Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 114 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Didn't the Conservatives field their existing candidate who was prosecuted for an expenses scandal recently which caused the by-election? Doesn't seem like they were interested in winning the seat.

Yes they did - and the signs with his name on by the chicken shed I’m working on all had “crook” spray painted over them.

Only here once

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:
3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Didn't the Conservatives field their existing candidate who was prosecuted for an expenses scandal recently which caused the by-election? Doesn't seem like they were interested in winning the seat.

Yes they did - and the signs with his name on by the chicken shed I’m working on all had “crook” spray painted over them.

I really do not understand how the Conservatives would field a candidate convicted of fraud and think it was a good idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49186065

Govt plans to 'buy excess meat' that we won't export in No Deal scenario.

Is it me? Why don't we just stop importing shite frozen meat from the other side of the world and Govt use the reported £500m to support British produce at the point of production?

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

12 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49186065

Govt plans to 'buy excess meat' that we won't export in No Deal scenario.

Is it me? Why don't we just stop importing shite frozen meat from the other side of the world and Govt use the reported £500m to support British produce at the point of production?

So you're advocating state control of food supply?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

So you're advocating state control of food supply?

Not at all but why shouldn't we at least aim to be 100% self sufficient in supplying the food we can? British Beef and Lamb are the best in the world IMO. How does financial support = state control? EU subsidies already support British agriculture (albeit now under the heading of Agri-Environment Schemes) Does this mean that the EU State control our food supply? Even in the old days of Milk Quotas, we still imported milk and milk based products from the EU. Not looking after food security within our own Borders is a recipe for disaster.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

3 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Not at all but why shouldn't we at least aim to be 100% self sufficient in supplying the food we can? British Beef and Lamb are the best in the world IMO. How does financial support = state control? EU subsidies already support British agriculture (albeit now under the heading of Agri-Environment Schemes) Does this mean that the EU State control our food supply? Even in the old days of Milk Quotas, we still imported milk and milk based products from the EU. Not looking after food security within our own Borders is a recipe for disaster.

You said stop importing shite. So you just need to get all the supermarkets to stop buying imported shite. Simple

Question/Opinions

If the EU won’t open up the “deal” for further negotiation, and Boris can’t get a consensus in Parliament for a no deal resulting in a general election, which would still no doubt end up with a hung parliament, and assuming that he won’t have the guts to close the Commons to force through a no deal exit, will the EU kick us out on 31st Oct?

11 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

You said stop importing shite. So you just need to get all the supermarkets to stop buying imported shite. Simple

No. We need to educate people to stop buying the shite. Cheap polluted / processed meat is not good for us.

Then the supermarkets will stop stocking it.

7 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Question/Opinions

If the EU won’t open up the “deal” for further negotiation, and Boris can’t get a consensus in Parliament for a no deal resulting in a general election, which would still no doubt end up with a hung parliament, and assuming that he won’t have the guts to close the Commons to force through a no deal exit, will the EU kick us out on 31st Oct?

Hope so! 👍

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No. We need to educate people to stop buying the shite. Cheap polluted / processed meat is not good for us.

Then the supermarkets will stop stocking it.

Hope so! 👍

Many people have no choice but to buy cheap shit and many many many willfully will not be educated. There are some potential flaws in the approach.

14 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Question/Opinions

I think the current legal situation is that we exit Oct 3st deal or no deal unless there is a further extension/

I wholeheartedly agree with buying fresh local produce. But it’s not always possible, and by way of an example, only today I was forced to alter my menu plan for dinner as I couldn’t find any British tomatoes in Sainsbury’s, only Dutch and Moroccan which I flatly refuse to buy.

How on earth is it better for the environment to fly bloody tomatoes half way round the world when there’s the biggest vegetable hydroponic factory imaginable about three miles away in the form of Thanet Earth?  Beats me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

I think the current legal situation is that we exit Oct 3st deal or no deal unless there is a further extension/

Yes, this is the current legal position. Will the EU allow it to happen though or will they blink at the 11th  hour.

Friends of ours in Germany say that many Germans are highly concerned at the financial implications for them of a U.K. no deal Brexit, since they recognise how much Germany & the U.K. prop up the EU funds

3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Many people have no choice but to buy cheap shit and many many many willfully will not be educated. There are some potential flaws in the approach.

Many are feckless and lazy too. Education has a big part to play, I agree. But we stopped teaching young people about parenting, supporting themselves, making do etc. years ago when it became fashionable to pretend it was in our interests to be reliant on the state. Fooking Labour!  Used to be the party for the workers but became the party for the shirkers.

It's easier these days for people to spend £5 or £10 on processed shite and justify it to themselves, than spend £5-£10 on in season veg and make a wholesome broth or soup with some added lentils that would fill them with goodness. Oh, but yeah, they're feckless and clueless so it's not their fault its everyone elses.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Gotta love the EU....

From this article: "EU negotiators told European diplomats there was currently no basis for "meaningful discussions" and talks were back where they were three years ago.".

No Basis for meaningful discussions.....let that sink in.....and that is why we are leaving!

Boris's reply is basically "Well thats unacceptable............

To which the EU replied "No it isn't"

Boris "Yes it is"

EU: Oh no it isn't.........etc etc. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49240809

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:26, scotty435 said:

Lib Dem’s over turned a 8000 majority from the last election so the majority is not as small as it looks.

The Lib Dems are a bloody disgrace, the new tea lady wouldn't even say if they would do a coalition. They are so desperate to be part of the gang they would sell their grandmother to be part of it. They look more like the green party these days.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

To you. To me. To me. To you...  It's a shame we never put the Chuckle Brothers on this....

Macron is stirring the shit in pot too I see. He really doesn't like us does he? Merkel's power is waning and despite parts of France burning he's focused on punishing us for Brexit. Something that has not even happened yet...

The small print.

Macron is a disgrace to France & the people there now know it.

I’ve  said before his only focus is trying to become the first President of Europe and he couldn’t care a toss about anyone else

Macron is just a mouth piece for the Rothschilds. Look up his history. he worked for them up until he "decided" to run for President. Miraculously he had a lot of monetary backing.....hmmm wonder where that came from?

It's big money pulling the strings, IMHO.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

10 hours ago, march said:

mmm - So Comrade Corbyn is trying to get the civil service to block Brexit - hardly democratic.☹️

Corbyn and McDonald are plotting to create a similar Marxist extreme regime like the one that has ruined Venezuela. They are now showing their true colours and the Labour Party, thanks to McDonald mouthing off at the fringe in Edinburgh re Independence is now in open war fare!

The small print.

I wasn't too impressed by reports that McDonald was talking about going to the Queen and telling her to make Corbyn Prime Minister.  I would hope she would put him in his place.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

6 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

I wasn't too impressed by reports that McDonald was talking about going to the Queen and telling her to make Corbyn Prime Minister.  I would hope she would put him in his place.

McDonald is something that rhymes with Hunt. Who actually is the leader of the Labour Party? I actually think that really it is McDonald who has his arm up the backside of the dummy that is Corbyn. I actually am very scared about the future of democracy in the UK if those two ever actually got into power.

• Like 1

The small print.

I find it amazing the blatant scaremongering about Britain going into recession after 1 quarter negative growth and then Germany has 2 and is only on edge of recession! If we had 2 we would be in a recession to end all recessions because of brexit!  Not because of us/China trade war!

I can hear bloody Phillip Hammond blaming BJ for that also   He maybe a loose cannon, but it will end the the bloody brexit saga so we can all move on. If we had left of the 1 June 2016 this would have been all done and dusted  

• Like 2