IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, jonwat said:

saving their godamn asses from the Germans  in two world wars.

You might have something there. But again, leave Paris and the inbred "elite" and the welcome we get is very different. It's like a country within a country. True story - on holiday, rented a french villa a few years ago near St. Emilion. Just outside a small village. Bottom of the drive was a nice modern bungalow. Got talking to the owner of my Villa and asked him about the people in the villa. He just gave a typical french snort and said that they had moved there about 15 years ago but nobody really liked them. I asked why. He just said, "they're from Paris. No backbone. They just surrendered and collaborated".  He then went on to talk about how during the war the local area, which has lots of caves etc, was a hot bed for the resistance and how the French in that area had never forgiven Paris for surrendering so easily. It seems that France and the French is very much like the UK. They hate Parisiens, we hate Londoners...   hahahahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

They hate Parisiens, we hate Londoners...   hahahahahaha!

Don't get me started on Londoners :rofl:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

I spent some time in Nord 2 years ago with my dad, the people were lovely. And my Uncles war grave wasn't in a tourist area so the French just wanted to know about us and what were were there for etc. We stopped at some lovely local coffee shops and restaurants. Couldn't recommend it more!

In Paris we went to a Fish restaurant and the menu was just in French (well they obviously don't get Tourists do they!) I asked the Waiter for a little help and he shrugged and said "No Parla Engleese" or words to that effect. We ordered and a party of Japanese sat down behind us. They did the same as us and asked if the waiter could speak English them to which he replied in perfect English "Yes sure what would you like". We stood up and walked out.

@geartoxis perfectly correct, even more so than us, the ruling classes in France and Parisians are a world unto themselves. Lets not forget that Macron worked for the Rothschilds and only went into Politics with their blessing....and backing! 

However the fact that the French will not suffer because of a Tariff is wrong. Their Motor, Wine and Food industries in particular will suffer badly. Especially as many of their competitors have free trade agreements with us already, so Korean, Japanese and UK cars won't get tariffs, Australian, South American wines won't etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Thanks @C8RKH, yes the scales are indeed different.

Jan to October 2020 was some 24bn Euros and 2019 was some USD37Bn from a different source. https://www.statista.com/statistics/477892/united-kingdom-uk-import-value-trade-goods-from-france/

My general point was that the French will lose a lot of trade from a no deal - and some data to work from.

Like I said, Cars, Wine and foodstuffs :)

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55385768

finally some good news though - fingers crossed all travel to and from the eu will be banned soon - that should stop our politicians talking about a deal with the eu.

Only here once

Oh Bugger - Ports etc.. closed to France - BBC reporting possible Christmas Food shortages - Anyone laying bets on panic buying tomorrow and we haven't done our Chrimbo food shop yet 😱.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, pete said:

And now Dover has closed its ports and Eurostar is suspended

Bet the terminal on the beach is open for dinghies

You eat pasta and toilet roll for crimbo dinner @march 😳

Only here once

Just heard that monumental bell end Vine on Radio 2 moaning and doing his usual whiny hand-wringing about the horrendous queues of lorries in and around the Port of Dover due to it being closed off due to COVID.

So, here’s a screenshot of Dover. Can you see all those red lines indicating the horrendous queues and traffic jams? No? Well, neither can I.

846B7B33-D13E-41F5-9457-BD295F9ED122.png

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Looking busy in Folkstone though just down the road!

image.thumb.png.aab903f38a2320bcbaf29f5f891dd2ca.png

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's Operation Stack, happens several times a year when the chunnel has issues. I appreciate this is currently because France are being dicks this time (most lorries are foreign returning to the continent by the looks of the traffic there) but I'm sure their decision was based on the more virulent Corona in Kent (which is rarely the origin of the freight and where lorries pass through at 56mph and don't stop) and perhaps a little Brexit posturing. 

132372831_2605848343039261_8057975643079

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

I appreciate this is currently because France are being dicks this time (most lorries are foreign returning to the continent by the looks of the traffic there) 

just remember that the French surrendered to Hitler with barely a whimper .. tells you all you need to know about the resilience of their backbone

let them close Calais as long as they want - we will just have to eat British!

Edited by SFO
  • Love 1

So over 40 countries have shut their borders to us,pity they didn't do it to China when this first happened

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Pity they didn’t stop us going on holiday in September too. 

• Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

We have the biggest hydroponics factory just up the road but guess where all the tasteless tomatoes in Tesco come from? Holland. So much for supporting local business.

When I were a lad, if stuff wasn’t available, my old mum just shrugged, and found something else. Mind you, in those days a Vesta Curry was seen as exotic, garlic was looked upon as something that only the French ate, and a fresh roast chicken for Sunday was a proper treat. 

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Seeing all the lorries lined up in Kent most seem to be foreign and none of them have paid to use our roads,no fuel bought and no tax paid. So once Brexit it is over shouldn't we be charging them to come in and use our roads as happens when our lorries go to Europe

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Anybody else think that the current action by the French, and the rest of the EU to a lesser extent, in blocking access from the U.K. to their country, as well as being Brexit related is just looking for an excuse to blame the U.K. when the devious French politicians finally announce that the current Covid mutation is prevalent there.

They know that they already have it, just like they knew, but denied, that they had BSE many years ago.
What poetic justice it would be if UK scientists found that this mutation actually started in France! (I think I’ll make this my New Years wish)😉

• Like 1