I have never dealt with Stratton's and am not associated with them, but if that is the level of service people have experienced then fair dinkum, I am not going to argue and thanks for sharing. It never ceases to amaze me just how "wrong" dealers can get their interactions with customers and prospective customers. You here it a lot regardless of brand (Porsche and MB especially from what I read) or dealership being a large national or a local one showroom.  Just a bonkers business model/ approach really.

The small print.

I've had a few dealings with Strattons, the parts guy is always very helpful but more often or not the answer is I need to go and look through the crates and see if we have one, we are getting some made, they never made that (even though ive seen them) etc. I suspect they they were hoarding parts until they had their cars finished so didnt want to par with anything before then. The only thing I have had off them is the DRL lights, other carbon fibre bits I've got off ebay! Last year I was in norfolk and arranged to pop in to look at the GT's if I got there in time (dependent on traffic from Blackpool), so no formal time arranged. When I got there no one knew about it, the owner seemed a bit put out when I said I wasn't buying one but had arranged to call in for a nosey, eventually a chap from the workshop came out, let me have a look and chatted for 5 mins, he was friendly enough. The attitude of the owner would put me off personally dealing with them unless I had to, which for spares, I have to! 

Gav

• Like 1