Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Holiday's and Packing/what you take - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Holiday's and Packing/what you take

Kimbers

I always have a dilemma when I go on holiday. What to take. I love hot weather and just kicking back and relaxing but getting older I like the better things in life so have "upped" my holiday quality....... you know what I mean. When I was younger or had young kids £250 a person for 1 week in Costa Del Sol looked good!

Then as my kids grew from paddling pool humans into fish who never surfaced, so we hired a villa with a pool at around £500 a person for 2 weeks (Inc Flights and car). 

Now I find myself in the £1500+ per person territory and its just me and the Wendy. We like a drink (or thousand) so All Inclusive seems to be the way and TUI Sensimar fit the bill. 4 and 5 Star Hotels, All Inclusive, Adults only. We still travel around and this time have a car for 2 weeks but the all inclusive includes packed lunches so happy days!

So to the crux of the matter. Better quality means Long Trousers, shoes and Shirts for men. Yet more to carry. If you are like me you wear Vest top/T Shirt (sometimes) swimming trunks and not much else and I have found getting the mix right to be beyond me now. Last time I fought the system and only had 1 pair of Trousers (Jeans not allowed). Unfortunately after the first days Goulash disaster I then had to buy more clothes. So this time I have 3 long trousers....but then I have a Khaki pair, Brown pair and Blue pair....so now I have to take different coloured shoes as well!...and shirts. And don't get e bloody started on shirts...must have collars and buttons, no Polo shirts......Have you seen the cost of nice Linen shirts? 

So that was a long way to ask..........what do you do on holiday? Any tips for what to take that multi task several jobs? Do you not take any sun lotion/toiletries and buy them there? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

For that sort of holiday dark linen trousers, black shoes, some short sleeved linen shirts. Upside is linen is very light. Downside is they will need ironed when you get there.

@Kimbers DID your old man teach you NOTHING!!!

ADD LIGHTNESS!

When we had toddlers my Mrs would take everything including the Kitchen sink if we even went out for 1/2 an hour. When left to my own devices (which was a regular occurrence as a stay at home Dad), all we ever needed was the dogs, the  Discovery and the credit card. Simples :)

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Don't often do summer holidays these days, so my getaway bags contain winter weather stuff and ski gear. Agree with the need to be presentable while wafting around the posh hotel, but then that can be overdressed for a night out at the local spit and sawdust. 

I've no idea how may valet manages, but the trunk is usually already in the room when I check in. :D 

Depends where I’m going. Actually that bollox, because I always go somewhere hot because I hate the cold with a passion. So, it’s shorts and T-shirts only, and being an old git I can get away with it.

Kimbers - Swanning around in shorts in a swanky hotel is fine as long as you make sure your gold Rolex is on display.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

48 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Kimbers - Swanning around in shorts in a swanky hotel is fine as long as you make sure your gold Rolex is on display.

Unfortunately not. This is my 3rd TUI Sensimar and I have been turned away for trying it on with shorts in each of the other 2. Trouble is I am like you. I love it hot and the hotter the better (Hence Cyprus in July when its 35 degrees day and 30 night). But then After dinner you want to relax with a nice Rioja and listen to the live piano player play lift music!............No that's a lie, Wendy and I play Scrabble on my Kindle and get hammered. But sitting in that heat outside I then have to change into yet another set of "Different Clothes" Smart Shorts. So by now I need Trunks/Vest tops for the day, Loose shorts & T Shirt for Lunch (no trunks/Vests allowed in the main restaurant though I could use the Beach Restaurant instead), Long Trousers and Smart Shirts for Dinner then back to the room and Smart Shorts and linen Casual shirt for after dinner.

I may need more luggage! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

3 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Unfortunately not. This is my 3rd TUI Sensimar and I have been turned away for trying it on with shorts in each of the other 2. Trouble is I am like you. I love it hot and the hotter the better (Hence Cyprus in July when its 35 degrees day and 30 night). But then After dinner you want to relax with a nice Rioja and listen to the live piano player play lift music!............No that's a lie, Wendy and I play Scrabble on my Kindle and get hammered. But sitting in that heat outside I then have to change into yet another set of "Different Clothes" Smart Shorts. So by now I need Trunks/Vest tops for the day, Loose shorts & T Shirt for Lunch (no trunks/Vests allowed in the main restaurant though I could use the Beach Restaurant instead), Long Trousers and Smart Shirts for Dinner then back to the room and Smart Shorts and linen Casual shirt for after dinner.

I may need more luggage! 

No, you need new legs.

Margate Exotics.

No problem here, next holiday abroad is a cruise so by the time SWMBO has packed a different dress for each night with matching shoes and bags and I’ve packed a suit (don’t think I need a DJ on this one), I might just be able to squeeze in a spare pair of pants before our luggage allowance is used up :hrhr:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
On 03/07/2019 at 16:14, Kimbers said:

All Inclusive seems to be the way and TUI Sensimar fit the bill. 4 and 5 Star Hotels, All Inclusive, Adults only

Oh TUI.... may I suggest a decent camera and some diacalm.

fingers crossed it’s ok for you - when TUI are bad - frankly they are simply the worst 

Only here once

For holidays in warm areas firstly I make a list what to buy, I prefer to take light color clothes like trouser, t-shirts , shorts etc, whom I order from online, For myself and hubby I don't take too much stuff, because too much luggage getting us in problem, its not easy to handle them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2019 at 22:25, Barrykearley said:

Oh TUI.... may I suggest a decent camera and some diacalm.

fingers crossed it’s ok for you - when TUI are bad - frankly they are simply the worst 

Well you went and said it didn't you! It's your Fault Barry!

After 3 lovely experiences this one was a nightmare. Loud music played everywhere, even at Breakfast. Butlins style entertainment with "Water fitness" classes during the day taking up the pool, Loud music at night till 12, poor soundproofing in the rooms, Live music in the evenings that were like the worst kind of Caberet acts (there were a couple that were good), free alcohol 24/7 BUT you couldn't have Coffee in your rooms or take a bottle there to get some peace, you had to keep running up and down stairs to get a tiny glass of wine or spirits, Towels put on sunbeds sometimes even the night before.

Then Flight cancelled and TUI are short of replacements so no standby crews. 2 days in a poop hotel waiting for a return home, lost a day of work each and TUI being extremely unhelpful!

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

@Kimbers so sorry to hear this.

I only stated this as I started a group after my experience with them. 8800 members and literally thousands of court cases against TUI since then. They are the worst in the industry when something goes wrong

Only here once

Put a claim in. Wait and see what happens. Wendy and I both lost a day of work plus car parking extra costs etc.

Told me to claim through Insurance instead of them, but everyone has said you MUST claim off them as they will compensate you more. I can see a battle coming on!! 

• Gold FFM

@Kimbers - that’s bollocks. Yes you can claim through insurance - but it’s Eu compo for flight delay you need.

join my group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1902618720065164/

you will need to wait 56 days from tui - probably be lied to and told it’s a special reason and you ain’t entitled. Then use CEDR to sort it

Only here once

Thanks Barry

• Like 1