Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

On 09/01/2020 at 19:54, Andy Norman said:

Any of you other 430 guys experienced a yellow spanner hanging around on start up. Mine did today for about 15-20s after all other lights turned off. 
No drop in performance noticed, no misfires etc. Took the car Edinburgh to St Andrews and back approx 100 miles to blow out the cobwebs. Got back cleaned dried and started up again to get everything warm and water evaporated from rads for 20 mins and again 20sec illumination of yellow spanner! 
I’ll head down to Craig Moncreif Cars in a few days if it doesn’t disappear. 

Spanner was still on this morning. Took it for an hour blast in the dry and it seems to have righted itself. Must have been the torrential weather and standing water last Thursday when I went up to St Andrews. 

Shameful throttle blip below on Start up after got back home engine up to temp shows spanner disappears as normal. 

Saves a trip to Carlisle thank goodness until new Scottish dealership opens while still in warranty. 

• Gold FFM

Hi all,

I’ve Been on the lookout for a 430 cup for a few months now and finally decided to order brand new a few weeks back. 

I’ve been told it will be the 2020.5 car and because I’d specced carpets, sound proofing and a stereo lotus have said that they will install the “touring pack’ (not previously an option on the price list).

thay said this touring pack now comes with a new head unit and 4 speakers instead of 2 which I’m happy with but does anyone know what this new head unit is?

it has got to be better than the previous clarion in my 380 which is bloody awful!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 2GOOD said:

I’ve noticed on DeRoure that the latest head units are Sony (two versions) and that they are finally fitting a DAB aerial. Somehow I doubt that it will be a Volvo unit.

Correct, they’ve moved to a dedicated DAB with earth rather than Dipole, do can finally fit a proper DAB unit. 
No GPS antenna installed or parts available, and Volvo don’t do a single DIN nav as that went when Ford retired it years ago. Sony also don’t seem to do Nav in single Din form.

There are no dash changes coming so unless there is a sudden change to Tesla parts they’ll be stuck at single DIN.

But you never know, this is Lotus...

• Like 1

I'm half expecting some sort of special run out model when the Exige retires, 460CUP or ???  I have been told by various people that won't happen but I would not put it past Lotus to do this to sell the last few cars and make a few quid?  I hope the 430 remains the zenith of the Exige forever.

38 minutes ago, Bispal said:

I'm half expecting some sort of special run out model when the Exige retires, 460CUP or ???  I have been told by various people that won't happen but I would not put it past Lotus to do this to sell the last few cars and make a few quid?  I hope the 430 remains the zenith of the Exige forever.

The condition of buying mine was that I wasn't going to end up like the cup380 owners. I was told Geely are very open with dealers now unlike JMG and that the 430 is it. The exige will be retired in the next 12-18 months and the focus is 100% on the new cars - SUV, something between the exige/evora etc. 

The only revision I was told about is a Volvo satnav unit going in at some point but this wasn't something I wanted as it doesn't fit with the cup philosophy. Whether that will happen or not is open for debate but the overriding view was that for them to provide a manufacture level warranty with more than 430bhp would require too many other things to be changed and the that's not where they want to be focussed now as they try to take on Porsche etc in the mainstream world.

Just now, BatMobile said:

The condition of buying mine was that I wasn't going to end up like the cup380 owners. I was told Geely are very open with dealers now unlike JMG and that the 430 is it. The exige will be retired in the next 12-18 months and the focus is 100% on the new cars - SUV, something between the exige/evora etc. 

The only revision I was told about is a Volvo satnav unit going in at some point but this wasn't something I wanted as it doesn't fit with the cup philosophy. Whether that will happen or not is open for debate but the overriding view was that for them to provide a manufacture level warranty with more that 430bhp would require too many other things to be changed and the that's not where they want to be focussed now as they try to take on Porsche etc in the mainstream world.

I was told the same, they can't warranty anything over 430 bhp, very interesting to see you had the same feedback and was interested to hear what others had been told as well.  It makes sense, the 430's will be the last of their kind 🙂 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

The only revision I was told about is a Volvo satnav unit going in at some point but this wasn't something I wanted as it doesn't fit with the cup philosophy. Whether that will happen or not is open for debate but the overriding view was that for them to provide a manufacture level warranty with more than 430bhp would require too many other things to be changed and the that's not where they want to be focussed now as they try to take on Porsche etc in the mainstream world.

Pretty much everything I’ve been told too. 
I wasn’t given any guarantees but had Lengthy conversation with Scott walker at the factory and pretty much said that the Elise and exige platform probably had 18 months to 2 years before being retired. The 430 would have some bits replaced but as no plans to increase power as warranty implications would negate any benefits. 
Lotus future focus is turning to cars that would comfortably drive you down to the south of France. 

Edited by Screem
  • Like 2

Being one of the seriously burned 380 customers (by around two months into ownership and after asking exactly the same questions) to me it’s once bitten, twice shy.

Great cars, watch this space...

• Like 1