Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks

First small updates I did were (as mentioned) changing geo setup of the standard suspension (no race pack so really soft) which already made a big impact.
At this point I got from 0 degrees of camber on the front axle to about -1 degrees. After some laps on track it turned out that I really had to learn a lot more but I still had fun on track. Understeer was already better, but still present.

3.thumb.jpg.437de58833cd2923cc137d339ef3891c.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.e53b2677e8faa92db0764e359306e37d.jpg4.thumb.jpg.8b14b3838df488ac1fda32f0063a5490.jpg

After some sets of Pirelli Corsa, the next thing I changed was tires. Changed to Kumho V70 and loved them but they wore really fast so the next thing was upgrading to Cup2s. By that time, the 380 was already in my heart so I decided to change to the original forged rims. Just love the look and also reduced the understeer a bit more but I  was still not happy with the ride.

7.thumb.jpg.11345eed8f46b1b1520e7706d01539f6.jpg

Edited by Christian Hochreuther
  • Like 1

My local dealer has a "unique" Exige S at the moment, it's been upgraded to look like a 380 - which I wanted to do over time. I can't stand the odd lights on the newer Exiges.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/unique-exige-v6s/9650820

Whether it makes financial sense to do this is a different story, but if you intend to keep the car long term it's fine! 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Lovely car @Christian Hochreuther! My 350 Sport is also Ardent Red and I really like the colour, especially when combined with the “black pack” that I have.

Red = + 20 ps ;)

8 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

My local dealer has a "unique" Exige S at the moment, it's been upgraded to look like a 380 - which I wanted to do over time. I can't stand the odd lights on the newer Exiges.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/unique-exige-v6s/9650820

Whether it makes financial sense to do this is a different story, but if you intend to keep the car long term it's fine! 

I think it wouldn´t make sense to upgrade the car with Lotus parts. My plan is to use mainly other parts and maybe in the end I can do a small calculation what it cost me + difference to buying just a 380 :)

So back to business.

Next topic on my list was a gearbox oil cooler because I had some moments where i thought the gears won´t change.. Lotus refused my guarantee application so I thought I had to do something myself.
I went to KomoTec again, just got no pics of that upgrade 😑. I think it really helps on track when temperatures rise.

After some more trackdays my front break disc cracked and i thought it was time for another upgrade. Got the KoBra Brakes for the front axle and PFC pads all around. Really great, recommend it for track use but sqeaks really a lot in town.. Love that sqeaks too ;) If my rear discs fail again I will upgrade them also, couldn´t think of better breaks, even saw them on Cup Porsches..

9.jpg.068e69da4fe3fb0c98b38c8acf96c674.jpg

10.jpg.9843a427bb9a85e0dc0b2b390894000c.jpg

11.jpg.74e22d606511aa39b5e434fd55f799a5.jpg

8.thumb.png.4359460aa5e8e70f550ab218a8e2e97d.png

• Like 2

I didnt recognise any sound from the gearbox cooler pump. The v6 itself is much louder. 😉

The gearbox cooler is installed on the right side behind the air intake / sidepod and there is no need for a radiator. 

Edited by Christian H

First decision has to be made. Should I order the carbon front access panel with the double Ardent Red stripe (like the 380 cup) or just without stripes?
If my car was carbon grey, I´d definitely go for the stripes in yellow but maybe for a red car it´s just too much color?

Picture just for comparison, hope it´s ok to post it.

image.png.2621bc4f5249ced145b251749b08793c.png

Edited by Christian H

@Christian H here some inspiration done by my friend DixieV6 on the stripes:

He also has the carbon tail gate; forged wheels, tail diffuser wings, scooped roof, etc.  Check out his posts.  If you need more pics I can drive up to him and take them  🙂

Edited by Kristof Thys

2 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

@Christian H here some inspiration done by my friend DixieV6 on the stripes:

He also has the carbon tail gate; forged wheels, tail diffuser wings, scooped roof, etc.  Check out his posts.  If you need more pics I can drive up to him and take them  🙂

oh great thanks! Would love a comparison picture against the original one. Think I´ll buy it without stripes.

Every day a new update:

The next obvious thing was to change dampers to Nitron 1Way. They work really well on track but make some noises on road.. maybe I will upgrade to 2way or 3way Nitrons in the future. Playing around with damper setups on track is real fun as you can see the results right after the next stint.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0d09ad8ca544f4c7432518bd1d2444b.jpeg

Comparison to the original damper (no Race pack)

image.jpeg.d92abf7ea3b290c680319f5a48e88104.jpeg

At the day of installation, we also weighted in the car with absolutely full fuel tank and forged wheels. I think Lotus claimed 1170 kg for the V6 so it´s almost to the point.
Adjusted the corner weights and ride height after this picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.86664a141c729c5a9be36a8355891d3f.jpeg

And the final result:

image.thumb.jpeg.22e65e6f9d5acc05454d52c37178a520.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d63aba46510bca1a945bb7f672741ccc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.239c8f6bf49f71269a85e3e392970875.jpeg

Edited by Christian H

Best choice was to go to KomoTec and set up the ride properly, currently no more understeer and I´m really really happy with how the car behaves.

After removing the ABS shim and setup ride height, max camber in front was about 2.1 degree. For me it´s almost perfect for the moment but improvements are always possible :)

Couldn´t upload more pictures right now.. Is the Max total size of pictures overall for all my replys? Is there an option to remove older pictures? Haven`t found it yet..

image.jpeg.93d009c9b041ba635526171b5cd3b23b.jpeg

Edited by Christian H

28 minutes ago, Christian H said:

Good news from eltech. There's a new cup 380 style wing for sale. Looks great on the first picture. 

That sounds interesting!  Is there a picture available?

I think that there is also a new wing from Reverie, which looks good:

Lotus Exige 380 S3 V6 Carbon Fibre Rear Wing Kit (Curved) - 225mm Chord, Exige 380 Style End Plates - R01SB0494

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/lotus-exige-380-s3-v6-carbon-fibre-rear-wing-kit-curved-225mm-chord-exige-380-style-end-plates/R01SB0494

4 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

That sounds interesting!  Is there a picture available?

I think that there is also a new wing from Reverie, which looks good:

Lotus Exige 380 S3 V6 Carbon Fibre Rear Wing Kit (Curved) - 225mm Chord, Exige 380 Style End Plates - R01SB0494

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/lotus-exige-380-s3-v6-carbon-fibre-rear-wing-kit-curved-225mm-chord-exige-380-style-end-plates/R01SB0494

Dont like the reverie thing somehow.. 

There is a picture of the eltech wing on Facebook but im not sure if i can post it here. Couldnt see a difference to the cup380 wing except from the colour. 

12 hours ago, Christian H said:

Dont like the reverie thing somehow.. 

There is a picture of the eltech wing on Facebook but im not sure if i can post it here. Couldnt see a difference to the cup380 wing except from the colour. 

Look at the mounts!

www.alias23.com