Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
airbag light on - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

airbag light on

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had similar on my 400 recently - it was going into garage for service anyway and they simply reset it and all been fine since. Not sure how to reset though

construction and property consultants : My company

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 23/12/2019 at 21:34, Bravo73 said:

Or @Bruss has found a particular code reader which can clear it. 

I am happy to report that one of these (Autel MaxiLink ML629 OBD2 Scanner https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G2BH6F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UnbfFb9965X2M) with some of this:

Step 1: plug in
Step 2: Select abs/srs
Step 3: Select Asian
Step 4: Select Daewoo
Step 5: Select 2011
Step 6: Select (EP) Epica/Tosca
Step 7: Select Body
Step 8: Select SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
Step 9: Erase Codes
Step 10: Yes

...will clear the airbag light. (The steps above are slightly different for the Autel unit but the principle is the same - it’s a Daewoo airbag module that you’re looking for). 

(I now obviously have one of the Autel scan tools if anyone else needs to clear their light). 

• Thanks 1

Hi all my battery went flat and after recharging I have Airbag light on dash. I have read a bit about the issue and was told a Foxwell NT630 plus OBD scanner tool could reset the light. Went to buy and there out of stock ( ones in stock are damaged been told ) Any ideas out there instead of a main dealer visit or any other readers that work for this problem. Im North East Wales based if anyone has one close. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi! I bought an Autel ML629 and tried the steps above, but it says it can't communicate with the unit. I've got a standard S1 Evora (2010) - any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Edited by rabidh

Strangely, the Autel can’t read the SRS code, but it can clear the light. Try the procedure again but just select the ‘clear codes’ option (or equivalent). 

(Otherwise, I notice from your profile that you’re local to me. Give me a shout via PM and we can sort something out). 

• 1 year later...

Waking up old thread - to clear any ambiguity for the 400 owners who are unsure if this works...

The airbag fault on low battery does still occur with the latest firmware installed - if less or not I cant say.

The Foxwell 630 plus setup for Daewoo Epic / Tosca fix, as previously described does indeed work.

My aircon also started working again, albeit more down to luck than judgment.

Still saved me a 2 hour trip to the dealer and many thanks to all that contributed on this topic!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this thread as the flat battery/airbag light has just happened to me. I've PM'd @Bravo73 as, as per other reports, my normal OBDII reader isn't helping.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I'm VERY interested in the ability to clear the airbag/SRS light in Evora GT's. I've just reviewed the user manual for the Foxwell NT630 Plus (from https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/C1NH1c1sgXS.pdf) and don't see any means for selecting the type of SRS module, let alone specifically the Daewoo Epic/Tosca. How are you accomplishing that?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, IDEngineer said:

…and don't see any means for selecting the type of SRS module, let alone specifically the Daewoo Epic/Tosca. How are you accomplishing that?

Don’t use ‘Auto VIN’ or ‘Smart VIN’ to select your vehicle. Use ‘Manual Selection’ (pg16), then ‘Asia’ then Daewoo. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'd be astonished if these devices recognized Lotus VIN's anyway. My point was that I didn't see in the instructions an example of selecting the specific Daewoo devices. Sounds like you just keep going deeper into the menu. Works for me... thanks again!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the contributors here for the advice/process. I've just ordered one directly from Autel in the sale:

https://www.autelstore.co.uk/wholesale/autel-maxilink-ml629-diagnostic-tool.html?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0MexBhD3ARIsAEI3WHJN_fH4Jc1NYoQYieHQmMldrsY2825vCTWZw4b3sqMTxP1gIMMkNhEaAm4MEALw_wcB

If anyone needs a code clearing and Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire is convenient, let me know.

• Like 1