Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 28 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

Agree with 90% of what you said but the UK will not disolve if Scotland accedes to the EU and given, despite all the activity by her over the weekend, Queen Nicola was told firmly that the Scotland could not just simply take the rUKs slot. They would need to apply and all remaining 27 states would need to say yes.

We need to not sensationalise things as citizens too ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they might actually try to accelerate further integration rather than drop it. 

At the end of the day all the beauracrats are really interested in is maintaining their own jobs. Brexit does not affect their jobs so they want it over and done with as quickly as possible. Their priority is simply continued existence of the EU rather than the best way forward for its members but the patience of the people will run out in the end.  

5 minutes ago, Andyww said:

The body with the biggest influence in the EU has always been German industry. In fact the whole EU structure is geared around them. They will likely push for, and get, a free trade deal with the UK.

Our side should agree to continuation of free movement of people but no benefits whatsoever paid to non-EU citizens and compulsory health insurance.

I really like this AndyWW. I always thought the EU wanted free movement of people to work, and I, like an awful lot of Leave voters NEVER had an issue with that. But free movement to exploit benefits was never acceptable to me but where we differ is I would include EU citizens in that.

As a case in point. I get a job offer in France and move their to work. I can support myself and pay my taxes locally. No issue from anyone. Compared with I get told / learn that I can give up my job and move to another EU country and as their cost of living there is higher I can get loads of benefits for free and therefore do not need to work and pay taxes. Loads of issue with that. I don't care where immigration comes from, as long as it is for work or retirement where people can support themselves. This is what many people wanted to vote Leave for, to get this latter form of immigration under our control. Or that is what I believe.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I have a tenant from one of the broken up Czech countries.

germany refused him any benefits at all.

moved to the uk where he gets full state aid via pension credits. His rent is paid via LHA

thats a fact gents. We will get told by everyone it's entirely different - but is not

Only here once

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Our side should agree to continuation of free movement of people but no benefits whatsoever paid to non-EU citizens and compulsory health insurance.

I really like this AndyWW. I always thought the EU wanted free movement of people to work, and I, like an awful lot of Leave voters NEVER had an issue with that. But free movement to exploit benefits was never acceptable to me but where we differ is I would include EU citizens in that.

These I believe are the crucial points that most voted on with regards to the immigration issue, not the flagrantly exaggerated and inflammatory crap that was put out there.... Obviously many other issues were addressed by allowing us the vote, but again they were all distorted by derogatory statements by influential people and media..  This was all so wrong and the reason the debate goes on when the vote is in.. 

What I personally asses from the reports of discontent is, that the bully lost and he does not like it. I am not talking about the goverment per-say , but the masses who followed the EU dictatorial methods with a passion and believe, be it misguided that it was the way to a better future..  The truth be told it was an idealism that started with a common market then grew into something far more sinister.. 

What we have here is a vote result which went against the wishes of the EU ruling junter , against the wishes of a PM and British cabinet, and also against the popular vote London...  As we all know if it floods in London its the end of the world, but if anywhere north of Watford completely blew up, it would get a second page at best. ..  This is why there is so much pessimistic noise, some of these people would rather see the country fail as a result to prove a point, instead of seeing the opportunity of real Independence that the greater population have requested by way of democratic vote..   In short London heard the bang and so did Brussels...

Well the goverment will reform appoint a new PM , who along with his/her cabinet will take us forward , negotiating our departure from the EU in the most beneficial way for all concerned.. This will not happen overnight but slowly. everything in British politics moves slowly .. It does that for a reason , so it is done right..  This may not be to all our liking but it is the British way and has always stood us in good stead .   I believe most of the problems we have encountered over previous years were due to this being eroded by the fast track get rich quick bureaucrats in Brussels forcing our hand..

Now the reference I made about south of Watford are not to be taken personal , as most of the people have accepted the result and want to move forward now..,  but those who live in the Midlands etc. know to what I refer.   People will always have conflicting opinions which is why we have a democratic system. However the result is in and we should now unite and forge a new and better future for the UK

PS.  The Scottish and N/Irish problem will also sort its self out as the rest of the UK does..   NS just likes to make noise..

Anyone for tennis.. !!            

• Like 1

The fact that the EU have told Nicola Sturgeon that they will not accept an application from Scotland sort of tells people where they stand. It's also why Sturgeon has changed her tune and instead of telling everyone we will leave and join the EU has now said they will try and block the Commons vote on Brexit.

N/Ireland will not leave the UK, there is no popular support for it. 

This is all supposition from the British Biased Corporation who have not had a balanced view since the referendum was announced.....did anyone mention their EU grants to produce programmes? No? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It's not just the BBC. All this negativity just talks stuff down.

Let's look at some upsides. A weaker pound means our exports can be more competitive. Everyone acknowledges that the Germans have kept the Euro low for their manufacturing benefit. So what if a coffee, beer or danish is now more expensive on holiday. Get back to work and make more stuff to export.

Trade - the EU has presented massive hurdles and curtailed our trade with the Commonwealth. Well, let's pick up the damn phone and give them a call.

Etc....

The small print.

14 hours ago, Advantage said:

The fact that the "EU" money is our money handed back to us minus a significant percentage seems to be lost on many. It's long winded and expensive way for the UK to pay the UK. The EU has "given" the UK nothing. Not one single penny net. 

Phew that`s alright then, they had me worried there. Cornwall can breathe easy !

Come on then you Governmental chaps ! Give the Cornish their money then, and the rest for the NHS !   Make Britain Great Again ! Recessions are just for poor people !

I am sure that once we have renegotiated and left, and therefore are no longer still giving the money to the EU, then we can redistribute it how we like.

The fact is that many of the crying whingers from Lands End to John O Groats have failed to realise that we are still having to send the money to the EU.

It's ok though as the EU are still sending what they promised back, minus of course their usual top slice.

I despair sometimes when listening to small minded local politicians, which is I suppose is better than my despairing ALL the time listening to our small minded national politicians.

• Like 1

The small print.

Looks like Hodgson has invoked Article 50 early and we're out of the Euros. That was quite decisive of him. A shame the team just dillied and dallied... 10 minutes or so to go....

The small print.

Same old, same old - no urgency whatsoever. Reminded me of England vs Brazil in Japan. Same score line as well.

• Gold FFM

She's good - but I'd guess it's gonna be Boris - he puts himself across as a Buffoon but is a wise guy in my opinion. He would mix well wi the yanks too!!

Only here once

Noticed the BBC, now they are no longer bound by impartiality rules, have gone overboard on attacking the result. 

Last night at the end of the 10 o clock news they showed and interviewed some racist thugs around the country and introduced them as Brexit Supporters. There was no balance in speaking with any of the 99% of Brexit supporters who are not racist.

On the PM, I think it has to be Theresa May. I have never really liked Boris much, he has no conviction, just goes whichever way he feels like at the time. I dont actually think he is all that clever, just very well educated. Also we would still get the endless whinging from the Left about Etonians running things. May would have a broader appeal at election time.

• Gold FFM

was one highly intelligent ??? Tattoos of swastikas really ??

the bbc are an utter disgrace to themselves. A propaganda machines dream broadcaster. 

Maybe we should start a petition to cut the bbc loose and stop license fees due to their utter lack of balance. 

• Like 2

Only here once

Yes, it will probably be similar in balance to what the UK gets from the EU - you give me all your money and I'll give just enough back to run an Esprit! ;) The rest will be spent as I deem fit.

I am though getting really really fed up with what I perceive as being a leftist PC view to the BBC's reporting. They need to be more representative of the UK in general.

The small print.

Today they are absolutely awful. Some of their headlines: 

The positive one they manage to put a negative spin on: "Market Pressure Eases after Brexit Rout"....This is a story that the markets were up 3% but they still managed to make it sound awful

"Has Leave changed it's position". This is the most negative anti leave rhetoric I have ever read. 

"Does the UK have to trigger article 50?" Self explanitory.

"5 changes to your finances" more doom and gloom.

I have just written a complaint to them. I suggest everyone else does as well! haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Complain all you like, they'll just ignore you & carry on as always until there's major reform to somehow link their licence money to their impartiality.

BBC news is staffed almost entirely by ex Guardian journalists. :thumbdown:

Cheers,

John W

Seems like I am not the only one. It bounced back because their mailbox is full.

• Like 1

With the petition for another referendum gaining traction maybe it can be combined with the petition for a rematch of the game with Iceland.

Same day perhaps  :sofa:

• Like 1

DanR