Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
400 Hethel Edition gone, new GT410 Sport acquired - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

400 Hethel Edition gone, new GT410 Sport acquired

Tris...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunning and very rare in white. Great choice. Congrats. 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tris... said:

So after being made an offer I couldn’t refuse by Ken at Snows Lotus, I picked up my new GT410 Sport this morning. 

Felt like a child at Christmas picking it up. Even though this is my third Evora it is still a buzz!

First impressions are really good, even in running-in mode the car feels livelier and more purposeful than the 400. Ride is still excellent and although there is no doubt it has a much tauter feel it is by no means uncomfortable.

Looking forward to more miles tomorrow!

1FA3E996-7CCE-4A0F-B8A2-7E778E70B0AB.jpeg

Congrats!have you fitted the tow bar yet🤔

17 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Congrats!have you fitted the tow bar yet🤔

Nah, went over to the dark side for Boat moving duties. Diesel Estate. 🙄

I feel dirty but it had to be done. 😀

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

White works really well with the carbon parts & black wheels. It seems to suit the Evora in particular. Stunning looking car! Health to drive!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Massive congrats, looks epic!

@Tris... Relating :

"Ride is still excellent and although there is no doubt it has a much tauter feel it is by no means uncomfortable."

Which dampers has your car?

When I first drove the GT410 Sport I felt the dampers were a tad firmer than I would like for extended road use but that thought quickly faded after just a mile or so. It is supremely comfortable over long distances and soaks up uneven road surfaces as you pick up speed. Even my wife, who isn't generally noted for her positive praise of my various toys over the years, remarked during our recent foray in to France that she found the car surprisingly comfortable and far less harsh than her Merc SLK. From her, that is praise indeed!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Very interesting swap. I would have thought with the interior being almost identical, the engine almost unchanged, the swap would not be that attractive.

Keen to hear how different that feels and what the upgrades are .  

On 27/07/2019 at 18:25, Tris... said:

Couple more shots from yesterday. 

Had a great day driving around the South Coast. Managed to get a mix of roads to play on. Even only using up to 3000 revs the car pulls hard. 

The ride is noticeably tauter and stiffer compared to the 400, the car corners flatter and grips like there is epoxy on the tyres. But the ride is still comfortable.

Biggest difference is how people respond to the car. The 400 always got noticed and looked at. This 410 is another level above that.

We had cars pulling up along side us on the motorway just to wave and give thumbs up and then drop back to let us pull ahead.

People in the street stopping and saying how beautiful the car was.

All rather flattering.

My thanks to Ken who organised everything, I hadn’t even test driven a 410 before I picked it up. 😀

74C3A290-1CE8-4F54-9A4E-A8EFCF82CA6D.jpeg

6B812263-1196-48F8-ABAB-579D4B300E71.jpeg

Your car looks wonderful.. I’ve just agreed to buy the white 400 that you can see in the distance in your photo!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 62dave said:

Your car looks wonderful.. I’ve just agreed to buy the white 400 that you can see in the distance in your photo!

I too liked at the white 400, really nice example, if it had leather I would've bought it

49 minutes ago, 62dave said:

Thanks Dave,

Ken mentioned that he’d sold that car. Nice car. It was interesting being able to compare the looks between the two cars.

Tris...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...