Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1984 Excel - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1984 Excel

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

LotusRescue are glad we were able to help out with that one Tony. Have you bought the replacement yet.

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Update on the S1. Had a call from the owner. Can you pop over to France and fix a couple of issues. Transport driver had yanked on the handbrake and it was well and truly stuck on, passenger door wouldn't open and a few other little issues caused probably by bouncing about on a transporter for something like 700 miles. So, LotusRescue goes international. Plans all made, 14 hour drive to Folkestone, overnight stay, then Le shuttle early morning. Gets to destination and find snags are all an easy fix. Carried out a few other improvements the owner requested. Job done.

Half day to spare before our return which was pre booked so obviously we had to do the French tourist bit and head into Paris central. Whirlwind tour of the city using their metro and train system which is a great way to get about. Fantastic Italian meal courtesy of the cars owner in the city centre. Last night in the city prior to heading home.

The old Volvo did us proud. Loaded down with every tool I could think I would need, then some. A mileage check showed 1,983 miles on 4 tanks of fuel. Bloody good going for a heavy car with a good bit of weight in the boot.

Return journey was fun in heavy rain, thick fog drizzle, then more fog.

So. Do we now call it LotusRescue International. Lol. ;)

• Like 2

International LotusRescue. Lotus are Go!   (For those of a certain age).

Well done. I could have done with you in 1994 when I was stranded on an autobahn in my S1 Esprit. A German Lotus groupie stopped and assisted. The rest of the story is very long....involving multiple transporters and a 90 year old woman.

Justin 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Glad to see you are up and running again, John.  I was worried you might be stranded somewhere where you wouldn't want to be and unable to return home.  Looks you have plenty on the go.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Hi Trevor. 12 weeks offshore Doha was a long haul and certainly put paid to loads of plans for this year. However, now i'm back home I have been cracking on with a few projects. December of last year I found a little Dutton Phaeton in a storage container less than 10 miles form my home. Made a deal for it thinking something to play with this summer while I work on Ekup and Wendy's excel as i'st still not finished. Anyway got a phone call just this Saturday past to say the Dutton had been released and ready for collection. And before any comments on me divorcing from Lotus, nope, just a summer toy worth saving. But once again, time is against me and I think the little Dutton will be sold on due to lack of time for it. The 504 Elite is all but complete, the 501 is much the same. As mentioned Wendy's Excel is almost there except for electrical problems which  hate. Then the biggie will start, the Ekup. Anyone fancy a nice little Dutton in very good condition, tax and MOT exempt as of next year.

The new tow motor. VW Amarok which last week has replaced my ever trustworthy Volvo XC. I needed more towing capacity.

And the little Dutton.

Watch this space for updates.

002.jpg

001.jpg

01.jpg

003.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 26/05/2020 at 08:03, pete said:

is that a ford engined one John

Yes. 1600 cross flow with 4 branch and type 9 gearbox.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So the virus has turned LotusRescue into a busy little workshop. One very nice Esprit SE in for a refresh including a clutch change. An S1 Elan  M100, one owner with only 26k miles on her coming in for a full service and check over as its been in storage for years. It's a possible new purchase for a newbie Lotus owner.

Some of you may remember another Esprit SE I found about 5 years ago now up in the highlands, well the owner has now decided to restore her and wants me to do the overhaul. That's going to be a big job as last time I saw it she was in a bit of a state, but at least it will be another saved. My Ekup project gets pushed back again, as does Wendy's Excel.

On the down side, in the last few days my replacement tow motor, the VW Amarok has broken a front spring and now suffered a cracked windscreen. Grrrr.

Ah well, that's how it goes. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1