Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lovely Lotus Carlton For Sale - Carlton / Cortina / Sunbeam - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lovely Lotus Carlton For Sale

I shall be putting my Lotus Carlton up for sale tomorrow, more details with pictures to follow in 24 hours.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Barry, I feel it is a bargain too as i have priced it to sell, i really dont want it to hang around too long, i have scratched an itch and now i have an itch somewhere else. Its a drivable car too not like the very low milers around at the moment that owners are scared to take out or even put any more miles on them.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, phumy said:

Thanks Barry, I feel it is a bargain too as i have priced it to sell, i really dont want it to hang around too long, i have scratched an itch and now i have an itch somewhere else. Its a drivable car too not like the very low milers around at the moment that owners are scared to take out or even put any more miles on them.

It’s a crime if cars such as these aren’t driven 

Only here once

How I would love to add that to my small Lotus fleet. But I fear my licence would not survive long.

Wonderful to see an example that is used and enjoyed.

Justin

Just put a standard house brick under the throttl;e pedal.

I claimed my first ever three points in it two years ago (first time in 38 years of driving), i was driving at 50 in a 50 limit, in top gear, and coming into a 30 limit village, i even saw the copper, so i eased off the throttle but as i was in 6th gear and its so long,  the damn car just didnt slow down quick enough. He got me at 36 in a 30. I blame Lotus for making top gear so long/high.

Edited by phumy

SOLD----------SOLD----------SOLD

It didnt hang around long at that price and it wasnt expected to either.

• Like 2

Congrats on the sale Martin, glad you got to enjoy it and move it on easily when needed.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Thanks Mike

Im sad that its going as its a lovely car but i have another itch to scratch and i wont have another opportunity to do it, I will be moving away from Lotus sadly, but onwards and upwards, as they say.

Edited by phumy

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely stonking example Martin. Hope I get to see it at some stage  - will you be doing Haynes again soon?  

You said the Carlton had gone to Bournmouth...anyone known on here or the 'bahnstormers ??

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hi Mike

Hes not on here but is on Autobahnstormers, thanks for you comments on the car, I wont be going to Haynes soon as i go back to work before the next one. I will give you a shout when i next go and maybe you can come up to look around it.

• 7 months later...

As i understand it, this one for sale above, has never had any body work done on it in its entire life and that there is rust just starting to show on the rear arches. Anyone interested please tread very carefully.

recently been treated to a full respray, as well as comprehensive mechanical work.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 30/03/2020 at 20:14, pete said:

Blimey that went for £38k, i was surprised it got that high.

I hope the new owner has deep pockets.

6% sellers fee plus all the baggage that comes with it...

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely car but no. I'm sorry but this is a car that had its suspension and engine fettled by Lotus but that was it. It was in its time a truly outstanding and remarkably achievement to get this into showrooms and in the hands of drivers, but at that price, er, no thanks. Sorry, special, but not THAT special and I think there is too much sentimentalism in that price.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That car has been for sale at around £124k for about two years already so its dropped a bit possibly due to CV-19, its the one that sold at auction for about £95k and totally agree its not worth that money when you can pick up genuine good solid LCs for around £45k to £50k.

Edited by Bibs