Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 78 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

6 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

In my experience, the French ignore everything until the last minute

Yeah, they did that twice with Germany. Look how that ended up for them!

The French will push their own agenda as far, and for as long, as they can, even after they know they are defeated. Macron is on very unstable foundations as the populous of France have finally woken to the fact that he is just the same as every other lying French politician.

Mind you, at least the French populous woke up to the that. The populous in the Uk is still asleep at the wheel with regards to Corbyn!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Ahh comrade Corbyn the terrorist sympathiser.

the guys an absolute clown - how anyone whom sold our secrets to the Russians, Irish and Palestinians over the years is allowed to hold such an office simply beggars belief

Only here once

Conspiracy theory....

The Brexit vote was not expected...  But it Happened ..... How are we going to reverse a democratic vote without it looking like we have.. ?  ...  We will use miss direction and confusion until people will be so sick of it the majority will loose interest.   We have two years to do this ....  What about the the hard liners within the UK goverment ..? ..  We can push them into corners so their voice does not get heard or at least gets shouted down by fake news and innuendo..  But what about the people who voted for Brexit , they will still have some voice surly..?...  Don't worry about them , the news media's on a whole are in our pockets so we can control a lot of public opinion with scare stories , its very effective  ....  But we tried that before the vote and still lost, whats different now..?..   They don't get a say now , we will do it through goverment with a compromised agreement that looks like Brexit happened , but actually makes little difference at all...  what we will loose on the swings we will double on the round about... The best bit is , once so called Brexit  deal goes through the UK goverment and its citizens will have no say in anything EU but will be tied to it buy deal agreement.. Win Win for the EU...   BUT WHAT IF ?    Don't worry the UK always looks for diplomatic solution , they have not got the balls to stand against the EU as a hard line.  Anyway we have made sure we have too many of our supporters in all the important positions, with far to much to loose.   Its not as if they have a Churchill or Thatcher to stand up for them. . 

'It may only be a theory, but I can imagine in the back rooms of Downing street and Brussels something close was said'. !!!!

UHMM ... 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The third reich tried and failed twice to take over Europe. The third time they are doing it the diplomatic way as outlined by Mr Kalergi. 

Its very very sad time for democratic process. It seems most politicians are simply unfit for office

Only here once

44 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Its very very sad time for democratic process. It seems most politicians are simply unfit for office

I've always said we are only a democracy once every 5 or so years. The rest of the time the Politicians vote for themselves and what THEY believe in, not what their constituents want. Considering that nearly all of them are wealthy highly educated people (Apart from Corbyn who is the opposite and wants us back in the Caveman era) they have the same attitudes and beliefs hidden by a thin veneer of "representing their party".

My only hope is that from all this that it is setting precedent and precedent. Should they overturn the Referendum then Leavers should use their own arguments against them and push back. If not I can honestly see political and social unrest and a huge resurgence in UKIP or a similar party, to a point where if 52% of the population vote for them they will easily win the election and do what the public want.

The number of Politicians who, now it comes to the final stages, are balking despite their constituents voting to leave is unbelieveable and they should lose their seats.

They keep trotting out that phrase "It's far too important and complicated for the general public and I have to represent what I believe in". Does anyone really think it's a democracy we live in? The elitist foundation of Europe (and that includes our MP's Bankers, Heads of Insurance Companies etc) are fighting back. 

Does anyone here not believe in the "illuminati?"If it doesn't exist by name I suspect it definately does by Ideal and how those really in power fight to keep things the same!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Haha. I assume that makes you a remainer :)

Yes, Leavers are very unhappy right now as it appears "Leave doesn't mean Leave" to those in power.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Is it just me or are 90+% of the comments/complaints on this thread nowadays from Brexiteers? Not sure what that tells us, to be honest.

You Could say that,  but you could also say are 90+% are just standing up for what was democratically voted for....  It was said some time back back that had the vote gone the other way that brexiteers would have accepted the result as the will of the people..    Most of the comments are about the underhand dealing to overturn ,discredit , or slight the DEMOCRATIC result of the EU referendum ..   So what that actually tells us is that 90+% of the posters on the forum , care about DEMOCRACY...   What it also tells you is the remoaners who can not accept the DEMOCRATIC result don't belong in a DEMOCRACY..   Harsh comment I know,  but very factual..  

3 minutes ago, CHANGES said:

What it also tells you is the remoaners who can not accept the DEMOCRATIC result don't belong in a DEMOCRACY..   Harsh comment I know,  but very factual..  

No-one can argue with your facts.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nodeal-brexit-could-lead-to-clean-drinking-water-shortage-a3999491.html

I'm amazed an intelligent person in a position of power actually said that out loud. 

How about we just use a UK company for the chemicals instead if it's that concerning. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

As it stands even the staunchest of Teresa May's fans probably believe that her deal is doomed to failure in the Commons vote. So why is there so much worry on here from Brexiteers at the moment? Surely No Deal and so Brexit means Brexit is the most likely outcome now, just as the referendum majority wanted?

Actually I think the most likely result of all of this is we stay in, if Mays deal is rejected. They will find a devious way of facilitating another vote and the vote will be remain. What happens in the country after that is anyones guess.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Is it just me or are 90+% of the comments/complaints on this thread nowadays from Brexiteers? Not sure what that tells us, to be honest.

Probably about as much as all the pishe touted around by the remainers and Corbyn fanatics 

18 minutes ago, Bibs said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nodeal-brexit-could-lead-to-clean-drinking-water-shortage-a3999491.html

I'm amazed an intelligent person in a position of power actually said that out loud. 

How about we just use a UK company for the chemicals instead if it's that concerning. 

Brilliant - yes let’s stop importing Eu rubbish. Or maybe let’s buy it from China and repackage it like so many different German companies do

• Like 1

Only here once

What do we think will really happen between now and 29.03.19? If/when Teresa May's deal gets voted down in the Commons next month, do we think she will have to step down? In which case is another General Election most likely and quite possibly a Corbyn win, or do we let the Conservative Party choose another Prime Minister themselves to see out the rest of her term? Whoever takes over would then have to steer us through the first couple of years of a No Deal Brexit.

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What do we think will really happen between now and 29.03.19? If/when Teresa May's deal gets voted down in the Commons next month, do we think she will have to step down? In which case is another General Election most likely and quite possibly a Corbyn win, or do we let the Conservative Party choose another Prime Minister themselves to see out the rest of her term? Whoever takes over would then have to steer us through the first couple of years of a No Deal Brexit.

On news night last night there were 7 MPs, representing various parties, and each one had a different solution if the vote is voted down. We have no chance of our parliament reaching an agreement on this.

• Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Sadly these MPs seem to be forgetting two simple things.

1 - free market economy 

2 - globalisation 

cheers and up yours Mrs Merkel and that drunken old lush

Only here once