Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone still running PZero's? - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone still running PZero's?

Hmm.

So the TPMS now stops working when I go over 70mph. Drop below 70, and after a few seconds, it comes back on. It was fine around town, blasted up the motorway this evening, and it was giving the (!) symbol everytime I went over 70(ish). When I left the motorway, absolutely fine.

Any ideas? Why would it be speed sensitive?

7 hours ago, Bruss said:

Surely you aren't admitting that you went over 70 mph on a public road are you?

Well, I did wonder if I went faster, it would fix itself. I can confirm that at 180mph, it still didn't work.

• Haha 1

That sounds damn annoying, sorry to hear that mate...£90 when you've just paid a few hundred for tyres is a bit of a sting for sure!  On the plus side though, new tyres ready for the summer 🙂

3 hours ago, MattyB said:

Well, I did wonder if I went faster, it would fix itself. I can confirm that at 180mph, it still didn't work.

At 186 the shaking (me, not the car ) will mean you can't see it 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Techyd said:

That sounds damn annoying, sorry to hear that mate...£90 when you've just paid a few hundred for tyres is a bit of a sting for sure!  On the plus side though, new tyres ready for the summer 🙂

I'm impressed with the Michelin's so far - they seem far more compliant, especially on the front - I expect the PZero's had "gone off" so things feel much smoother.

TBH, I'm wondering whether to just turn the TPMS off altogether if it carries on playing up. I wonder what impact it would have on resale? Even at £50 a corner, plus tyre removal/refitting seem like pointless outlay that could be better spent elsewhere....

the tyre sensor is a saab part also....

look for Schrader 20159

theyre about $50 from the USA..........if you know anyone coming over......:thumbup:

OEM Part #: A121G6000F, B121G6000F,

SAAB part No 12825085, 13227143

https://www.tpms.com/20159_Schrader_TPMS_Sensor_p/20159.htm

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 3 months later...

@Bibs are you putting them on the front too????........

Ive thought about swapping but have always ended up going OEM .........

I get 3 sets of rears to one set of fronts.......and the rears last about 7k miles........

so might be about time to swap them out............

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

36 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Fronts still have 6mm on them. Soon as I'm on track next I'll swap them for PS4's but the P-Zeros will be ok for road driving for now :)

Would you not be better with PS4s rather than the PS4?

i've read a few reviews and the PS4 comes out as maybe a bit too soft and comfy.  The 4s is the direct replacement for the Supersports originally on the 400's.

We have the 4s tyres on our Civic type r, which is a bit of a mile muncher and they are still very comfortable. 

27 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

The PS4S does not come in the correct sizes for the 18/19 inch wheel combo that I think Bibs is running.  Only available in the large 19/20 inch wheel size combo. 

I see.....that's a bit of a shame.

Still a good tyre choice all the same.

I think the rear size is covered by the 4's.  What's the front tyre......i'm guessing 225/40/18? 

I just put some standard P-Zero's on the rear of mine as the P-Zero corsa's on the front of mine have plenty of tread on them yet, they seem ok in fairness but not bedded them in proper but will let you know how they fair I have been told by Pirelli there is not a lot of difference for standard road use "spirited driving" that is and sticking to the legal limits 🤥 If your taking it to the edge on track then you probably will notice it from the corsa's. Next set going to go for the AD08's all around I think but going to give the standard P-Zero's a chance first as I do like the capability in all weathers and I am not a garage queen 😁

From what I've read when I was changing tyres the MPS4 are good for fast road use but will suffer from overheating quite quickly on track usage, with the 4S' fairing better.  So I would say to limit the number of laps in each stint and be sure to let the tyres cool enough between them.

Yep that’s been my experience of the Pilot Sport 4. Great all around performance on the road over a wide range of conditions. Fine when on the track but soon started to overheat after 15 or mins round Bedford Autodrome.  I’m a newbie at the moment so not sure if that means I’m harder on the tyres or softer due to my inexperience? 

The rears had worn out so I’ve switched to the Super sports in the hope their motorsport derived carcass copes better on the track.  

Swapped to the Mich 3 years ago. Still have the fronts. Rears last much better than the Pirelli. I did feel like a bit of a traitor to the car and to all of you guys when I made the decision but I’m pleased to see that I’m cool again 😎. Anyone tried a Bridgestone yet?

• Gold FFM
On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:58, electro_boy said:

The PS4S does not come in the correct sizes for the 18/19 inch wheel combo that I think Bibs is running.  Only available in the large 19/20 inch wheel size combo. 

I discovered that only once I'd already fitted some to the rears. On the advice of 'our' resident expert in all things Michelin (Baptiste - @rallyesax ) I fitted PSS on the front and I find the combination excellent, :driving:.

Good to hear you getting on well with the PSS on the front.  I'm looking forward to the front eventually wearing out and I change the PS4 over to PSS.

I believe the correct size for the 18/19 wheels are available in the US and other markets.  Just not in the UK for some reason.

• Like 1

Fitted PS4 to both rear - still have the PZ on the front for now.

My car feels totally different - feels like I've got less grip, but the weather has been dire for the past few days and I'm still experimenting with tyre pressures. Will report back in a while once I have run them in a bit more.