Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 9 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, oz410 said:

Hi tex

Nope i dont buddy i didn't have enough time to let them take it for a dyno run because at the time i was going away on holiday i needed to pick the car up before i went away.

That is something i would like to do some point this year.

Wait, so they don't even map it post all the work done?

Surely not, I know most of the items for 475 are bolt ons but it could still run lean if not properly mapped

1 hour ago, Jimmy_ said:

Wait, so they don't even map it post all the work done?

Surely not, I know most of the items for 475 are bolt ons but it could still run lean if not properly mapped

Yep it is mapped from komo tec just didn't have time to get a dyno done because it wasn't a big problem for me at the time because was going on holiday.

Edited by oz410

17 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Komotec are an official Lotus dealer. They have always been able to access and adjust the mapping of the OEM ECU.

Komotec might be a Lotus dealer but their ECU mapping has never been done with Lotus approval. 

They have had to use Russian hackers in the past to try to circumvent the encryption. I kid you not. That is also why their mapping can often be on the crude side.

• Haha 1

Have to admit I've never heard anyone complain  about Komotec mapping being "crude", in fact, quite the opposite with people commending the tunes and how they improve driveability across the range. Can you elaborate on this please @Bravo73as I'm looking at the KT475 kit for my Evora 410.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi, new 430 cup owner here, collected from Oakmere on 2nd Jan - I'll post up some pictures soon.

Loving the limited miles I've done so far, but I do have an issue with the throttle/brake positioning which I find less than ideal for H&T - my main issue is that the brake pedal is too high, the secondary issue is the gap between the brake and throttle pedals is too great.

I'm used to Caterhams but new to Lotus - is it possible to adjust the brake pedal height, if so how?  The lateral pedal gap i would think could be solved by fitting a replacement wider throttle pedal or pedal cover - any recommendations? 

Cheers

Chris

(Shrewsbury)

18 minutes ago, Griffchris said:

Hi, new 430 cup owner here, collected from Oakmere on 2nd Jan - I'll post up some pictures soon.

Loving the limited miles I've done so far, but I do have an issue with the throttle/brake positioning which I find less than ideal for H&T - my main issue is that the brake pedal is too high, the secondary issue is the gap between the brake and throttle pedals is too great.

I'm used to Caterhams but new to Lotus - is it possible to adjust the brake pedal height, if so how?  The lateral pedal gap i would think could be solved by fitting a replacement wider throttle pedal or pedal cover - any recommendations? 

Cheers

Chris

(Shrewsbury)

I purchased these 

https://www.performancepedals.com/collections/lotus-billet-pedal-sets/products/lotus-exige-billet-pedal-covers-performance-pedals

Ok thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at the replacement pedals.

Any advice on altering the height of the brake pedal? - I'm only 5' 11" (ish) but even with seat fully back my right knee/thigh is touching the back of the steering wheel/cowling!  I have ordered a steering wheel spacer from Komotec to aid with this but lowering the height of the brake pedal an inch or so would really help!

1 hour ago, Griffchris said:

Ok thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at the replacement pedals.

Any advice on altering the height of the brake pedal? - I'm only 5' 11" (ish) but even with seat fully back my right knee/thigh is touching the back of the steering wheel/cowling!  I have ordered a steering wheel spacer from Komotec to aid with this but lowering the height of the brake pedal an inch or so would really help!

With the sector111/inokinetic kit you have spacers in order to make the brake pedals ... upper :D This can help to accidentally press the throttle while braking

2 hours ago, Exx said:

With the sector111/inokinetic kit you have spacers in order to make the brake pedals ... upper :D This can help to accidentally press the throttle while braking

Been there done that. Nothing worse than pressing down on the brake and the motor wants to speed up. My daughter did that in my Exige and resulted in her T-boning a curb and doing around $16K of damage to the front of the car. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy father at that point.

Later,
Eldon

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to 'upgrade' from a 410 Sport to a Final Edition 430, what are the options you guys think are must haves and what would you have specced differently on your cup 430's?

Also having a hard time deciding on colour, Motorsport Green comes across as very classy but would be interesing to hear what it is like in real life.

Thank you for the help!

Hi George. I assume you have the current options list from a dealer? I’ve not seen the 2021 list but the 2020 list for the 430 wasn’t that long since it’s already covered in carbon. The remaining items are pretty basic (touring pack, cruise, air con, mats, contrast stitching, interior colour pack etc). I think the majority of 430s probably had those boxes ticked. It’s personal preference though. 

You might skip a few of those “comforts” and add the fire extinguisher and external isolator if you’re trying to create the track look. 

My car has all the former but not the latter which, to me, is ideal. My mates’ 430s are the same, for the most part. 

I assume they’re still doing the Lotus Exclusive programme, in which case you can add all sorts of personal bits & bobs if you’re so inclined and have the cash to burn, like extra alcantara on the interior, personal touches to the paintwork etc.

Re colour, the only way to decide is to go look at cars in the metal. You can’t do it based on other people’s opinions or based on photos. While you’re at it, decide which bits you want colour coded. Will save you hassle getting bits painted after the car arrives.

Hope you get one in the end. The 430 is epic! Not that the 410 isn’t also....

Cheers

Gordon  

11 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Hi George. I assume you have the current options list from a dealer? I’ve not seen the 2021 list but the 2020 list for the 430 wasn’t that long since it’s already covered in carbon. The remaining items are pretty basic (touring pack, cruise, air con, mats, contrast stitching, interior colour pack etc). I think the majority of 430s probably had those boxes ticked. It’s personal preference though. 

You might skip a few of those “comforts” and add the fire extinguisher and external isolator if you’re trying to create the track look. 

My car has all the former but not the latter which, to me, is ideal. My mates’ 430s are the same, for the most part. 

I assume they’re still doing the Lotus Exclusive programme, in which case you can add all sorts of personal bits & bobs if you’re so inclined and have the cash to burn, like extra alcantara on the interior, personal touches to the paintwork etc.

Re colour, the only way to decide is to go look at cars in the metal. You can’t do it based on other people’s opinions or based on photos. While you’re at it, decide which bits you want colour coded. Will save you hassle getting bits painted after the car arrives.

Hope you get one in the end. The 430 is epic! Not that the 410 isn’t also....

Cheers

Gordon  

Thanks Gordon!

The 2021 list isn't that long either (at least where I am), I was thinking of going the track look and having no carpet / sound insulation as well as the fire extinguisher / external isolator. I can't drive faster in the 430 compared to the 410 ( on the road) but I can feel faster!

Have you seen one of the fire extingushers in the flesh? Just to know if there is still okay leg room for the passenger?

For the Lotus Exclusive programme options did you have any examples on existing 410's / 430's? It seems quite hard to guage from lotus what is possible and what is not.

p.s. Your 430 spec is very classy.

Thank you!!

George

Not quite the same but just a thought. I bought an Exige V6 Club Racer originally without the Sound insulation/Carpets, stereo etc. had a quick test drive of the car in London & liked the idea of weight saving in a Lotus as I was told that it was like a Cup! 
Reality - Car prep wasn’t good by the supplying Lotus dealer, so had misgivings & then noticed the road noise, on the trip home to Gloucestershire, final nail was a road trip to Europe with my other half only a few months later mixture of engine noise & road noise. Car was traded in against a new Sport 350 with most of the options at Bell & Colvill, took this car on a much longer trip to Europe & the difference was huge. I suppose the spec depends on what you are going to use it for.

Edited by 2GOOD

An options that perhaps isn’t the best to have is the Airbag delete with A frame and harnesses. In hindsight I think keeping the airbags and then having the 1/2 frame would be better 

I would opt for sound insulation and carpets as cabin is noisier than other Exiges, AC and the side and rear barge boards. They add no discernible downforce but do  look good 

Has somebody a comparison between a Cup 430 with and without sound insulation?

I've driven both specs with a Sport 350 and couldn't make out a difference.

The carpets on the other side are definitely noticeable though.

10 hours ago, GeorgeFranklin said:

@Gordon S

Thank you! 

I am thinking of speccing motorsport green, did you have any more photos you can post up? 

Will have to see for the rest of the options. Has anyone succeeded in getting a chassis mounted wing from the factory on a road car?

Sure, here is one. Feel free to message me if you want others, although there are quite a few earlier in this thread and in the main Exige picture thread. 😊

0BAFF0EF-E9F5-40D1-BAA4-2974240DDEBF.jpeg

• Love 1

Gordon S, your photos always look like taken from a magazine. Amazing, and tasteful spec too!

I thought that motorsport green was no longer available. Also, just noticed that the Engine & Battery isolator options have disappeared from the configurator (hopefully only temporarily).

I’ve seen two sets of launch shots. In one set the car used was Msport Green. Reg S430 LOT. Those included some pretty cool detail shots. 
The second set looks like the car might have been Racing Green (AU67 AFY). Either that or it’s the same Msport Green car in an odd light. 
Racing Green is available on the configurator, although plenty of other stunning colours too. So hard to choose!