IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, SFO said:

Read that an it does provide an interesting perspective, though I am sure a little biased, from outside of the UK.  As posted above, I find it strange the SNP voted against the deal (as was said, they made a lot of noise about BoJo's act of international law defiance - but then see link above for a German perspective on what a smart move it was!) given they were so strongly opposed to no deal. I mean, if the deal had not gone through due to their actions THEY would have inflicted a no deal Brexit on everyone.  Hmmm, how does Sturgeon get away with this time and time again. A serious question I would really love a serious answer to.

I see today both Norway and Switzerland are now complaining that the UK deal is better than theirs (Isn't their deal what Labour wanted?) and it seems that the real EU fears may be coming true in that several opinions (not facts) are coming out of some countries press that given the "good deal" the UK has received they are thinking of their own Exit!  

The final interesting "revelation" for me was that the basis that the EU is moving forward on , a common single Federal state where individuals countries boundaries and identities, and their governments, become increasingly irrelevant was first "invented" by the Nazi's during WW2 as part of their plan to unify Europe!  WTF?

So my question to Sturgeon and the SNP, that no journalist seems to want to put to them is, what is the point of gaining independence so that you can join the EU to have your nations borders, identity and government rendered meaningless and impotent? You give up the United Kingdom, where you have a clear sense of identity and significant self governance, to become part of the hippy commune of Europe where you just need to blend in and take it!  WTF would Mel Gibson's Braveheart think of that kind of "freedommmmmmm"?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

what is striking is that since the UK left the EU, the EU has been no nimbler .. in the past, all sorts of delays were blamed on the Brits being difficult 

perhaps other countries have now come out of the UK's shadow 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

BoJo's act of international law defiance 

I see today both Norway and Switzerland are now complaining that the UK deal is better than theirs

the Internal Market Bill's "international law breaking" provision was in response to EU's threat to weaponise the NI protocol by refusing to deal in good faith and expeditiously with procedures and standards on food and agriculture products, which would lead to NI being severed from GB for these products on 1 January 21 if WTO terms applied. This critical detail was completely lost in the hysterical press reporting worldwide, especially UK press and, by opposition and retired/irrelevant windbag grand standing politicians. I was delighted that Johnson fought back swiftly and robustly. Gove sorted the issue out with EU VP when the EU realised we weren't bluffing, FTA or not.   

I would be very disappointed if our deal wasn't significantly better than Norway's or Switzerland's. We are the world's 5th largest economy with much more leverage (economic, political and military) than either of them (Norway 33rd and Switzerland 18th). 

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So my question to Sturgeon and the SNP, that no journalist seems to want to put to them is, what is the point of gaining independence so that you can join the EU to have your nations borders, identity and government rendered meaningless and impotent? You give up the United Kingdom, where you have a clear sense of identity and significant self governance, to become part of the hippy commune of Europe where you just need to blend in and take it!

Scotland (and more importantly, wobbly head) get to sit at the top (EU) table - yay! - where everyone else will listen politely and then continue to act in their own interests. There will be no power of veto and sadly nobody will give a shit about a tiny economy with 5 million residents. Little fish in a big pond, they are sadly deluded :(

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1