Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 4 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Pretty much. But when does an edge become a cliff? if it was only 10cm high, there's no issue.

Leave the Aussie alone. We're precious down here. :P 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Evija This name derives From the Hebrew name “ḥawwah”, which was derived from the Hebrew word “chavvâh”, meaning "to breathe or live, living". The name has religious significance in the Judeo, Christian, Muslim tradition, after the use of Eve as the female companion of the Biblical Adam. Its use as a first name in England began in the 12th Century. “Eva”, popular in many European countries, “Eve” used as an anglicized form of Gaelic Aoife "radiant, beautiful" in Scotland and Ireland and “Evie”

source: http://www.name-doctor.com/name-evija-meaning-of-evija-51912.html

Mmmm...

That just sounds awful, can’t  believe they would use such a bad name.

i like Excalibur as it will be the ultimate weapon and otherwise they should keep it simple and god for Electra or Elekta

Edited by PAR

11 hours ago, PAR said:

i like Excalibur as it will be the ultimate weapon

Sadly that name has already been used. Hardly the ultimate weapon though

ExxUloG.jpg

On an related note, has anyone on here received their invitation from Lotus to the swanky Type 130 launch event yet? It's only 3 weeks away and yet still nothing from my postman. My calendar's filling up fast: if I don't get my invite soon, I might have to commit to attending the dreaded school music evening...

What about Lotus Extraordinaire? lotus Extreme?

Maybe lotus Ecstasy by Bahar is gone...

Edited by PAR

5 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Lotus supercar will always be an Esprit...I wonder if the 130 will be the new Esprit after all?

buddsy

No way as they will want the esprit name to be resuscitated for a much higher sales car (this is a hypercar not supercar..)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

No such thing as a hyper car back in the Esprit days really.

the new Esprit will be an Ultra car 👍

25 minutes ago, Bibs said:

This is a hypercar Buddsy, different class of car to the Esprit. 

:thumbsup:oh yes cos it’s got electric in it - thatll upset the naysayers :sofa:

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

🤨Bibs, didn't you, just inadvertantly, confirm that one of the new sport cars (the one coming next year) is the Esprit,  there 🤩

Just kidding 🤣

But not really 🤐

Edited by NedaSay
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LotusDan said:

The names bollocks, it's the Type 130. It's an insane looking car though, nothing quite like it... You guys are in for a treat at the public reveal.

So have you now seen the car then Dan? 

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Bibs said:

This is probably the biggest Lotus unveiling in well over a decade. I really do hope this lives up to the hype that has preceded the launch. I really really hope this 130 has the expected wow jaw dropping extreme looks of a futuristic Hypercar.

Whilst nobody had heard of the word Hypercar 10 years ago - each and every one launched under that tag line have Bank Busting price tags and rarety and some incredible performance to match.

I am personally hoping for something with the sleek lines of a beautiful car - La Ferrari or SF90 Stradale, P1, Ford GT and not the ugly Veyron/Chiron or even McLaren Speedtail.

Probably sounds strange but I want Lotus to produce a vehicle that is so stunning and way out of my price range that all it will be is something I can say I’ve seen.

Lotus HQ - fulfill that expectation please.  

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It will be something with features like the Ford GT and the mclaren Senna GTR but all better looking (maybe)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I’ll take that as read now👍😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!