Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lovely Lotus Carlton For Sale - Page 2 - Carlton / Cortina / Sunbeam - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lovely Lotus Carlton For Sale

Ive seen this on ebay last week, it sounds quite good and is a decent price to sell IMO. However the sills were done over 10 years ago now i would want to just take a look once more. Timing chain is another area that would need to be checked to see if they have been inspected or even changed around 100k miles, as the tensioners would have started to crack and fall to pieces. Apartf rom that it looks a good car at that price.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My old Lotus Carlton that i sold in July 2019 is back on the market again here:

https://dreamcargiveaways.co.uk/current-competitions/lotus-carlton-or-38000-tax-free/

Still looking stunning and the price has come down a little too. Good value for money.

Yes thats how it works, whoever wins it, if they dont want it could easily sell for over £40k, it was on ebay 3 weeks ago for £56k, I assume it didnt well on there so the owner decided to go through the raffle process, which if they sell all the tickets then theyll get around £65k for it.

So what happens if there are, say 1000 entries or less? Does the draw go ahead regardless or does it get pulled and you get your money back?

A mate did this once, raffled his house, DB9, the lot. Didn't sell enough tickets but was contracted to the draw so ended up losing the lot for a relatively very small amount.

I really dont know and i have looked for the answer, its not in their FAQ`s but seems they have sold up to £48k`s worth of tickets already. Maybe its the same on here, its a risk they take.

In this week's Autocar:

The Lotus Carlton once had a bad boy image but there’s only love for it 30 years on. Matt Prior drives one from Vauxhall’s long-time HQ to Lotus’s.

:driving:

Cheers,

John W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Those Route Napoleon photos of the Vauxhall Heritage car were taken several years ago, back when the VXR8 was launched. They seem to get regurgitated on a regular basis. I am surprised that the writer thinks the clutch pedal is light. It really isn’t! Also the Heritage car has not always been kept in mint condition. I remember seeing it at an event at Mallory Park about 7 - 8 years ago when the 1980s Carlton and Manta Thundersaloons were reunited. It was in surprisingly poor condition and the Heritage staff member who had driven it up the M1 conceded that it was well past its best. Vauxhall had to have it refurbished to bring it back to an acceptable standard.

Also fascinating that the author lambasts the brakes. 30 years ago that AP Racing set-up was state of the art and the recipient of universal praise. It’s funny how the technology that was good enough to race for 24 hours at Le Mans back then, is now considered downright dangerous for driving around the mean streets of the Home Counties.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As I think there's only one, it would be a well known car to the 'bahnstormers - originally built by Dave Kember's father-in-law Bill I believe...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

There was also a home built blue Lotus Senator in the Autobahnstormers club. One of the committee members built it as a nod to the original GM idea of using the Senator, rather than the Carlton. Strangely he put an automatic gearbox in it. Both of these are curios, but of little financial value in comparison to the real deal.

Ahhh, that might be the one I was thinking of (Dave is/was a committee member).... so probably wrong again!🤥

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

It seems the press car (nr 002) is heading from Belgium to UK to be auctioned at Bonhams.

Carlton1.jpg.a63f8517b2eb4630da037ea76ec3fd3e.jpgCarlton2.jpg.7594e6ac88e1aa4f7b306469e98ef31f.jpg

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26926/preview_lot/5421662/?category=list&length=12&page=2

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

My bad, I didn't see it was a Bonhams auction in Paris. Does make more sense for a LHD and less paperwork these days...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Sold for €45k + premium, I had expected more.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, pete said:

£115000 lotus carlton for sale

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12882613

Thats been on the market around that price for years now.